1/6 Hot Toys - MMS245 - Captain America: TWS - Falcon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tempted to get this one. He seems to be the best of the Winter Soldier figures. And I'm worried he might be the next Blade or Fury if I pass even though he'll be in the sequel.

I had the same concern that this might end up being a "blade" price. That thought was one of the factors in me purchasing it. And since Nick Fury is slowly entering $600 territory, I got a 'custom' headsculpt, and I'm now in the process of trying to kitbash with the best possible body/clothes.

But,... Falcon's not one you can so easily kitbash..hope that helps

I had the same concern that this might end up being a "blade" price. That thought was one of the factors in me purchasing it. And since Nick Fury is slowly entering $600 territory, I got a 'custom' headsculpt, and I'm now in the process of trying to kitbash with the best possible body/clothes.

But,... Falcon's not one you can so easily kitbash..hope that helps

I think they will eventually make another fury figure since he's like In all the marvel movies.

Told myself I would never get a non-Iron Man figure ... Well besides my mechanic Tony Stark but this is tempting. Especially with all this Blade and Fury talk.

I just received this fig, and opened up the tray to visually inspect him, and I immediately noticed that his fly is open on his pants!

It's not stitched closed, and looks like he took a quick leak and forgot to zip up. Trying to fold his fly closed doesn't work.

Also -- the bottom of the zipper on his vest is separated. It's zipped at the top, but split where the vest meets his waist.

Anyone else have any defects with his pants and/or vest?

(I hate having to deal with f%#$g returns!)

one of the reviewers had the same sort of issue on the figures pants. Think it was Shartimus.

Thanks, Phoenixblazes. I found it (at 5:53):

Maybe it's just the usual first-batch bugs -- I got my figure from Japan (amiami), so hopefully the assemblers will learn to not rip the pants when dressing Sam. Watch out for the shin guards as well -- they're not attached very well to the fabric of the pants.

For $200+ the figure shouldn't have these defects . . . unfortunately for me AmiAmi said they can't offer a replacement. Of course, as this is Hot Toys' fault and not theirs, I don't feel they're on the hook anyway. They did offer me a whopping 1,000 JPY (about $8.40 US) credit.

Considering I just got the Iron Man Starboost which had a poorly assembled backpack with light leakage, I gotta say that Hot Toys' quality seems to have slipped another notch.

Maybe it's the pressure of all the new releases, maybe it's growing pains, maybe it's just the usual first-batch bugs, but my two latest HT figures both had defects out-of-the-box.

Not cool, Mr. Chan!
But by all means keep jacking those prices . . . . :gah:

____

I have had no issues with any of my releases this far. Every batch/figure will have some QC issues. So I'm not sure the overall quality is down, could just be you got hosed. And it could be they sent you other people's returns knowing they wouldn't have to fix any issues as your not local. It's why I try to always buy from sideshow, becuase they fix everything. And are cool about it. Getting it just a bit cheaper isn't worth getting a jacked up figure and no support, at least for me.

This is one of the figures I've been most excited for. Starboost being the other(up till now anyway...a couple others coming that I'm just as stoked for). And I'm still waiting. Stupid dock crap.

I did see a set of pants parted out on eBay for like 25 bucks the other day, so that might be an option for you.

That's why I never buy overseas. They usually get the first batches. The U.S. gets them much later so the batches are most likely second batches and better made. I am in no hurry to be the first on the block to get them.

So I'm not sure the overall quality is down, could just be you got hosed.

I've noticed the quality slip a bit over the past eight years, but it's always a roll of the dice when one pre-orders a high-priced collectible (regardless of distributor).

Hot Toys has increased the volume and rate of their releases drastically, and this product is being assembled by Chinese factory laborers making pennies an hour.

And the pants weren't too hard to fix. I can't say that I got hosed, and at any rate minor defects on a $200 doll are "first world problems" at best.

There's actually a velcro catch on the pants can be futzed and rearranged . . . with a little patience and work I got them back in shape without using a needle or glue. The camo fatigues on this fig are very complex -- some of the busiest design I've seen since the John Connor Terminator: Salvation pants.

This is a wicked figure . . . up there with the Snipes Blade for me. The dynamic flight stand is crucial, and cements this piece as an instant classic, IMO.

Some nitpicks: The instructions warn not to leave his goggles on for extended periods of time because of possible paint damage . . . hmmm, how about no? How about doing a little materials science?

The nearly microscopic writing on his calf armor reads (in white):
"WARNING In most countries they usually take the shape of an equilateral triangle with a white background and a thick"

This is what happens when you cut and paste (a description of an exclamation point in a triangle) off the internet, folks.

The yellow label on his calf armor reads:
"The Falcon, real name Sam Wilson, is a fictional comic book character who appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics"

Gotta love that movie accurate Engrish!
What does it read on Igor's arms again? :lol

___

Can the wings go up high enough to achieve this pose? Or does it only go to about shoulder height?

falcon_live.jpg

Can the wings go up high enough to achieve this pose?

Ha! How I wish he could achieve the Icarus pose:

CAPTAIN-AMERICA-THE-WINTER-SOLDIER_CONCEPT-ART_FALCON_COSTUME_ANTHONY-MACKIE__.jpg

But alas, no. The proto pics were accurate -- shoulder height only:

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-The-Winter-Soldier-Falcon-2.jpg

Each wing can tilt down, however. Two sections can each pivot 65 degrees. Total wingspan fully extended is nearly two feet.

There's just no way to manufacture a wing with the flexibility shown in the film that wouldn't actually fall apart on a sixth scale figure.
These wings are rigid, but secure.
The flight stand really helps to make up for their limited articulation.

This one's a real beauty . . . no lie!

___

That 'Icarus pose' pic is partly why I wanted a jacket for this guy.... the concept Falcon looks much better than the final movie version

BTW Whats stopping the wings from moving higher than shoulder height

I'm so jealous of you guys that already have this. I'm still several months away thanks to the dock strike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back