1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's odd how different a sculpt can look to different people. This HS, both in the protos and the in hand photos, looks nothing like Hiddleston to me. If anything, the in hand photos make him look more Brent Spiner. Whereas the TWS Black Widow looks to me like a perfect Scarlett Johansson, where others are saying Natalie Portman.

I think we all have a different "idea" of how an actor or character should look... in general there is a lot of overlap, but I think we think of them as somewhat scene or even poster image specific. A great sculpt is one that can capture the majority of what people expect... but there will always be people who are not happy with a sculpt no matter how good it is.

I thought people didn't like the new head sculpt on this Loki? Has there been a change of heart since people got it in hand? Is this sculpt better than the Avengers Loki?

I think the proto doesn't look as good as the final sculpt... I'm guessing either they tweaked it, or the features just softened in production. It definitely is not as textured as the proto and that diminished some of the harshness for me.

It looks good, I think it has more character than the Avengers version.

Funny how HT can often present a production version that's better than their proto. That needs to happen more often. Like with Sideshow Star Wars,

It looks good, I think it has more character than the Avengers version.

Funny how HT can often present a production version that's better than their proto. That needs to happen more often. Like with Sideshow Star Wars,

No doubt... I guess we'll see how that works out when HT releases their own SW figures. I'm very happy with Luke overall, I still think he's looks a bit too much like Depp, but I never feel anything negative about him on my shelf and I even bought a 3rd head for my ROTJ Luke.

Both sculpts have their high and low points so I honestly couldn't say which one I prefer. However it is much better in hand than pics. Looks great.

Yeah, both Lokis have good and bad angles. But for some reason, new Loki is just a lot less photogenic than Avengers Loki.

That said, in hand, comparing the two at their respective best angles, I think new Loki actually wins. But if I'm looking at any other angle, I like Avengers Loki much better.

So if i have to pick one, I'd still take Avengers Loki, especially when he's wearing a helmet.

Yep another great review from Clipper. Definitely thought it would be scored lower too but that's cool.

I thought people didn't like the new head sculpt on this Loki? Has there been a change of heart since people got it in hand? Is this sculpt better than the Avengers Loki?

At this point, the head sculpt could look like Justin Bieber...
I just need a Loki.

Can you not read back through the comments???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In all seriousness I do have some serious catching up to do in this and the Cap GA threads. I lost track and I'm having a hard time deciding if these are both keepers or not. I have to dig back and check out everyone's pics and thoughts before I decide to open them and see for myself.

yby7aryv.jpg

e4uzaqar.jpg

Welcome Loki. The brothers are finally united.

Back