1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you put da helmet on him? He fit?
Is he able to hold the staff?

He can hold the staff. The picture I posted earlier has him holding the short staff. I used the hand that has the finger out and half closed. He only have one of those, so if you want him to hold it in his other hand, you will have to steal one from Avengers Loki. On that note, the gold paint of TDW Loki's hand is darker than Avengers Loki. The back end of the staff thick; so I didn't want to try to force it through the 'fist' hand.

As for the helmet, I did not dare try. I went as far as taking a helmet out of an Avengers Loki box. Then I look at it, and remember how traumatic it was for me to put it on Avengers Loki the first time. Then I look at TDW Loki, and see that his head is bigger (especially around the jaw). After that, I put the helmet away and decide went on ebay to look for a smaller custom head or a bigger custom helmet :wink1:

Yup! Both versions

jealous.gif

Have to say I think this piece was overlooked, I got mine last night and I am pretty happy with it. I have both versions now and I think both have desirable aspects to them. Neither is a perfect figure.

He can hold the staff. The picture I posted earlier has him holding the short staff. I used the hand that has the finger out and half closed. He only have one of those, so if you want him to hold it in his other hand, you will have to steal one from Avengers Loki. On that note, the gold paint of TDW Loki's hand is darker than Avengers Loki. The back end of the staff thick; so I didn't want to try to force it through the 'fist' hand.

As for the helmet, I did not dare try. I went as far as taking a helmet out of an Avengers Loki box. Then I look at it, and remember how traumatic it was for me to put it on Avengers Loki the first time. Then I look at TDW Loki, and see that his head is bigger (especially around the jaw). After that, I put the helmet away and decide went on ebay to look for a smaller custom head or a bigger custom helmet :wink1:

:clap
Awesome. Thanks for the info, dude.

The head is bigger? That's a shame.
I guess I'm gonna be picking up that custom after all.

they are replacing my shiny head sculpt, just so people know they'll do it

Well, you must be lucky there Nick....
Sent in pictures of both the box damage and the shiny head and was told via email 'No can do" on both issues. No replacement boxes and no replacement heads are being sent. I can accept a $10 credit that will probably expire before I"d use it or send the figure back for a full refund
I'm a little stunned to say the least but...oh well..haven't decided what to do yet.

Sent in pictures of both the box damage and the shiny head and was told via email 'No can do" on both issues.

Hmmm. I wonder if they are cutting people's losses since it seems to be widespread issue. They don't want to replace all the heads...

Sent in pictures of both the box damage and the shiny head and was told via email 'No can do" on both issues. No replacement boxes and no replacement heads are being sent. I can accept a $10 credit that will probably expire before I"d use it or send the figure back for a full refund
I'm a little stunned to say the least but...oh well..haven't decided what to do yet.

That's messed up. Have you received exchanges in the past??? I can see them denying a request from someone that has abused the exchange policy. If not take pictures with a better camera and or from different angles and resubmit complaint with different rep

:clap
Awesome. Thanks for the info, dude.

The head is bigger? That's a shame.
I guess I'm gonna be picking up that custom after all.

The head *looks* bigger to me. I will try to measure it to confirm.

Oh, and some custom heads may be larger too. I was looking at the one from onesixthkit on ebay; and I emailed him to ask if the helmet would fit. He said he doesn't have the helmet, but the new custom head is bigger than the first Loki, so it's likely that the Avengers helmet won't fit. So yeah, you may want to ask about the size of the custom you're thinking of before picking it up.

I was gonna go with headplay's first Loki custom. It seems to be more or less a recast of TA head. So, helmet should fit.

I'll also pick up a second TDW head and... stuff the helmet onto(Sanka from Cool Runnings style).

Wow, put myself on the waitlist for this 2 days ago on a whim thinking I'd never get it. It just converted.

Did not expect that!

Well....after having the figure in front of me for a bit tonight, I've decided to keep him. Sounds like this "shiny" spot issue on the forehead is happening with lot of folks...could be result of the way he was packed, could be a manufacturing (paint application) defect...don't know. He looks good in most light/display situations so....I'll live with it. I like the character the figure represents, the outfit is top-notch and other than that one issue, is a wonderfully rendered figure of the infamous trickster.

It's too bad about the box...but if Sideshow doesn't have replacements, than that's the way it is.

I'll get some more shots of him tomorrow with Thor....

Back