1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photos of my Loki that I got today. He does have a shiny spot on the upper center of his forehead, but it isn't too noticeable unless you're looking for it. He's also really hard to get a good photo of with my cell phone, but in hand, his sculpt isn't really "soft" like it appears in pictures. I am very pleased with him thus far.

dwloki1.jpg
dwloki2.jpg
dwloki5.jpg
dwloki6.jpg

Nice close-ups, Dixmois....

Loki arrived here a day early...no complaints about that....but his arrival isn't without "issues".....

Looks like I've got the shiny spot on the forehead too (hard to tell from pictures, but it's there) and the box ended up arriving with a nasty dent/crush in it. Nothing wrong with the figure thankfully but....

Gonna send a couple snaps of it to Sideshow and see if they'll send me a new box...as for the shiny spot....I'll stew on it for a day or so and decide....

Here's a couple of really quick shots from work....

Now the good....as others have mentioned, the outfit is killer...really sharp tailoring and moves/positions well on the figure. Wendy Partridge's work on the costume (for the movie) is really quite complex with it's bondage-tinged straps creating cool layers and armor-pieced highlights are burnished well and add a great texture. The Hot Toys team has rendered this outfit to scale perfectly.

I like the portrait. It's not that "soft" in hand and the eyes are sharp and have Hiddleston's mischievous glint to them. It's not as successful as the recent portrait for Thor, but it is a decent effort.

I'll get some shots over the weekend...a few with Thor too.

Hope other folks keep adding new pics as they get him....

New Loki seems to be really asymmetrical. There are angles where he looks great; and there are angles where I can't bear to look at him. I am constantly reposing him so I don't have to look at him in profile (especially on the left).

I wish the helmet would fit. It would make the asymmetry a lot less obvious. I mean, Avengers Loki has good and bad angles too, but not like this.

The costume is nice though. It's softer and fits Loki's form much better. Oh, and I love the longer (and also softer) hair. All in all, I'm not unhappy with my new Loki (as one can never have too many Lokis); but I'm not really thrilled either....

20140814_175723.jpg

So I sent an email to Sideshow about the box and the portrait....they're usually great about this kind of stuff so....hopefully I'll hear soon about it.
No regrets on picking him up though....I think he looks pretty cool.

So I sent an email to Sideshow about the box and the portrait....they're usually great about this kind of stuff so....hopefully I'll hear soon about it.
No regrets on picking him up though....I think he looks pretty cool.

He definitely looks cool :clap

I find it funny a few months back people went mental over this and now those same people are dropping a fortune on it as they missed the pre orders haha

I find it funny a few months back people went mental over this and now those same people are dropping a fortune on it as they missed the pre orders haha

I'm still not wrapped about the sculpt. But I've found peace knowing I can always buy the custom head of I'm disappointed.

Back