1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wonder if his helmet from the avengers version can fit with the new headsculpt..

Every time I see people bring up a photo of Hiddleston for comparison, I keep seeing stills from the Avengers.
So instead, I thought I'd whip up a quick comparison based entirely on photos from TDW Loki:

Looking at this comparison now, I don't think either are completely spot-on, as I feel like somewhere in the middle would be the perfect likeness for TDW Loki. Still, I think the improvements made on the new sculpt over the proto looks great, and I can definitely see the likeness even if it's perfect.

Agree with that! So glad it looks a lot better than the original prototype. :)

Every time I see people bring up a photo of Hiddleston for comparison, I keep seeing stills from the Avengers.
So instead, I thought I'd whip up a quick comparison based entirely on photos from TDW Loki:
[/IMG]

Looking at this comparison now, I don't think either are completely spot-on, as I feel like somewhere in the middle would be the perfect likeness for TDW Loki. Still, I think the improvements made on the new sculpt over the proto looks great, and I can definitely see the likeness even if it's perfect.

Yeah it actually looks better than the avengers version in your comparison, and imo its pretty great

The first one works better cause the expression is sinister AND the cheekbones are well defined... plus it came with a helmet.

This if you don't wanna pay uber inflated price. But either way, I'd definitely get this one and hunt a helmet elsewhere (if you want a helmet)

I think the new one looks really good actually

agreed, I actually think this one trumps the Avengers one, just not in the extras, this one doesnt have nearly as much, you think(considering this guy sells) Hot Toys would have included a prisoner outfit or maybe a book/alternate long hair HS

I'm on the hunt to add Loki to my collection. Is this the one to go for, or the Avengers version?

Depends which you prefer I guess. I like them both :) They are both great looking figures. Avengers Loki comes with more accessories but is quite expensive to buy now. This new one is a good (especially now they have improved the head sculpt!!), looks pretty good and will probably be easier/cheaper to get hold of, but, doesn't come with much accessory wise. I was only going to get the Avengers Loki, but am getting this too.

Sorry to hear. I think I'll end up getting this :ohbfrank:

giphy.gif

The flex pay on these figures is what saves me. Gonna be especially helpful on something like the Cap/Steve Rogers set.
I'd love to be able to use that. Alas, I'm in a country where Sideshow don't ship their items (I think). Wish I was back in the States. I loved going to the comic book shops.
Sorry to hear. I think I'll end up getting this :ohbfrank:
Sweeeet. Try out the helmet from Avengers Loki once you get him!

Back