1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10488308_849929625024663_5080039118328117707_n.jpg

Wow, TDW version looks a tad bit too soft while the Avengers version looks way too thinned out in that shot. Somewhere in the middle of these two is the perfect Loki. Surprisingly enough, that shot of the Avengers actually makes it look worse, and the expression on this actually makes it look more like Hiddleston. You gotta hand it to HT in terms of the tailoring though, the new one looks miles better with those gold divots lining up his coat/tunic.

I'll admit, this one definitely grew on me with its improvements and it actually suits my need for a Loki HT more than the Avengers version. Again, I should mention I like his de-powered look more with this outfit, if I wanted Loki with horns I would've preferred a King Loki from the first Thor film.

well its not that its preference over the Avengers one, not everyone has that guy

I had the chance to preorder him the very last time there were "less than 10 remaining" but I figured I could wait. Turns out I was wrong... regretted it ever since lol.

So I'm glad I'm getting this Loki.

Wow, TDW version looks a tad bit too soft while the Avengers version looks way too thinned out in that shot. Somewhere in the middle of these two is the perfect Loki. Surprisingly enough, that shot of the Avengers actually makes it look worse, and the expression on this actually makes it look more like Hiddleston. You gotta hand it to HT in terms of the tailoring though, the new looks miles better with those gold divots lining up his coat/tun

Idk...in the beginning when Loki arrived on earth, he looked really worn down. I think the difference in the tailoring is interesting but I am not sure which I prefer. Excited to see it at SDCC...I may have to get this guy

Man, going to SDCC is my dream come true. Maybe once I'm in the working world, it would be possible. But with flight tickets and everything, would probably cost me a good $10,000 or more.

Idk...in the beginning when Loki arrived on earth, he looked really worn down. I think the difference in the tailoring is interesting but I am not sure which I prefer. Excited to see it at SDCC...I may have to get this guy

Hmm I ought to wonder if it's also to do with how Hiddleston looked on either of the films and the point you bring up makes sense especially with the Avengers version. Personally I never liked the tailoring on the Avengers version. I had every chance to get it when pre-orders first came out but the tailoring just looked horrible to me at the time especially when you compare it to the source material. So I'm actually happy to get this version since it suits my needs a lot more than the previous one did.

Hmm I ought to wonder if it's also to do with how Hiddleston looked on either of the films and the point you bring up makes sense especially with the Avengers version. Personally I never liked the tailoring on the Avengers version. I had every chance to get it when pre-orders first came out but the tailoring just looked horrible to me at the time especially when you compare it to the source material. So I'm actually happy to get this version since it suits my needs a lot more than the previous one did.

Thats awesome to hear! This figure does look very good. Especially with TDW Thor

Man, going to SDCC is my dream come true. Maybe once I'm in the working world, it would be possible. But with flight tickets and everything, would probably cost me a good $10,000 or more.

:exactly: I would love to go a Comic Con as well...would be awesome.

Individual Preferences. You think it's good because you can't see why some think it's bad as they think it's bad because they can't see why you think it's good.

We'll I mean I can see why some prefer the avengers one, because there's more lines and detail, but the likeness on the new one looks more accurate to me. And anyway Loki's skin looks pretty smooth and flawless in the films.

Individual Preferences. You think it's good because you can't see why some think it's bad as they think it's bad because they can't see why you think it's good.

I recognize its faults (face too soft on details, the forehead is questionable etc.) but sometimes if there's enough improvements/positives that's reason enough for me to be happy with my purchase. In this case, I definitely think the pros outweigh the cons: the expression looks more playful and therefore more "Hiddleston" Loki-ish, and the tailoring, while still imperfect, looks much better than the Avengers version ever did in my eyes. Also considering my preference for a de-powered Loki, I think this one is more suited to what I need in my collection (I still want King Loki from the first movie though...)

Both sculpts have good angles and bad ones. Not sure which one I like more but TDW Loki looks much better than the prototype.

I've considered getting this before but now with the noticeable improvements, I'm kinda torn. I was surprised to find myself liking this new one since I was one of the ones who were really critical of the old prototype photos actually. Ehh might as well grab this. I plan to make a suited Loki later anyway and since I have the short staff/spear, it's also a good alt. option for my TDW Loki.

Back