1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

So HT announced 1/4 Preds back in 2011..... It's now 2014, so are they hibernating or what?!

And I'm wondering if HT are going to redo the Super Preds (2.0) again? Since everyone was upset about height and small bio and head.

We need Borg Lost Predator 2.0 ASAP, chop chop HT.

AVP Elder 2.0 MUST be released this year.

And Wolf must be done perfect and not made to look skinny. I hope he comes with an awesome base.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

So HT announced 1/4 Preds back in 2011..... It's now 2014, so are they hibernating or what?!

And I'm wondering if HT are going to redo the Super Preds (2.0) again? Since everyone was upset about height and small bio and head.

We need Borg Lost Predator 2.0 ASAP, chop chop HT.

AVP Elder 2.0 MUST be released this year.

And Wolf must be done perfect and not made to look skinny. I hope he comes with an awesome base.
The Wolf first. Everything else: later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to paint my Scar lens since they can't be mod, double checked and the lens is one piece (it looks like it is two separate bits but its not).

When I have time that is.

I want them to look like this:

However this effect will be gone as you have to paint over it.

Will be happy to see it look like this from a distance.

I tied repainting scars bio, didn't look too good. As you found out just i did the visor is 1 piece, a clear transparency melted onto a black mesh plastic.
For scar to be accurate it needs a silver visor over a black mesh, which cant be done without a custom visor.

I tied repainting scars bio, didn't look too good. As you found out just i did the visor is 1 piece, a clear transparency melted onto a black mesh plastic.
For scar to be accurate it needs a silver visor over a black mesh, which cant be done without a custom visor.

Yeah. That's the problem. If one wants to paint it silver for accuracy then unfortunately they will compromise on detail of the transparent mesh.

Lets hope they get it right for Wolf. I mean Scars visor was silver in the old figures!

I'm greatful for HT bringing us new 2.0 versions regardless. But I have to point out and they too need to be told that these are not ironman figures or other franchise where you keep on getting the same figure every trilogy etc or even more with differences but these are PREDATOR FIGURES and you only get one shot at doing it right. Because there is no guarantee that they'll be revisited. I mean we've waited since 2006 for the new avp line (since they were released, that's almost 8 long years!!) and for the original p1 longer, way over due.

Berserker and P2 were big examples of mistakes for many here.

German Beast said:
hello i see your beautifull pics :=)
very cool with celtic he smilles so much after he get his love chocklat:=)
one questiin do you have to sell the Templer mask ?

Hi German Beast, I tried replying to your message several times but your inbox is full so am replying here.

Hi thanks for the nice comments, which one is Templer mask? Never heard of Templer mask.

Well I got me a Chopper 2.0 thanks to German Beast for the custom bio mask!!
Now I just need a Scar 2.0 to complete the trio.

I apologize for the sideways pics, my photo editig program got messed up and had to reload it. Here are the fixed pics!

Last edited:

NEWS:

'Modestly-budgeted for a summer blockbuster, Predators quickly recouped its expenses and received mostly positive reviews. It should come as no surprise that 20th Century Fox is hungry to repeat that success. The ending of the film certainly hinted at the possibility of further installments and Rodriguez confirms that he’s been approached to get the ball rolling on a sequel.

Apparently Predators was the studio’s way of “testing the market” – and the scope of the film was deliberately modest. Rodriguez spoke with IGN asserting that, with a renewed interest in the franchise, we can expect bigger and better things from a Predators sequel:
“They really wanted it to be pretty contained, pretty scaled-back. They didn’t want to put too many of the ideas into it that we could save for a second one. So we could see what the appetite was, because the bigger movie would actually be what comes following that. That kind of sets up a new storyline, new location and world, and then you can really go crazy from there.”

Rodriguez goes on to say that while he’s got a few of his own ideas for the sequel, he’ll probably bring in other writers to pitch their take – and then choose the approach he likes best.'

This is excellent news CAN NOT WAIT for the sequel, finally it's about time - which means more unique and new HT Preds, great!

That sounds really good :clap but I'd like to see something new and better for the predators

(Posting this in both threads):

I finally got some time to mess with Scar & Celtic. Lovin' these dudes :rock

I'm assuming that these are the same bodies but my Celtic's legs click at the hip (like a ratchet) and Scar's doesn't. Any else have the same situation?

(Posting this in both threads):

I finally got some time to mess with Scar & Celtic. Lovin' these dudes :rock

I'm assuming that these are the same bodies but my Celtic's legs click at the hip (like a ratchet) and Scar's doesn't. Any else have the same situation?

My celtic is the same way, I think its normal.

My Celtic has ratchet joints in the hips. Don't care for it very much.

My Celtic has the ratchet joints while Scar does not. I believe this is normal based on what I have seen others post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

image_zps75acd29e.jpg
that was unexpected and so cool ))))

the next pred i like to make is this one
one of the short Scene in avp 1 when 3 pred fight Aliens attack on the pyramid
he has one Long blad like chopper and 2 gauntlets with blades
1.jpg222.jpgSchnappschuss_002323333.jpg

My Celtic has the ratchet joints while Scar does not. I believe this is normal based on what I have seen others post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder why they didn't include the ratchet on both and it's too bad that they didn't. These guys are pretty heavy and it seems to add a lot of stability. My Celtic stands sturdy as can be and while Scar is pretty solid with tight joints, he's looser where the legs meet the body. This has caused him to take a few dives already while Celtic is rock solid

Although Celtic might not be my favourite of the lot I have to say that because of his bio design he has a lot of potential, meaning you can have so many interesting 'expressions' depending how you pose him.

I guess he finally got what he wanted.............

I thought these guys were strictly 'Trophy only'. :dunno
:lol:rotfl

Me too (not living in the UK though). When are they expected in the UK?

Some still have it listed as the original September release others have it for May.

Back