1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCA76D5D-E751-4B12-83CA-1877E4665F97-3268-0000012B93F598D1_zps7b2bfa1c.jpg

Going to get him swapped out next week, bummer.. All the plastic sheets and foam in the world cant protect the paint of a figure if its still wet.
that sucks man...its terrible that even gets shipped, it should have been caught at the QC line.(if a QC line exists at HT)

My Loki came in yesterday. Pure AWESOMENESS!!! The helmet does scare me bit like everyone else be saying cuz the way the plastic is made. But I did blow-dry trick which works wonders. Only problem is I can't get the cape to sit flush to lay flat on his shoulders. Anyone know how to do it easily?? It's way different than the DX12 Batman cape cuz Loki's plastic clips are WAY too wide whereas Batman is small and easy to install. Any help would be appreciated.

Got mine today. He's a truly amazing figure. I didn't see any tab on the back of my helmet. But it went on fine with the side tabs.

As for the cape, it confused me too. But really, it pretty much just slides in. I just had to ind of pushed down on the top to make sure the green fabric tucked in under the armor.

Got mine tonight as well, awesome figure, best layering of clothing since DX Sparrow. The helmet was fiddily, but with patience, studying the way it was constructed, and a steady hand, went on, and looks killer.

A must for fans of Thor comics, and Avenger movies.

Oh my dear Lord, that cape application was just awful - and probably done wrong on top of that.

Then, the helmet. OMG. Oh. Em. Gee, people. The video makes it look so simple. Snip. Snap. Done.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Get one side attached, the other side snaps loose. The back never did snap together..... meanwhile I can just feel the facepaint scratching. That helmet is never coming off again.

Not ever.

Its still not done right, but I am done tinkering for the night. What a horrifying feeling of fear.

Kanine, I don't know if you're a professional photographer, but you should be!!! :) Nice pictures!!!

Lol, thanks for the compliments, I am no professional. I am trying to set up a lightbox currently to get some better lighting for pics, just trying to make space for a decent setup.

My waiting list order converted. Cheers to holding out and saving $40 because I almost placed an order at CMDStore for $260+ship

Has anyone read Michael crawfords review of Loki and think his standards are slipping?
Apart from him calling paint apps, paint 'ops' which in itself, is annoying, his Hot Toys reviews specifically, are getting a bit poor.

Some of the highlights of this review specifically were:

- Marking the figure down as the smirk wasn't smirky enough(?!)
- Stating the paint 'apps' were unrealistic (?!)
- marking down the box art (yet always giving Sideshows dreary Starwars boxes full marks (?!)
- Marking the figure down on poor supply of accessories (?!)
- nit picking the outfit which is one of the best excecuted I've seen up to now in 1/6 scale

Don't get me wrong, he's one of the guys who inspired me to collect 1/6 along with Wookster, Pitu and USCMHicks Tay and i always visit his website twice a week without fail but I've noticed his reviews have me scratching my head in frustration recently.
I appreciate a valid critique but sometimes he's just plain wrong!

Has anyone read Michael crawfords review of Loki and think his standards are slipping?
Apart from him calling paint apps, paint 'ops' which in itself, is annoying, his Hot Toys reviews specifically, are getting a bit poor.

- marking down the box art (yet always giving Sideshows dreary Starwars boxes full marks (?!)
- nit picking the outfit which is one of the best excecuted I've seen up to now in 1/6 scale

Don't get me wrong, he's one of the guys who inspired me to collect 1/6 along with Wookster, Pitu and USCMHicks Tay and i always visit his website twice a week without fail but I've noticed his reviews have me scratching my head in frustration recently.

I've always liked mwcs reviews...but it would really irk me if he picked on the outfit. I haven't read the review because I'm having trouble accessing it, but I'm interested in reading what he said. I don't own Loki, but from what I can tell, his outfit is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. so complex and so detailed, I can't imagine anyone having any qualms with it. I mean, if it hinders articulation, well, Loki wasn't moving around like a ninja so posing him in ninja poses is out of character and pointless.

Its Micheal Crawfords's opinion.. he is entitled to it, in exactly the same way. you are entitled to yours and to disagree with his, it doesn't mean its a poor quality review.. nothing worse than insipid reviews that never criticise anything and read like a corporate advert.

I read MWCToys positive reviews of the small toy figures and cannot for the life of me understand, why anyone would collect that stuff in the first place (and then agonise over the condition of card backing).. and 1:6 figures with realistic hair and cloth costumes do nothing to float my boat either.. its just not my bag.. but if others like that sort of thing, no problemo.. less competition for life size props, 1:4 scale and Super Deformed figures on Evilbay for me! :yess:

Personally I thought the review was good, even if I didn't necessarily agree with all of it (think Loki's expression is fine and overdoing it might affect likeness and get boring to look at after a while). I sort of get the feeling he's maybe a little less thrilled with these releases due to the ever escalating prices, as he mentions. Seems like he's a bit fatigued with that and maybe it's colouring his reviews, somewhat.

I'm starting to get bored with 1:6 figures myself. :lol

I read MWC's review of Loki and I think it was okay.
His review was a nice break from all the positive reactions here.

Makes you think if these figures are really the grails we make them to be.

Hmm...I thought Michael wasn't too far off track. I was disappointed in Loki's sculpt in person. The smirk and expression is so much a part of his character that to have such a bland look, toned down from the prototype, hurts the likeness. Heck, this is one case where more expression would probably HELP likeness. I also think that while the costume is AMAZING, the body should have been modded. He's out of scale on height and bulk, which is accentuated by the helmet. And speaking of the helmet, the fact that it's so fragile hurts it. I dunno how HT could have done it better, but the fact that so many of them came with the back tab broken (including mine) shows a design flaw.

Otherwise, the outfit is awesome, the accessories are great, and I don't see the paint issues he did, but overall I think Michael's right on.

Back