1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki -MOVIE SPOILERS!

First in a long time that I've been wowed by an HT figure. Headsculpt and clothing look superb. This might be my only purchase from this line.

Last edited:

Excuse the newbie posting here, but no it would not be weird. >:)

There have been very few times in my life when I was so instantly and viscerally drawn to a collectible, as I was to Loki. The instant I saw this - I think I found the teaser pic on Comics Alliance - I knew I was going to buy it ASAP and price be damned.

This will be my first Hot Toys figure - I only own one other high-end action figure, which is the RAH Carnage, another instant must-have - after a great deal of holding out. Years ago I remember seeing the original HT Blade; he was gorgeous! But I was all "We are collecting enough expensive stuff already, lets not start anything ELSE" and passed on him. Which was very stupid.

I have a serious.... thing.... for villains. Always have. Can't help it. Loki is so fall-down-dead, eye-gougingly just plain *gorgeous* that my only regret here is that he isn't 1:1 scale >;-) I was just sitting in the theatre, thunderstruck at such deadly elegance... this is one helluva mesmerising guy. Why would he NEED an army?! Just show up and use that velvety accent to proclaim your intention, Loki: the female half of the human race would have surrendered without a fight. Earth girls are easy.

I do kinda think that he should come with a Tesseract.... but I'm not buying the Fury figure just to get my hands on it. I might see if I can fabricate something. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I did laugh when someone on Facebook asked [in reference to this figure] "Where's the Tesseract" and someone else replied: "Who cares?!!" lol..... yeah, he's that mind-blowing.

I wonder if his height includes the horned helmet, or if that's a measurement from the top of his actual head? Hoping the latter... if we should get a 1/4 scale statue I am sooooooo doooomed..... I am also dreading having opened the Hot Toys "door" because now I'll have one, and this will make buying others easier since I'll have begun a 12" collection. Just what the checkbook needs....

This figure is not cheap, but here's my ugly little secret: I would have paid EVEN MORE to get him. Now comes the hard part - waiting till december to get him. I am gonna die waiting.

Wow!, you got it real bad...real quick!!! :wink1:

Welcome :duff:

Excuse the newbie posting here, but no it would not be weird. >:)

There have been very few times in my life when I was so instantly and viscerally drawn to a collectible, as I was to Loki. The instant I saw this - I think I found the teaser pic on Comics Alliance - I knew I was going to buy it ASAP and price be damned.

This will be my first Hot Toys figure - I only own one other high-end action figure, which is the RAH Carnage, another instant must-have - after a great deal of holding out. Years ago I remember seeing the original HT Blade; he was gorgeous! But I was all "We are collecting enough expensive stuff already, lets not start anything ELSE" and passed on him. Which was very stupid.

I have a serious.... thing.... for villains. Always have. Can't help it. Loki is so fall-down-dead, eye-gougingly just plain *gorgeous* that my only regret here is that he isn't 1:1 scale >;-) I was just sitting in the theatre, thunderstruck at such deadly elegance... this is one helluva mesmerising guy. Why would he NEED an army?! Just show up and use that velvety accent to proclaim your intention, Loki: the female half of the human race would have surrendered without a fight. Earth girls are easy.

I do kinda think that he should come with a Tesseract.... but I'm not buying the Fury figure just to get my hands on it. I might see if I can fabricate something. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I did laugh when someone on Facebook asked [in reference to this figure] "Where's the Tesseract" and someone else replied: "Who cares?!!" lol..... yeah, he's that mind-blowing.

I wonder if his height includes the horned helmet, or if that's a measurement from the top of his actual head? Hoping the latter... if we should get a 1/4 scale statue I am sooooooo doooomed..... I am also dreading having opened the Hot Toys "door" because now I'll have one, and this will make buying others easier since I'll have begun a 12" collection. Just what the checkbook needs....

This figure is not cheap, but here's my ugly little secret: I would have paid EVEN MORE to get him. Now comes the hard part - waiting till december to get him. I am gonna die waiting.
DONT EVER tell anyone that you would have paid even more:lecture
hot toys will follow your order:gah:

First time I've been vowed

chekov_1.jpg

DONT EVER tell anyone that you would have paid even more:lecture
hot toys will follow your order:gah:

Yeah, I know that's usually a mistake - make that ALWAYS a mistake :p

When I saw the pricing for Thor I had a feeling that Loki would be even worse, due to the complexity of his costume - and wow I sure wasn't wrong.

I am already considering picking up Cap later, to go with him. I can see I am on a very slippery slope.... I'm going to wait a bit though and see if I can get a better price. I don't know though, because I am seriously considering getting a wall-mount single display case for Loki [protecting the investment, you see] and all this could quickly get expensive. In fact, scratch the "could"....

p.s. TY for the welcome, DGT >:)

Wow, how great is this even with no special lighting or anything. Really impressed. Thank you for the pix.

I was over on YouTube yesterday, obsessively watching the "Loki Imprisoned" clip [that thing is addictive, and nice comeback Fury - although much like Loki, I still ain't impressed] and while reading the comments noticed that someone stated that Thor looked just like Chris Pontius from "Jackass." Now I cannot unsee the resemblance :rotfl

Actually, I think the only reason he costs more is because they announced him later than Thor. HT's pricing policy seems to be to take the price of the previous figure and add between $5 and $10 to it.

No rocket science, basic 1st grade math.

I wonder if his height includes the horned helmet, or if that's a measurement from the top of his actual head? Hoping the latter...

The height will be without the helmet. 32cm is around the standard height for male HT bodies.

Glad to see people, especially new collectors, excited by this figure. High sales will likely mean a "Thor" version as well.

One thing that amazed me at FaceBook was how many other female collectors were excited. I do not think I have ever seen more interest from women in a Hot Toys figure. I have to admit I have been desiring a Loki from Hot Toys on the board since I saw Thor last summer. Something about the character drives me wild.

Hiddleston has a really unique, sexy look, add in the 'bad boy' element and I can see women and gay men finding particular interest in this character. This just validates my view that their is an untapped market for premium, realistic dolls that avoid the distorted "doll" appearance of Barbie, Tonner, Living Dead, etc.

Man, Loki really does make Thor's sculpt look even crappier. I wish HT would reach a Loki level of perfection on all of their sculpts.

Can't agree more !! Glad I did not pre-order the Thor ! :yess:

The height will be without the helmet. 32cm is around the standard height for male HT bodies.

Glad to see people, especially new collectors, excited by this figure. High sales will likely mean a "Thor" version as well.

One thing that amazed me at FaceBook was how many other female collectors were excited. I do not think I have ever seen more interest from women in a Hot Toys figure. I have to admit I have been desiring a Loki from Hot Toys on the board since I saw Thor last summer. Something about the character drives me wild.

Hiddleston has a really unique, sexy look, add in the 'bad boy' element and I can see women and gay men finding particular interest in this character. This just validates my view that their is an untapped market for premium, realistic dolls that avoid the distorted "doll" appearance of Barbie, Tonner, Living Dead, etc.

The first hint I had that other women felt much the same way I did about Loki's effortless charisma was the aforementioned YouTube listing. Can 10,000 females posting the equivalent of "COMMAND ME, LOKI!" be wrong....? lol. I was feeling rather lonely re this issue in the theatre, but I often endure that anyways since I am often rooting for the villain. We all know that the villain will never be allowed to win, but when a villain is endowed with this level of charm and class its just about impossible not to like him.

There is something very relatable about Loki. He endures a considerable amount of provocation with great equanamity, at least for a while. I think almost anyone would grow weary of the slagging he gets from other Asgardians. During the deleted ceremony-entrance scene from "Thor," Thor actually insults him twice: first by dismissing his magical help during a battle as "some of us do battles, others just do tricks" and then by telling Loki he is "incapable of sincerity." Really?!! Thor, you are an @ss.... and that is without even mentioning what Loki goes through in the comics.

Really looking forward to seeing this character return in "Thor 2" and hopefully in "Avengers 2." Good luck keeping a sorcerer of this skill-level muzzled and shackled for long, Asgard. And that's a good thing, because without a good villain on the loose, you got... nothing.

Last edited:

...I often endure that anyways since I am often rooting for the villain. We all know that the villain will never be allowed to win, but when a villain is endowed with this level of charm and class its just about impossible not to like him.

There is something very relatable about Loki. He endures a considerable amount of provocation with great equanamity, at least for a while. I think almost anyone would grow weary of the slagging he gets from other Asgardians. During the deleted ceremony-entrance scene from "Thor," Thor actually insults him twice: first by dismissing his magical help during a battle as "some of us do battles, others just do tricks" and then by telling Loki he is "incapable of sincerity." Really?!! Thor, you are an @ss.... and that is without even mentioning what Loki goes through in the comics.

I rooted for Loki too. If Marvel gave writers more room for creativity, the relationship between Thor and Loki (and Odin) could be played out in a much more sophisticated fashion, to the point that the hero-villain dynamic would fade away. Thor is extremely arrogant, so it is not a stretch to make him considerably less likable. I always enjoyed female Loki because it added even more complexity by way of gender relations. Marvel of course likes to ruin potential anti-hero villains like Magneto or Doctor Doom with some stupid display of cowardice or prejudice. They always get kicked back to a level with the Red Skull, the ultimate hate-worthy villain.

Just preordered this gem through Sideshow. First Hot Toys figure.

Pre-ordered yesterday. Probably my only figure from the Avengers line, I simply cannot afford any more at the moment! :(

Ordered through SSC :yess:

This film is costing me a fortune!:medic

Pre-ordered yesterday. Probably my only figure from the Avengers line, I simply cannot afford any more at the moment! :(

Agreed: if you only get one of these, I think Loki is going to be the one you don't want to miss.

I saw no mention of an edition-size anywheres, I wonder what the edition size is? That's one reason I wanted to get my order in ASAP, the idea of missing out was unbearable. I am honestly surprised Sideshow has not sold out yet. [With that said, I hate small edition sizes like the plague, because that leaves so many collectors out in the cold. Usually the first one out in the cold is myself :p ]

I saw yesterday on Facebook that pre-order was likely to go live, I made sure I got home early and I was refreshing the SSC page like, every 15 minutes until AT LAST..... Obsession is a terrible thing, I tell ya. :wink1:

Once again regardless of how Thor or anyone else turns out these will be the two definitive Avengers characters to get and will make for a great display just by themselves! :rock

images
images

:goodpost: :clap

Why would he NEED an army?! Just show up and use that velvety accent to proclaim your intention, Loki: the female half of the human race would have surrendered without a fight. Earth girls are easy.

Plus 100% of the gay men population :lol

I wonder if his height includes the horned helmet, or if that's a measurement from the top of his actual head? Hoping the latter...

Actual head, since thor is also listed as 32cm and had the same height as the Loki fig in a pic posted earlier

This figure is not cheap, but here's my ugly little secret: I would have paid EVEN MORE to get him.

No matter how tempting it is to say it, DONT :monkey4
We do not know who else may be watching :ogat
:lol

I saw no mention of an edition-size anywheres, I wonder what the edition size is?

There wont be an edition size :D
It is a widely accepted fact [or rumor] that HT just mass produces these things

Last edited:

Shouldn't Thor be a little bit more taller than Loki?

540453_337987769607546_145970452142613_862655_567935479_n.jpg

Edit: Maybe not, Chris is 191 cm and Tom is 188 cm. Watching the movie I got the feeling Thor was much bigger and taller than Loki.

Back