1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki -MOVIE SPOILERS!

Too bad we don't get a headsculpt of that evil grin Loki had for at least half his appearances in the movie.

Odd question perhaps, but when HT claims this and the other Avengers figures are "limited edition", what quantity are they talking about? Do we know how many of each character are being released?

limited to the number of buyers still buying.

forever.

limited to the number of buyers still buying.

forever.

That does seem to be the case where it concerns figures that Sideshow is distributing. For people who are new to the hobby, Sideshow now distributes nearly every Hot Toys figure, but just a few years ago, that wasn't the case at all. Collectors in those days had to go through other small distributors to get whatever they wanted and usually at a pretty large mark-up.

Originally, Sideshow did offer some lines, such as the Marines from Aliens, and the Rocky figures, but otherwise I had to go through either cornerstorecomics or toys2.net to find Hot Toys figures.

Avengers only made $1.46B? I thought it would hit $2B or get damn close.

I'm sure if Disney re-releases the movie like it's been speculated it will defo make two billion worldwide. I hope they do too. I need to see it on the big screen more! :D

Yeah, Loki would have been great with two head sculpts, and swappable hair pieces to make the helmet fit tighter. As it stands it's exceptional and there really isn't much room to complain imo.

I'm sure if Disney re-releases the movie like it's been speculated it will defo make two billion worldwide. I hope they do too. I need to see it on the big screen more! :D

Yeah, Loki would have been great with two head sculpts, and swappable hair pieces to make the helmet fit tighter. As it stands it's exceptional and there really isn't much room to complain imo.

What, it's only made $1.5b? Oh Boo-Frikedy-Hoo! Some people on here - not you Sci-Fri - are bandying this figure about as if is is next to nothing.

It's taken no time at all to be practically kicking in the door of the hugely over rated AVATAR (or "Dances With Someone Else's Film" as I prefer to call it).

Not bad going for a superhero flick.

"Limited Quantity Act Fast! Less than 90 remain!"

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901874

Wow... Think they'll put more up for PO, or is that gonna be it? Either way, I'm so glad I got my order in.

It was sold out once before, they just refilled their order slots :D
there's no reason for them not to do it again

And the figure is still selling well! :yess:

"Limited Quantity Act Fast! Less than 90 remain!"

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901874

Wow... Think they'll put more up for PO, or is that gonna be it? Either way, I'm so glad I got my order in.

I too am glad that I have mine on PO. But they just upped their requirement numbers last time, and I am fairly sure that this is what they will do again this time.

No matter how much we might like it to be otherwise, there is no such thing as exclusivity with HT anymore really - there has not been for a long time now - but I wish that they would just leave it at this second production run. That way they have sold out two complete runs of a single product, and the fans are left still wanting a bit more...which should be a mantra, 'Always leave them wanting more...'

Sadly though, the SSC own description of the piece as "Limited Edition" we know, actually really means "Limited (To The Total Number Of Pieces That We Can Actually Eventually Sell Of This) Edition" And this says one thing very clearly.

HT no longer knows the difference between 'Having a captive audience' and 'Letting the whole world see that you know that you have a captive audience'

Last edited:

People are acting like all of these figures are going to be available for the next twenty years - I seriously doubt that is going to be the case. Even as Hawkeye and I think? Nick Fury are already sold out, people keep saying this.

I think a pertinent thing to keep in mind is "You snooze.... sometimes you lose."

It was sold out once before, they just refilled their order slots :D
there's no reason for them not to do it again

It was sold out once before. I did cancel my Loki, with Hawkeye, and others.

The problem is what others have said in the past. HT does not put a number on very many of their items. The Mark6 (3016) is the only one that comes to mind. Why should they if they get orders for say 100,000 then they make $110,000.

Still with these items I do see them selling out fast and HT adding more. Then given time we will be able to buy them for a lot less. Odin comes to mind.

It was sold out once before. I did cancel my Loki, with Hawkeye, and others.

The problem is what others have said in the past. HT does not put a number on very many of their items. The Mark6 (3016) is the only one that comes to mind. Why should they if they get orders for say 100,000 then they make $110,000.

Still with these items I do see them selling out fast and HT adding more. Then given time we will be able to buy them for a lot less. Odin comes to mind.

No no, my friend. If they sell 100,000 figures at an average price of $200 a pop [lowballing here], then they make $20,000,000.00. Even minus production costs, that is no number to sneeze at.

With that said, I still dont think this figure is going to be for sale for years and years. I could be wrong, but who knows.

No no, my friend. If they sell 100,000 figures at an average price of $200 a pop [lowballing here], then they make $20,000,000.00. Even minus production costs, that is no number to sneeze at.

With that said, I still dont think this figure is going to be for sale for years and years. I could be wrong, but who knows.

I'm not feeling very well. All numbers aside, HT does put out as many as they can sell. There is no xxx/xxxx so they can keep putting them out. I did have one on order at one time and days later it was sold out, then it came back in stock. I have seen this with a number of HT items. I am not going to stop buying them but I am going to only buy what I want NOW.

BTW on my IM Mark6 3,000 there was no numbering anywhere. Who knows they could have put out more and no one knows.

Back