1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's weird. Just as a test, take the head off the neck and remove the peg from the neck, then re-seat the head. If the peg is too long, perhaps you can get a shorter one.

I've done that already, it looks exactly the same. The sculpt just sits on the rim of the neck. The opening at the bottom of the Avengers sculpt is oddly smaller than any other sculpt... the Avengers neck must have been unique to the figure. Standard necks are just too long to work.

I've been looking for other necks since the chances of finding the Avengers neck are slim to none. I never thought it would be such a hassle to use the Avengers sculpt on TDW body.

I've done that already, it looks exactly the same. The sculpt just sits on the rim of the neck. The opening at the bottom of the Avengers sculpt is oddly smaller than any other sculpt... the Avengers neck must have been unique to the figure. Standard necks are just too long to work.

I've been looking for other necks since the chances of finding the Avengers neck are slim to none. I never thought it would be such a hassle to use the Avengers sculpt on TDW body.

That's weird. I made a custom Loki figure for my civilian display and never used any special neck...

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_5661.jpg

What neck did you use on yours? A guy over on the TDW Loki thread did the same thing I'm trying to do, and his looks normal.

I don't know why it won't work for me. Just the other day I got a Falcon neck for my Fury and it worked perfectly. Not sure why Loki is so difficult.

What neck did you use on yours? A guy over on the TDW Loki thread did the same thing I'm trying to do, and his looks normal.

I don't know why it won't work for me. Just the other day I got a Falcon neck for my Fury and it worked perfectly. Not sure why Loki is so difficult.

I'd have to say i think i used a SS Gi Joe neck. That's what it looks like.

And it you like, i can take pics of the parts tomorrow.
Dam necks MIGHT work. I can take some pics of the head on other necks if you like? I have stacks of them.
That'd be great. Whatever you are able or willing to do will help a lot. When I bought the Avengers sculpt and helmet I figured it'd be a simple task. Never thought it'd turn into an ordeal.

That'd be great. Whatever you are able or willing to do will help a lot. When I bought the Avengers sculpt and helmet I figured it'd be a simple task. Never thought it'd turn into an ordeal.

Well i had a look today at work. The closest i can find really is the Marty neck, but the peg is too long. I think the problem here is that i am trying all these necks using the Avengers Loki head but on the Avengers body... there may be some as yet unmentioned difference between the Avengers body and TDW Body/costume that would make any alternate neck choice problematic.

Well i had a look today at work. The closest i can find really is the Marty neck, but the peg is too long. I think the problem here is that i am trying all these necks using the Avengers Loki head but on the Avengers body... there may be some as yet unmentioned difference between the Avengers body and TDW Body/costume that would make any alternate neck choice problematic.

Yeah, the Marty neck fits the sculpt decent enough, but like you said it's far too long. I'll take a few pics of TDW body for you to compare when I get home tonight, in case there is an issue with that.

What I need is a slim neck half the length of Marty's.

Alright, so I've got some pics for comparison.

McFly neck is on the left, TDW Loki on the right. Basically the same length, except TDW is larger in diameter.

20150916_201004.jpg

This shows just how small the neck hole of the Avengers sculpt is, the necks are the same length, but the Avengers sculpt just sits on the rim of the Marty neck.

20150916_194601_HDR.jpg

This is the TDW body, the peg looks to be about even with the rim. Perhaps the Avengers body has a deeper port.

20150916_193914.jpg
20150916_193906_HDR.jpg

Alright, so I've got some pics for comparison.

Yeah, i'd say there's a two-fold problem. The neck hollow under the Avengers head is smaller, and the peg on TDW body is raised up too much. Alone, on an Avengers body, the Marty head would work. But an Avengers head on that Marty neck, placed on TDW body won't work.
The smallest neck i have ever seen(Which *may* just be the ticket here), is the SSM Cap neck. It's really small.
Hot Toys The First Avengers Captain America Star Spangled Man 1 6 Neck Post | eBay

Outstanding collection, awesome job with the casual wear. Repped. :duff

Thanks.
I always regret putting the custom Coulson in a suit for the civvie version.
In later displays, i changed his costume to a proper civilian getup that makes him look cooler.
But i wish i had thought of that before staging the images above.

IMG_5043.jpg

null_zps45e41094.jpg

E4ACDDF9-627D-4999-ADA5-02F99E4D7FFE.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Yeah, i'd say there's a two-fold problem. The neck hollow under the Avengers head is smaller, and the peg on TDW body is raised up too much. Alone, on an Avengers body, the Marty head would work. But an Avengers head on that Marty neck, placed on TDW body won't work.
The smallest neck i have ever seen(Which *may* just be the ticket here), is the SSM Cap neck. It's really small.
Hot Toys The First Avengers Captain America Star Spangled Man 1 6 Neck Post | eBay

That explains the trouble I'm having, the problem lies with the body itself, not the necks. Would you happen to have that SSM neck, to see how the sculpt sits on it?

You're probably right, if any neck will make this work, that's the one. Looks to be nearly half the length of the others.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

That explains the trouble I'm having, the problem lies with the body itself, not the necks. Would you happen to have that SSM neck, to see how the sculpt sits on it?

You're probably right, if any neck will make this work, that's the one. Looks to be nearly half the length of the others.

Yeah. I have that here in my detolf. I will take it with me to work tomorrow and see how the Loki head sits on it.

Here you go.
The little neck(That looks impossibly small), might be just what you need.

B7C02500-9A9F-4724-AB74-22F88AC3F96C.jpg

56E57022-8EEF-4136-BC45-24217CB708FA.jpg

3CF923B8-BC8D-4B2A-B18F-3363BF0F2C53.jpg

Here you go.
The little neck(That looks impossibly small), might be just what you need.

Yeah, I think that might do the trick, looks like the perfect length for TDW body. A shame it's not textured, but not a big deal if it fits.

Thanks for all your help finding a neck, I appreciate it. It's a little hard to compare sizes based on random eBay pics, lol.

Damn shame I jumped the gun and picked up two mcfly heads. I have both Loki-s up and holy with both so will just stay with it. I am having trouble with getting the helmet on avengers Loki. Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think that might do the trick, looks like the perfect length for TDW body. A shame it's not textured, but not a big deal if it fits.

Thanks for all your help finding a neck, I appreciate it. It's a little hard to compare sizes based on random eBay pics, lol.

No worries. I hope this one works out for you finally.

Damn shame I jumped the gun and picked up two mcfly heads. I have both Loki-s up and holy with both so will just stay with it. I am having trouble with getting the helmet on avengers Loki. Any tips?

Back