1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scratched the hair paint removing helmet...think I now will just leave damn thing off.

Exactly my fear! I am fine displaying without.

Monkey Depot was prompt in sending my Loki out. I highly recommend purchasing from them if Sideshow runs out. I am currently awaiting to get some time to open him up!

Last edited:
comb him down hard. he tends to look fluffy straight out of the box. futzing helps, though his shoulders remain wide.

unfortunately i can't take a picture that'll show it, but guys: there is NO back tab on the helmet. you can plainly see there's no tab if you look inside of it before you attempt to open it.

it comes with what looks to be a bit of raggy facing, but no tab. in all honesty, i wouldn't be surprised if the tab was breaking in the factory and part of the delay was that they went in and just removed it. so you can stop freaking out: your loki is not broken.

a bit of hair dryer and it came apart very easily for me.

and now i am putting it back together and back in the box ~ hahahaha.

: D

Sooooooooo.......... how many people have scratched up Loki's face attempting to put on his helmet?

And yes there's no tab. Only tabs on the side. I thought I snapped something when I looked at the manual sheet while holding the helmet in my hand.

I think we can safely say that HT screwed up the helmet design. Dear HT, next time you do a Loki helmet, please make it easier on us.........you're stressing us all out :gah: :rotfl

They didn't, most japanese anime toys are the same way nowdays, they split up in two, three or four pieces to put in the figure, just thank god you are not a saint seiya fan, because I have had nightmare stories from helmets on the character, one Loki's helmet is not chrome based paint, meaning that the paint won't melt to the face of the figure, two, Loki's Helmet is not a flimsy and it actually splits in hafl top and bottom, and it won't move up and down or have a half inch gap from the side to the face.

I can atest also that THERE was a back piece to the helmet, when I first took it off, I felt something brake and saw a holder fall out, it was the back piece, but either way it seems it doesn't need it because it sits perfectly. If you guys are scratching the face, the instructions tell you to pull open the helmet a bit to slide it in and out... :)

They didn't, most japanese anime toys are the same way nowdays, they split up in two, three or four pieces to put in the figure, just thank god you are not a saint seiya fan, because I have had nightmare stories from helmets on the character, one Loki's helmet is not chrome based paint, meaning that the paint won't melt to the face of the figure, two, Loki's Helmet is not a flimsy and it actually splits in hafl top and bottom, and it won't move up and down or have a half inch gap from the side to the face.

I can atest also that THERE was a back piece to the helmet, when I first took it off, I felt something brake and saw a holder fall out, it was the back piece, but either way it seems it doesn't need it because it sits perfectly. If you guys are scratching the face, the instructions tell you to pull open the helmet a bit to slide it in and out... :)

If this helmet split up into 3 or 4 parts I would have kittens :lol. I haven't had a problem yet with face/hair chipping or scratching. I did pull it apart and it seems to give a little so I had no problems there. It's definitely something you can't put on and off a hundred times. That's interesting about your back tab because it seems like everyone else's is just plain missing - funny how most, if not all, of the back tabs are broken off.

Finally got mine today and I must say he outshines all the other Avengers figures on the shelf - they're Old Navy and he's Banana Republic! Really impressive.
Still struggling with the helmet a bit as I can't get both sides clipped in properly - one pops in and the other side pops out. But I'll give it another when its not so late in the evening and prone to mistakes I would regret due to fatigue
However, does anyone else have a pretty loose right ankle?

Hey guys,
Can anyone please tell what date Loki came in stock on Sideshow Collectibles?
Thanks.

You were meant to be ruled!

i3gerWFgTOF1k.png

Hey guys been watching forums for a bit. Just started to collect this past year. I got Loki in today and I'm in love with the figure. I have never had any problems with any of my figures but I noticed that two of the tabs on his helm broke off when I was trying to put it on. Not how I wanted to end the day :(

Back