1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sculpt looks great...but I think I will have to pass on this one...gotta draw the line somewhere! :(

I seriously don't mind the arm joints at all. I thought I would and I hated them in the past but I don't care anymore as long as I don't have to worry about rubber arms ripping. Would be even better if I was able to get a natural pose ... only 1 joint at the arm is horrible (yes, I'm looking at you Hawkeye).

I get people being mad about joints but honestly, if I never ever wanted the articulation to be visible on a figure, I'd just buy statues.

If we couldn't get double elbows on Harley Quinn, Valkyrie doesn't deserve em!
But seriously, I can't see them leaving those. The double joints would have been almost completely hidden on Harley and they went with single joints. This figure will probably end up with either the same elbows as HQ or seamless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

likeness is incredible
but her costume is pretty boring
why do this and never do Sif?
unless she is very important in movie

Looks a little off, zero interest , easy pass

Valkyrie-Marvel-Comics-Brunnhilde-f.jpg

Too much melanin on Asgard for some, is what I'm gathering from several posts on here.:dunno

Yeah. I won't jump the gun and cry racism; the resistance is just as likely purists demanding something faithful to the source material; but I'm fine with fresh interpretations a lot of the time. It works often enough to keep Shakespeare fresh, why not comics...

Yeah. I won't jump the gun and cry racism; the resistance is just as likely purists demanding something faithful to the source material; but I'm fine with fresh interpretations a lot of the time. It works often enough to keep Shakespeare fresh, why not comics...

well I am not a purist,and never even read Thor comics
but I still would have liked to have seen that blond Valkyrie

I hope she makes it to production. I actually like when Hot Toys produces side characters, like Maria Hill. While I wish they would expand into other licenses, if they've already committed to a particular movie, then it's nice to be able to flesh out that world on one's shelf. When it's nothing but main heroes all the time, things get boring. After all: if everyone is a major player, then no one is a major player.

I'm not a purist when it comes to Thor comics, but I have to say the casting choice doesn't excite me on first impression. The mythology of Valkyrie reaches way further than comics. The first nostalgic image that pops into my mind when I hear "Valkyrie" is from one of my favorite video games when I was a kid, Gauntlet. In the game she looked very much as she does in the comic, as she does in basically every image you'll see if you Google "Valkyrie mythology" or just simply "Valkyrie".

I had no problem with the race change for Heimdall. I love every second he was on screen and I'd love a figure. But in situations like Valkyrie, that's when race changes and gender bending feels like "forced diversity".

Back