1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure once HT decided to pull the trigger on this release that they knew this would be a one and done release for Hela (for this movie at least), so they spun the wheel of compromise to develop a single figure that would be most versatile in our collections. This figure feels like a deliberate walk straight down the middle of the road:

- Horns, but no mask to provide the "attacking" posture, but also preserving the Blanchett likeness...
- No loose hair version that would maximize likeness, but include the crushed hammer so you can do the iconic pose (or at least some version of it, if you choose)
- and you could probably list a few more...like the outfit choice for instance.

Oh, well. I'm hopeful that they hear our pleas, but an additional headsculpt is a major endeavor for any figure manufacturer because pretty much EVERYONE on the design team would need to be re-engaged (assuming, of course, that this isn't already in the works). Its just not the same as throwing a few molded weapons into the box just prior to shipping.

As it stands now, I'm afraid I'll have to do a reluctant pass. I really want that loose hair look. Maybe the final compromise will be a separate figure with the black costume and the loose hair...

Yeah. *Cheapness*. E.g. cut corners vs. risk investment of pricey figure that doesn't sell. Wow, I'm frustrated:lol. It's the "Black Panther" effect:cool:. Also CW Bucky. Wait and wait last year for 220-230$ figs. Love them both, great solid well-made figs, fun to work with, but BP got another sculpt (extra) and Bucky got a scratched shield (extra) and the figs just feel more complete on the shelf (for me). Neither came w. the little Antman.

Hela costs a bit more; she's got more stuff. But unless HT surprises us for now I am also reluctantly passing. The silhouette on the shelf would look great, true. But I could print out a dark-tone picture and put it behind my Roadworn Thor and the effect is the same. Also, I was really looking forward to another smoky-eyed female. She spends about 1/2 film without horns. I don't even know yet if the code I got will work on her - will check, but IMO as is this fig needs to be cost less.

Haven't forgotten IW figs are coming $$$$

Well if Hot Toys doesn't come through with an alternate head sculpt then perhaps a bootleg sculpt might appear, especially if she's popular.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that happens...bootleg head with rooted hair seems highly likely if HT doesn't do it.

I'm getting this one. I like the look of it, and for me, an alternate headsculpt wouldn't have a difference.

Loving this! What a striking figure. I'm really bummed we didn't get the helmetless sculpt (would have loved a trio of heads but don't think that was ever realistic) but it's not grounds to pass on this.

I'm sure we can't expect the "secret items" to be an extra sculpt based on this price. I don't think there's anything secret about them either as they're all pictured :lol. It would be nice if there was a surprise extra coming, but no way is it an alternate sculpt. (I actually think that's not the axe she made for Skurge, but the one she made to break a hole in the floor to reach the catacombs. I'm hoping it's that as it's a better fit for the figure)

But like others said, HT listens when there is an overwhelming demand. If people bombard them on FB begging for another sculpt, maybe they would offer a deluxe version?

I would love to see a movie promo EX with her full helmet and unhelmeted sculpt. Probably a long shot but I'm hoping

Well if Hot Toys doesn't come through with an alternate head sculpt then perhaps a bootleg sculpt might appear, especially if she's popular.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that happens...bootleg head with rooted hair seems highly likely if HT doesn't do it.

I can almost bet the house they'll be a bootleg

I imagine there will be third party companies taking the sculpt, removing the helmet and just slapping on rooted hair.

Which is exactly what Hot Toys should have done since they have a bald sculpt in their hands.

I am seriously considering buying this, but without the two largest horns it just feels like something is missing.....
plus:
the cape should be a higher quality material, like green velvet.
I don't think her thighs and legs are so chunky as they are in the figure.
And is this the right shade of green on the body?? I feel like it should be more like a forest green but this is clearly teal.
and of course a second head sculpt would be fantastic.

It's the only Hela figure were ever going to get so I'm keeping my complaints low and gratefulness high.

Never say never. How many Ledger Jokers have they made? It's possible they may do a 2.0 or deluxe version down the line. For me, she's a great looking figure, but not worth $235.

I don't think they'll do another Hela either. Outside of Ledger's Joker, I don't remember them redoing a villian. They've cancelled more villians than they reissued them.

It's the only Hela figure were ever going to get so I'm keeping my complaints low and gratefulness high.

That's pretty much how I feel.

It's far from a perfect figure based on what we've seen so far, but, much like how Hela herself stood out to me in what I thought was otherwise a not so great movie (albeit still an underused character IMO), I won't complain much.

Never say never. How many Ledger Jokers have they made? It's possible they may do a 2.0 or deluxe version down the line.

original.jpg

Never say never. How many Ledger Jokers have they made? It's possible they may do a 2.0 or deluxe version down the line. For me, she's a great looking figure, but not worth $235.

Gawd, I'd be po'd if they came out with a second version after ordering this one. Think I'll wait she's not even shipping for about a year. Even that surprised me - srsly Oct-Dec 2018????

Gawd, I'd be po'd if they came out with a second version after ordering this one. Think I'll wait she's not even shipping for about a year. Even that surprised me - srsly Oct-Dec 2018????

If there was an exclusive, they would alway put it up at the same time. If Hela was a super popular character, then I could see a different version released later (like Ledger Bank Robber Joker, DX Joker, etc.), but that not going to happen for Hela.

If she is indeed in another movie, then we might get another...but that’s it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Hela was a super popular character, then I could see a different version released later (like Ledger Bank Robber Joker, DX Joker, etc.), but that not going to happen for Hela.

If she is indeed in another movie, then we might get another...but that’s it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:exactly:

Then again, I was wrong that they would make her even for this film. So who knows, but my guess is that she's not as popular as Joker to warrant the DX treatment or even another version from this film.

Like you said, if she appears in IW, they'd probably wait and just release another figure of her from there.

Back