1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in order of importance of Thor 3 movie figures for me, we have..

1) Road Worn Thor (already own)
2) Loki - must buy, even more so if he comes with helmet and green attire. (still miffed I came in too late as an more than a super casual collector for the Avengers version)
3) Gladiator Thor
4) Hela - would prefer an alt head sculpt, but I still like this
5) Valkryie - had no interest before seeing the movie... but she was more than a Lady Sif swapout in this movie, and plus, she could kick Loki's butt.. lol
6) Gladiator Hulk - no real interest in him, plus he is expensive compared to the rest... but it would be a shame if I went for the rest to miss him.. I'm sure he won't sell out before the rest are announced.. perhaps..

So, Hela is 'I could swing either way' at this point. Like I said, the alt head would push her towards must buy..

So glad shes coming, they gotta do the unmasked portrait to go with the crushing hand though. :pray:

So relieved that this made the cut. I wish she came with the two largest scythes on her headdress though.

They won't thanks to your fellow collectors who seem 100% okay with the exposed joints. Hot Toys only responds when there is mass outrage. I think I am the only one speaking out on the exposed shoulder and neck joint since the figure was previewed yesterday.

I'm not ok with it. It's not IMO like TWS Falcon where there's enough costume details and layers where my eyes skate over the joint. But from the looks of it I could tweak the way the cape sits. HT can do beautiful rooted hair portraits like Scarlet Witch. IMO there wasn't an excuse to not have another portrait. But looks like the axe is there which I have no use for.

For me as is, I'd be looking at another body, probably a difficult costume change if this is sewn on, and a good custom sculpt. Or I need to wait and use coupons or something to get the cost down.

Not sure why everyone is upset there is no second head, HT arent exactly know for doing that so whats makes you think they’ll start now? This was clearly only ever going to be a fig with horns.

It’s more so about the fact that the alternate heads look so good than being upset that they should be included. I think everyone is just really hoping to have those options.

Also I agree on the hips and thighs being way too large. The weird part is they did it like that purposely as they have plenty of bodies that would fit better already lying around.

Andy Park who is in visual development at Marvel and designed Hela even complained at the lack of a second sculpt. It's a pretty glaring omission.

It'd be awesome if HT could make a swappable faceplate with the full mask and a second loose hair head sculpt as the mystery accessories. Personally, I would have gone with full mask head sculpt right out of the gate instead of the way HT went.

That would be ideal, but unfortunately HT doesn't seem to think that way. My first choice would have been to display it with the full mask, but my guess is they went this route because the full mask would have obscured Blanchett's likeness. But who knows, maybe the bonus will be one or two more looks. Or it could be broken Mjolnir parts.

$235 and no second head sculpt? Really???
Yeah, pass.

The costume is just a black onesie with glued on lines.
Maybe if it was $200 tops... Maybe.

it says there is a bonus accessory yet to be revealed. I wonder what it would be? I would like to believe it would be a second sculpt with hair but I highly doubt it. More likely it will be Mjolnir broken to pieces with just the handle still intact.

I think it’s pretty obvious it’s going to be the axe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure once HT decided to pull the trigger on this release that they knew this would be a one and done release for Hela (for this movie at least), so they spun the wheel of compromise to develop a single figure that would be most versatile in our collections. This figure feels like a deliberate walk straight down the middle of the road:

- Horns, but no mask to provide the "attacking" posture, but also preserving the Blanchett likeness...
- No loose hair version that would maximize likeness, but include the crushed hammer so you can do the iconic pose (or at least some version of it, if you choose)
- and you could probably list a few more...like the outfit choice for instance.

Oh, well. I'm hopeful that they hear our pleas, but an additional headsculpt is a major endeavor for any figure manufacturer because pretty much EVERYONE on the design team would need to be re-engaged (assuming, of course, that this isn't already in the works). Its just not the same as throwing a few molded weapons into the box just prior to shipping.

As it stands now, I'm afraid I'll have to do a reluctant pass. I really want that loose hair look. Maybe the final compromise will be a separate figure with the black costume and the loose hair...

Well if Hot Toys doesn't come through with an alternate head sculpt then perhaps a bootleg sculpt might appear, especially if she's popular.

Back