1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehh, that's highly debatable. I'll give you best moment in the trailer, sure, but in the film? There are plenty of moments where her true power is more on display and Thor was no slouch in tthe climax of the film either. He easily had some vey cool set pieces as well.

The horned look is what defines the character considering that's her "battle" wear. A second sculpt would've made it a great release but it shouldn't be a deal breaker to you guys.

The issue for me is, that this is EASILY the most iconic moment in the film. I'm quite dismayed that Hot Toys chose not to capture it. If I were calling the shots at HT, I'd have started from this place and worked back...

View attachment 376282

All of this obviously carries a measure of subjectivity, of course, and I would not begin to argue with you that there are plenty of dramatic and important moments in the film, but there is no more seminal moment in this movie, or any Thor movie, than Thor, the God of Thunder, watching Mjölnir crumbled like a a toy in front of his face, and presumably (from his standpoint at least) losing it forever. It may not have been as cataclysmic as what went down in the climax, but as a personal moment for Thor? This is it.

Looks great.
I know these are proto pics but if there is one thing I'd like them to fix is the shoulder seams.
Hopefully they will try to use the same seamless body as the Wonder Woman.

All of this obviously carries a measure of subjectivity, of course, and I would not begin to argue with you that there are plenty of dramatic and important moments in the film, but there is no more seminal moment in this movie, or any Thor movie, than Thor, the God of Thunder, watching Mjölnir crumbled like a a toy in front of his face, and presumably (from his standpoint at least) losing it forever. It may not have been as cataclysmic as what went down in the climax, but as a personal moment for Thor? This is it.

The movie didn't seem to dwell on it as much as I expected

Where are all the crybabies now that said this Figure will Never be released?
Yeah Sideshow knows nothing about what Hot Toys is gonna do.
Must have been just dumb luck that the Sideshow Rep said this will be available for pre-order soon. :cuckoo:

Um, nobody was being a "crybaby" that it wasn't going to be released by making a reasonable prognostication based on more than enough sufficient evidence; it wasn't just a random shot in the dark based on nothing. I always stated that I hope HT does this figure but that I thought they weren't going to and provided a sound line of reasoning as to why, and that I hoped I was wrong.

You however, were being a "crybaby" merely because people voiced their opinion that they didn't think HT was going to do this figure and evidently, you still are to this day holding a grudge over it.

I'm glad you got your figure though, and I'm glad HT did end up doing this figure. I'm sure it will make for a pretty striking figure on the shelf.

Looks fantastic. Would be great if they offer a second head with hair, especially for the price, but if not I'll pick one up to have customized. Hope Valkyrie is next.

See I would rather have the hammer breaking hand, since that is such an iconic moment from the film. To each his own. :dunno

True! But if I had her, I'd probably be displaying her with the swords. The hammer hand wouldn't get much use.

Not sure what I was expecting to be honest, but $235 just seems high to me for this figure.

Yeah. For me guess I was expecting more - like a body without the arm seams; alternate head sculpt. The head sculpt especially. But maybe I can use the coupon I got with Roadworn Thor and a few points and feel more comfortable. Still feel like in the end I'll end up shelling out another 50+ for a custom head.:(

Just seems like HT just did what was easy - an all-plastic head. Then you get something like Dr. Strange where someone went all-out with the costume, sculpt, accessories. I guess they figure Hela will sell anyway.:dunno

The movie didn't seem to dwell on it as much as I expected

Agree. There was the one scene with Korg, but for the most part I think things were moving so fast he really had no choice but to move through it all.

But I guess the point I’m trying to make is that if you buy Hela for your collection, what dynamic pose would you choose to represent the movie using your new Ragnarok figures? Given that the smashed hammer is one of the main accessories that is included in the box, I think that scene would be awfully high on anyone’s list...and you can’t really do it right without the hair sculpt. Many collectors are much more likely to pass on Hela because of the lack of the alternate sculpt...so had it been up to me, that would have been the very first no-compromise requirement I would have handed to the design team.

Last edited:
Um, nobody was being a "crybaby" that it wasn't going to be released by making a reasonable prognostication based on more than enough sufficient evidence; it wasn't just a random shot in the dark based on nothing. I always stated that I hope HT does this figure but that I thought they weren't going to and provided a sound line of reasoning as to why, and that I hoped I was wrong.

You however, were being a "crybaby" merely because people voiced their opinion that they didn't think HT was going to do this figure and evidently, you still are to this day holding a grudge over it.

I'm glad you got your figure though, and I'm glad HT did end up doing this figure. I'm sure it will make for a pretty striking figure on the shelf.

My sentiments as well. I dont believe this guy is still crying/******** over that... I guess we all mature at our own pace..

Disappointing that there's no second head with the full mask. Between that and no end of film look for Thor (so far) makes it harder to pull the trigger. Still, it's gorgeous and I'm very tempted.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Where are all the crybabies now that said this Figure will Never be released?
Yeah Sideshow knows nothing about what Hot Toys is gonna do.
Must have been just dumb luck that the Sideshow Rep said this will be available for pre-order soon. :cuckoo:

Lol! I’m glad they released this figure...but if you are still thinking listening to SSCs reps about what HTs is doing is a good thing, more power to ya!

I admit, and am glad to do so cause I want this figure, I was thankfully wrong...about HTs...not about SSCs not knowing what they are talking about. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile. :wave

it says there is a bonus accessory yet to be revealed. I wonder what it would be? I would like to believe it would be a second sculpt with hair but I highly doubt it. More likely it will be Mjolnir broken to pieces with just the handle still intact.

Looks great.
I know these are proto pics but if there is one thing I'd like them to fix is the shoulder seams.
Hopefully they will try to use the same seamless body as the Wonder Woman.

They won't thanks to your fellow collectors who seem 100% okay with the exposed joints. Hot Toys only responds when there is mass outrage. I think I am the only one speaking out on the exposed shoulder and neck joint since the figure was previewed yesterday.

It'd be awesome if HT could make a swappable faceplate with the full mask and a second loose hair head sculpt as the mystery accessories. Personally, I would have gone with full mask head sculpt right out of the gate instead of the way HT went.

Back