1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Hela Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true..but your comparing SW with a Thor villain

If IM, Cap, or someone else dies in IW would that make the figure somehow less collectible? I guess i don't understand the question really. I hope she lives but i still want this no matter what.

I'm not really expecting her to survive.

For me, it will depend on how much I like the character. I certainly love the look of the character. But seeing the movie will be the determining factor.

I'm not really expecting her to survive.

For me, it will depend on how much I like the character. I certainly love the look of the character. But seeing the movie will be the determining factor.

If she is replacing the Marvel Comics version of Death, you really can't kill death. Still exists in some form.

I would love her to be the MCU's personification of Death, I can picture a psychotic one-sided love affair between Thanos and Cate Blanchett.

Hela is not death itself, she is the god of Death, like THor is the god of lightening. Her reign is of the souls of valhalla and not ALL death. Having said that, it is possible that she will be taking the place of Death in IW and A4, if in fact that part of the story line is even used.

Hela is not death itself, she is the god of Death, like THor is the god of lightening. Her reign is of the souls of valhalla and not ALL death. Having said that, it is possible that she will be taking the place of Death in IW and A4, if in fact that part of the story line is even used.

Personally I hope she replaces death for the films. Just for the sake of having an early introduction before IW, and I completely see that happening if they actually follow Thanos having a death obsession. So far they've mixed IF Gauntlet and IF War, they may keep the death aspect out entirely.

Cute Ragnarok emojis on twitter, here's Hela.

ThorRagnarok_Hela.png

Personally I hope she replaces death for the films. Just for the sake of having an early introduction before IW, and I completely see that happening if they actually follow Thanos having a death obsession. So far they've mixed IF Gauntlet and IF War, they may keep the death aspect out entirely.

This. I view the MCU as a separate entry to the comics -- I fully expect to see her as at the very least a motivating factor for Thanos in IW. Really excited to see how this all plays out!

Hot Toys really outdid themselves with Hela and Valkyrie. The likeness is outstanding on both.

https://news.toyark.com/2017/10/05/nycc-2017-hot-toys-star-wars-marvel-sideshow-booth-273784

Oh man did they ever! I'm a big proponent for female figures having sculpted hair -- the Valkyrie figure really brings this home for me. I think that makes this the second MCU HT female hair sculpt after Maria Hill? I really hope we het one for Black Widow and Gamora at some point, I just can't bring myself to buy the doll hair figures and they are seriously missing from my collection... probably why I'm praying for a Nebula figure. I need some sexuall diversity on my shelf!

That likeness is great. Outfit looks good too. Whether I like the character in the film or not, the design is simply too good to ignore IMO.

But given HT's current love for villains, I'm not holding my breath on this going up for PO.

Hela-Thor3-615x346.jpg

9a9c4b1a81f63129cefa27d57013f16c.jpg

I hope this doesn't sound creepy, but I see so many figures with upper body features that are larger than the actual character. As much as collectors comment about inaccuracies, I would hope manufacturers would improve and/or develop new female body options.

Even my wife notices and gives me a hard time about it.

Sorry... I am really blushing even mentioning this, but maybe it can be fixed. :monkey4

View attachment 370264

View attachment 370265

I hope this doesn't sound creepy, but I see so many figures with upper body features that are larger than the actual character. As much as collectors comment about inaccuracies, I would hope manufacturers would improve and/or develop new female body options.

Even my wife notices and gives me a hard time about it.

Sorry... I am really blushing even mentioning this, but maybe it can be fixed. :monkey4

To be fair, her breasts in the movie still have no light on them, the figure does, which makes them pop a little more. The figurine breasts seem fine really.

Yellowjacked for sure.

Crossboned... Cesar Romero Jokered... '66 Batmobiled.

I'm pretty sure Hela will make it, but would not be surprised to get Valkyried. They both look fantastic, but the heads seem a tad too large to me and Hela's cheekbones are too pronounced although it could be the lighting. Hopefully they'll be tweaked in production. I've not been a huge fan of Valkyrie's black outfit and hairstyle. I'd prefer the white one, but will take what I can get.

Last edited:
I don’t see why this wouldn’t get made? The character is played by an Oscar winning actress, someone who’s been around a long time and has name recognition, not some guy that no one had ever heard of before (ie Yellowjacket & Crossbones).

Back