1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been in the same boat as you guys lol

At this point I think I might just wait for the eventual rerelease for ROTJ 40th anniversary in 2023 and hope they make some changes with it.
Fett, 40th anniversary, no head sculpt. It's almost guaranteed this will get a re-issue next year.

I've been in the same boat as you guys lol

At this point I think I might just wait for the eventual rerelease for ROTJ 40th anniversary in 2023 and hope they make some changes with it.
Guess I will wait and see, I feel like $400 plus isn’t worth it for this figure.

I really like this figure but I would not recommend paying what people are asking for it, especially right now.

It's a pretty early Star Wars release and it does have its flaws. The ESB is the better figure point for point out of the box.

I like the Sarlaac stand but mine is in the box at the moment.

I don't see a reason to pick it up unless you love the ROTJ armor. At which point it's probably worth waiting to see what comes out for ROTJ 40th.

The deluxe set with Sarlacc diorama was my first Hot Toys ever, still up to this point could hardly forget how cheap it felt in hand, especially the jet pack for the $250 plastic toy, and almost gave up during the process :rolleyes:

Once I got The Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett, my Return of the Jedi Fett went into storage. This was partly due to lack of space and I just prefer the Empire look over the Jedi.
I did manage to get a spare Empire helmet from Toy Anxiety and hope to switch out the helmets and bring him out of storage. The wider flare just looks so much better.
Same thing with the Death Watch Troopers…their wide helmets look amazing. The proportions look like they could be “man in suit.” Love these figures.
I do feel like many of Hot Toys helmeted figures have heads that are undersized. Iron Man being my biggest disappointment as my Tony Stark figure had a head bigger than Iron Man.

Yup, bought this instantly but then swapped to the ESB and never looked back. Still this one now has a connection to the new series. Unclear if the ESB one will have that.

I still enjoy mine and he looks great with my ROTJ Luke. I have no reason to buy another OT Fett.

Yup, thinking the same thing, easy money for them....and an easy purchase for me lol
Same here. I'd like to have 1 Boba in my tiny collection and this version resonates with me the most. Prices are insane tho right now and if what you folks are saying are true, I may as well wait to.

With the new show leaving me less than impressed, I dug this figure out and snapped some new shots to remind me Fett can still be cool...

20220119_133046~2.jpg

20220119_131554~2.jpg

original_bb329eb8-06b0-4371-89d5-703cdd0c3c34_20220119_135721.jpg

Yes, it's an older figure (with the loosening joints to prove it), but it still displays well. I agree that HT will probably do a reissued version around ROTJ Anniversary time. Still happy enough with this one.

Doing a body swap. Is there a way to remove this cod armor without having to snap it? It seems to be glued together on the sides. Thanks.

Attachments

• B96BD99A-FCE2-436F-9CA1-60C165CE83CC.jpeg
    B96BD99A-FCE2-436F-9CA1-60C165CE83CC.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DF3FEE64-9E04-44D3-8774-C0872369A542.jpeg
    DF3FEE64-9E04-44D3-8774-C0872369A542.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 15
Doing a body swap. Is there a way to remove this cod armor without having to snap it? It seems to be glued together on the sides. Thanks.
I recently did this with both my HT ESB and Vintage Fett. I did not have to snap it. Carefully work it down both sides going back and forth. It is very tight around the hips, but once past that, it slips right off.

Bit the bullet and got it from eBay (OneSixthMart). I’ll need to wait until after Christmas as I don’t want to risk it being lost in transit while we have all these strikes in the UK.

I was content with the Medicom version but I’ve been on a Mandalorian binge. I missed the Hot Toys version of ROTJ Boba Fett when it was first released and while the Medicom version is a fine figure (flaws and all), HT is more refined and just that little bit better with the paint apps 👌

Bit the bullet and got it from eBay (OneSixthMart). I’ll need to wait until after Christmas as I don’t want to risk it being lost in transit while we have all these strikes in the UK.

I was content with the Medicom version but I’ve been on a Mandalorian binge. I missed the Hot Toys version of ROTJ Boba Fett when it was first released and while the Medicom version is a fine figure (flaws and all), HT is more refined and just that little bit better with the paint apps 👌
I experimented with a Medi/Hot Toys custom combo awhile back. If you’re not worried about scale, it looks pretty good. But if you want it to fit in with the rest of your collection, it’ll come up short.
03F7A738-FAEC-497A-A243-AF65F6C90E9D.jpeg
B7006B4C-A17F-4BB5-9497-1C3A3B81910F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back