1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey's Speeder Collectible Vehicle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably due to price, worries about it not selling well (HT TFA figures are oversaturated) and lack of s*****time

I think it will really bite disney in the rear that they didnt make tfa as good as it should have been. It will really hurt the sales in the long and short run. Here's hoping they step it up in the sequels for their sake. As it stands I have zero incentive to buy any figures except maybe bb8. Then again bb8 without anything to go with it is pretty meh.

Oh please. Disney definitely tried making a good film and it's not like it wasn't well received. If anything manufacturers just went overboard on making too many products. Same goes for the films since the prequels.

I think it will really bite disney in the rear that they didnt make tfa as good as it should have been.

They are likely happy with their 2B take. But yes, the toys suffer over the long haul.

I'm just happy HT takes so frickin' long to deliver... otherwise I would likely have much more TFA junk then I would want. Caught up in the opening hype and all.

Oh please. Disney definitely tried making a good film and it's not like it wasn't well received. If anything manufacturers just went overboard on making too many products. Same goes for the films since the prequels.

Yep...doubt Lucasfilm and Disney are losing any sleep over releasing the highest US domestic earner of all time and the third highest worldwide box office gross of all time in spite of the fact that China does not follow Star Wars due to the movies only recently becoming available there...merchandise grosses are at an all time high too so...review aggregator also has it as the third highest in critical acclaim of the eight Star Wars films too...so sign me up for some failure like that.

The plaque means the display model is not for sale

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'd also order this in a heartbeat.

It's actually pretty important. Vehicle of Rey, the most important character in the new trilogy. Plus it looks really cool !!

Theoretically Hot Toys could save on tooling too. All they need to do is make a Luke Landspeeder, then turn it on it's side and there you have Rey's Speeder !

Exactly that would be my plan too. I'd say most people have Rey and a couple of others from TFA. The figure was so cool with so many extras.

Look, Funko get a Rey and Speeder !!! Unfair !!!! :)

499773c3-36de-46df-8e0d-4e30039c7da4_1.2e845249db02e03d4910bd826a64e0dc.jpeg

Exactly that would be my plan too. I'd say most people have Rey and a couple of others from TFA. The figure was so cool with so many extras.

Look, Funko get a Rey and Speeder !!! Unfair !!!! :)

View attachment 340289

Yeah and Black Series is making a Rey with her speeder now too. Im actually curious as to how much it would coast. I feel like it would sell enough with the power SW and TFA has.

Time has definitely passed on this, it's the long game on this now. I wouldn't say it'll never happen but could be a lonnnnng wait.

No one knows but Hot Toys but I would guess the time for this has passed.

I'd also be up for this, however it appears to be like all other Hot Toys Star Wars vehicles or environments (Millennium Falcon anyone ?) they simply don't want to do them. Batman on the other hand has had quite a few.

Who knows perhaps they are waiting for most of the figures to be done before offering collectors stuff to go with them ? That'a a bit of a long shot I know, but unless someone is in the know it's all theory........

I do recall someone saying Hot Toys had bad experiences with 1/6 vehicles years ago. i.e not selling many. However I think that would be more related to Asian sales as they typically don't have the space. Maybe that is also why we never see these pieces......

I don't think star wars sells well enough in China for these vehicles to come about. The last two movies bombed there.

I still really really really really want the HT TIE Interceptor.

Back