1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey (Resistance Outfit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you’re in the US you shouldn’t have to pay any fees, I didn’t. The shipping took about two weeks, and a full week of that was USPS ****ing around so it shouldn’t even take that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone taken any photos of her without the grey vest on, like when she was training/practicing with the lightsaber?

Found her at a local store for $180, debating whether or not to pick her up, space is limited though.

I have one. This is not mine, but my usual painter, Paul Prentice, did this one. He's a fantastic painter and I love Dean's sculpts but this sculpt is...off. I think the facial features are too small.
04b1f1213c86f0fb241ee8e44c090093.jpg

i'm sorry to be mean but it's all because i love Rey. but that just doesn't look like her at all. sorry 🙁

Still crossing my fingers for a trussed up re-issue here for TLJ - poncho, new portrait, light saber (lit and unlit) new bare hands, staff, porg or two....

Really love this figure! Wish she was keeping this outfit in TLJ.

Found a great Ach-To stand-in spot recently at a national park.

3606073ec183ffaf845b5f3be76ee006.jpg

EXCELLENT shot!

No confirmation of a TLJ version yet, but considering she spends a good portion of the movie in it - would be surprised if they didn't do it.

Does anyone have any photos of her without the grey vest, like when she's practicing with the staff and then lightsaber?

Not my picture, but thought it looked cool.
d4e49bc310cb1aed05b6637394d61d75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That’s dope. I need to get her an ignited saber and pose her like the scene where she was training with the boulder.

I actually think this figure without the vest and a lightsaber in hand would better represent her from TLJ more than the official "Jedi Training" figure would. This look (RO sans vest) to me would probably be the equivalent of Luke's Dagobah/Bespin outfit. It'd probably also pair better with TLJ Luke figure if you wanted to go for an Ahch-To training theme, especially if you had both her and TLJ Luke displayed on TFA Luke's Ahch-To diorama base.

I actually think if one wanted an evolution of Rey by sticking to one figure of the character per film, it's kind of shaping out to me that the best lineup would be: TFA (Scavenger Rey with staff) - TLJ (TFA RO Rey sans vest with lightsaber) - then whatever best represents Episode IX.

I actually think this figure without the vest and a lightsaber in hand would better represent her from TLJ more than the official "Jedi Training" figure would. This look (RO sans vest) to me would probably be the equivalent of Luke's Dagobah/Bespin outfit. It'd probably also pair better with TLJ Luke figure if you wanted to go for an Ahch-To training theme, especially if you had both her and TLJ Luke displayed on TFA Luke's Ahch-To diorama base.

I actually think if one wanted an evolution of Rey by sticking to one figure of the character per film, it's kind of shaping out to me that the best lineup would be: TFA (Scavenger Rey with staff) - TLJ (TFA RO Rey sans vest with lightsaber) - then whatever best represents Episode IX.

I totally agree. Additionally, I think short pants suits Rey more than full trousers as in Jedi Training outfit.

:goodpost:

Totally agree. I bought the Resistance Rey when it was announced just because I really liked the outfit, but had then been sort of regretting it until I saw VIII. I thought it was going to be a Yavin Luke situation, but glad I was wrong. I like this outfit a lot more than the new one, and I agree with everything you said. Definitely going to display mine with TLJ Luke when he comes out!

I can’t believe popcultcha still has these in stock for less than retail considering what they’re going for second hand.

The Resistance clothing set from Ebay is a pretty cool option if you have the first Rey and just want a new look. Got mine for 30$.

20180129_073504.jpg

Those the official clothes or knock off? They look good.

If you're refering to my pic, it's the KO set.

A few loose threads on the arm pieces and slightly larger pants, but the rest is top.

Yeah I'm really kicking myself now, after paying $90 for the outfit on TA when they first put it up. :slap

Problem is now I want to display her TFA look as well (instead of having to switch back and forth), but for the cost of another head, body, and boots I might as well have just bought the actual Resistance figure. Lol

Back