1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey (Resistance Outfit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one. This is not mine, but my usual painter, Paul Prentice, did this one. He's a fantastic painter and I love Dean's sculpts but this sculpt is...off. I think the facial features are too small.
04b1f1213c86f0fb241ee8e44c090093.jpg

Hmm. Yeah, at a glance it seems like the mouth is too small. Hard to put my finger on it, but you're right - something is off. Definitely a good attempt though.

Just received this from Popcultcha!!

Under $200 shipped from Australia to the United States!

Sweet deal!

Oh wow, I’m so glad I saw this. I was about to resign myself to buying used on eBay for $270+. I’ve been hunting for her for the last month and I would always be a hair too late on getting a good deal. Brand new $190 shipped to the US, what is this madness? Put my order in, sorry credit card.

After TLJ I'm so happy I picked this up. I like her new outfit, but it's just too similar to the TFA one for me to get it when I already have the TFA figure. I can't wait to get TLJ Exile Luke to pose with this Rey.

I am still going back and forth on this one. I prioritized Jyn and K2 since we'll probably never get figures of them again. But this would be the next one I'd go for. That being said, since a TLJ version is PROBABLY coming at some point, I can be patient.

I mean... that would make sense to me, too. But I also find HT's schedule erratic and strange. I think some of it is based upon likeness approvals, which can vary a great deal. But some of it, like with Rey, is just perplexing. The main reason, to me, for possibly waiting on a TLJ Rey is, besides the optional look with the poncho, is that I'd kind of hope for a new, third head sculpt to further differentiate it from the first resistance version.

It really is (HT's schedule). They still have yet to announce JL Superman and Cyborg. I attribute at least the latter to them still having to fashion an actual sculpt for it. For a big character like Superman though and it's been nearly two months now since the film, it's odd it hasn't gone up for PO yet.

I mean... that would make sense to me, too. But I also find HT's schedule erratic and strange. I think some of it is based upon likeness approvals, which can vary a great deal. But some of it, like with Rey, is just perplexing. The main reason, to me, for possibly waiting on a TLJ Rey is, besides the optional look with the poncho, is that I'd kind of hope for a new, third head sculpt to further differentiate it from the first resistance version.

That is my hope as well- I'd settle for having both - the one that was included with the previous "resistance" version and a new, more intense, stern expresion for the new one.

It may seem like we should have heard by now but- this is Rey - the lead of this new trilogy. I find it hard to believe that HT won't present htis (or the "force projection" version of Luke) at some point.

Last edited:
It may seem like we should have head by now but- this is Rey - the lead of this new trilogy. I find it hard to believe that HT won't present htis (or the "force projection" version of Luke) at some point.
Yeah I mean we didn’t know about Han and Chewie until June so I don’t think we can rule out anything from TLJ until at least then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one. This is not mine, but my usual painter, Paul Prentice, did this one. He's a fantastic painter and I love Dean's sculpts but this sculpt is...off. I think the facial features are too small.
04b1f1213c86f0fb241ee8e44c090093.jpg

I wonder how this would look with the head gear on. Might resolve some of the issues of the facial features seeming a bit too close together. If HT ever released the speeder bike this could make for a good riding expression.

Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-Rey-Speeder.jpg

I've recently picked this one up, but I'm a tad disappointed that it didn't include a lit-up sabre piece. I've got the Bespin Luke DX set, but i've got Luke displayed with that lightsabre. Any ideas where I can pick up a lightsabre blade? I've checked ebay and a couple of the usual loose part sites (Urban Samurai, Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety) but to no avail.

Wouldn’t you need an LED arm first? I don’t think this figure is LED arm compatible. You’d probably just need to get a cathode saber if you want to have her wielding a literally lit saber.

Just received this from Popcultcha!!

Under $200 shipped from Australia to the United States!

Sweet deal!

I have also wanted to buy from them but was a little afraid cause they are not US seller. Did you have to pay any import fees and how long did shipping take?

I've recently picked this one up, but I'm a tad disappointed that it didn't include a lit-up sabre piece. I've got the Bespin Luke DX set, but i've got Luke displayed with that lightsabre. Any ideas where I can pick up a lightsabre blade? I've checked ebay and a couple of the usual loose part sites (Urban Samurai, Monkey Depot, Toy Anxiety) but to no avail.

There are a couple on ebay too if you look for the lightsabre which came with Finn. (i used : Finn Light Sabre Hot Toys in search area) Still $30 though

I have also wanted to buy from them but was a little afraid cause they are not US seller. Did you have to pay any import fees and how long did shipping take?

If you’re in the US you shouldn’t have to pay any fees, I didn’t. The shipping took about two weeks, and a full week of that was USPS ****ing around so it shouldn’t even take that long.

Back