1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey (Resistance Outfit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It most definitely is the same sculpt. But this one has more presence, I can't put my finger on it but it looks a lot better to me than the scavenger Rey and i have both

I think it actually has to do with the beck being covered up by the jacket. I always thought the head and neck on the scavenger looked off, but i think this version looks better. Though, i do think the clothes look off, they look very bland and boring but i cant put my finger on it, does anyone get that feeling too? Maybe it looks better in hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't the irises painted a bit smaller on this head as well? Thought I noticed that before, and it would definitely be something that would improve the likeness since the regular version had them painted too big.

I think it actually has to do with the beck being covered up by the jacket. I always thought the head and neck on the scavenger looked off, but i think this version looks better. Though, i do think the clothes look off, they look very bland and boring but i cant put my finger on it, does anyone get that feeling too? Maybe it looks better in hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it looks off has some really nice detail and form fits her very very well. Although i am sure they didn't capture all the detail they could have. The pants are impressive in their Own right. To me they look like shrunken down Rey pants. Lol. But I believe you are right about the neck on the original Rey, i have always thought that myself, hence why i have chose the full scavenger garb on mine to hide the thing that feels off to me.

Aren't the irises painted a bit smaller on this head as well? Thought I noticed that before, and it would definitely be something that would improve the likeness since the regular version had them painted too big.

I know it is the same sculpt and the paint seems the same as well. But to me and this is just me in person the resistance seems to have a better likeness to daisy then my scavenger one, it could be just the subtle thing like th iris but i do not know.

Cool. Toy Anxiety just parted a couple of these out on their site so I was able to get a set. As much as I love the outfit I wasn't really keen on spending another $230 for a whole other figure.

You guys got me to purchase the head sculpt from TA to check out if it really was any different. Also picked up a pair of relaxed hands for Rey since the original only came with one.

I love that outfit!

But I have a feeling they'll get a nicer sculpt down for next year's obligatory Ep VIII Rey. A softer expression with a better likeness of Daisy. Here I get a strange Ellen Ripley vibe...

I'm pretty certain they're the exact same sculpt. I think it's possible many people may be looking more into it than what is actually there, being that they're two different figures, so we want to think there's perhaps something different about the sculpt also.

I'm still not sure if it's confirmed, but there are two versions of the Rey sculpt going around, yes? The sculpt that the regular figure had for its initial release in HK that had the lack of any teeth detail with just the white strip and the batches that got shipped to SSC that had the detail in the teeth. Pretty sure this ROV Rey figure simply possesses the "revised sculpt" of the regular Rey figure with the teeth detail. Nothing different.

My regular Rey figure that came with the Rey & BB-8 pack has teeth detail, but not quite as discernible as the teeth detail that came on the solo version of my regular Rey figure. However, I don't believe that is something that is pervasive; both are revised versions of the sculpt with teeth detail, just one happens to be a bit more discernible than the other.

One too many Reys in general, or one too many ROV Reys? :lol

Believe it or not I ordered TWO from BBTS on PO- they were hot and sold out.
Yeah right...

So now I want something else(shocking) so need the cash so I'm selling one....
same old story-different figure:rotfl

Got my shipping notice from BBTS today but I'm guessing it probably won't be here until late next week as it probably won't move much until next Tuesday. Excited to get her though. I have a Finn on order from Sideshow too and have to find a BB-8 now. I'd rather not get the Sphero version and wish that Hot Toys would have made one as a single figure (I know I could buy it separately most likely on eBay but I'd like to have the packaging).

Anyone see the badges for Celebration VIII? Seems to be our first looks at some of the VIII costumes.

Rey's is the same basically, minus the lower part of her arm wraps.. I'll have to check my figure, but I'm pretty sure they don't come off lol. But she's wearing her bracelet from her Jakku outfit. Hair might be a bit diff too, can't tell from the art.

Either way, I'm happy with Resistance Rey and I'll probably just pick up any differences from Toy Anxiety or something when the Ep 8 one inevitably comes out.

Anyone see the badges for Celebration VIII? Seems to be our first looks at some of the VIII costumes.

Rey's is the same basically, minus the lower part of her arm wraps.. I'll have to check my figure, but I'm pretty sure they don't come off lol. But she's wearing her bracelet from her Jakku outfit. Hair might be a bit diff too, can't tell from the art.

Either way, I'm happy with Resistance Rey and I'll probably just pick up any differences from Toy Anxiety or something when the Ep 8 one inevitably comes out.

I don't know, looks to me like just their Ep VII outfits. We already know Luke will be wearing something very different, and Rey is going to drop the vest and have her hair down.

Back