1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this figure just isn't working for me at all. Maybe with a new custom sculpt and a whole lot of mods (and weathering of the outfit) it might work, but out of the box it looks very underwhelming.

Which is a shame, considering how absolutely badass Luke looked at the end of this movie.

Despite its flaws, I still like it. It's by no means an eyesore or terrible looking out of the box, but it's just lacking a list of things to really put it over the top as being a great figure in the way TFA Solo is.

Despite its flaws, I still like it. It's by no means an eyesore or terrible looking out of the box, but it's just lacking a list of things to really put it over the top as being a great figure in the way TFA Solo is.

Agreed. But then he was only in it for 5 minutes.

Pretty much point-for-point with my review too Ray (and i gave it 37 out of 50 , so about a 6.5-7). I give the sculpt a liitle more credit maybe - I still think it's quite close; the cheecks are too sallow, the jaw too square but I think Luke's there (but no, not amazing).The feet are definitely a little clownish. A smaller wrist peg fixes the legth and the perception that the hands are too big. I didn't pick up on the tunic, but you're right. Now that the wrist pegs are fixed, the hood bothers me the most. I put some temp stickem on his head to hold it down for shots, but it's not a fix really.

Simple truths about the flaws of this figure but I'm happy to own him... he's far from perfect. Actually I'd give it a 6/10 at best.

1) his portrait is not amazing. Too bad as hans was
2) there is not enough gray in his beard
3) his feet are huge... awful they look like old sideshow feet
4) the wrist leg makes his arm way long. Fixed by swapping to a small one
5) his fat suit situation is all wrong. He's both too skinny and too fat... it's basically just not his build
6) his tunic situation is wrong. Basically it's not just too small it can't wrap across his chest unless he's not padded and then he looks too skinny. And to alter it you need to cut the stitching in the front.
7) his neck is way way too long
8) his rubble base is just stupid. There's no room for his feet with the rocks
9) he can't hold his hood. Which is the only thing he's supposed to be able to do.
10) he does not come with a lightsaber hilt. Even if he did not grab it in the film it's integral to the scene.
11) his hood sucks so bad. That inner fabric lip is massive and it won't allow the hood to sit on his head and then there is this nasty stupid seam through the middle.

Last edited:
Armored figures often have skinnier bodies and then foam padding for the armor to stay tight. And he's an older fatter man in TFA, all around, not just in the torso, so I'd guess that every part is thicker to begin with.

Here's the TFA body--you can see the thicker legs and forearms compared to the farmboy one below. Hard to find the stormie Luke body without the suit on.

7942e31c7d35a43ff5f0e7f8b48c61ca.png

bbb1d2b89876e424ee9f5107603f5f83.jpg

Thanks for that - think I'll skip fat arms Luke. The stormtrooper Luke body is the best Luke body bar none.

This figure works for me if you hide its flaws. I don't think it's a versatile action figure at all but I'm happy to have it. The hood up pose doesn't seem that hard to achieve but maybe I'm easier to please.

DSC_0471.jpg

I wasn't negating any of Raymond's points. I was negating yours comparing accessories for a figure who is in 2/3 of the movie to one who was in it for five minutes. :lol

The TFA Solo figure's positives (fantastic sculpt, good tailoring, etc) have utterly nothing to do with the length of time the character was in the film though; nor do Luke's shortcomings. :lol

Unless you got confounded by me saying Luke is "lacking a list of things" as meaning accessories? I was referring to Raymond's list of aspects that this figure is lacking in/shortcomings that hinder it from being a great figure.

This figure works for me if you hide its flaws.View attachment 366479

My sentiments as well. Not all of them, but you can indeed hide some of the more major ones.

Dammit I already know that I am going to buy this, put it on a shelf next to Han, and probably be sort of unhappy with it. But I'm doing it anyway because right now I am unhappy with Han on a shelf by himself :lol

I really love this figure, i think the likeness is pretty great and you took a great pic of him too. The long arm isn't bothering me because its hidden behind the cloak and the hooded pose wasn't that hard at all.

But whatever. People love to complain :lol

This figure works for me if you hide its flaws. I don't think it's a versatile action figure at all but I'm happy to have it. The hood up pose doesn't seem that hard to achieve but maybe I'm easier to please.

View attachment 366479

While I appreciate this figure, the inevitable black robed one is where my sights are set. Jedi Rey and Master Luke - that's a detolf cube I want.

Looks awesome. In case you missed it. Switch the hand peg with the Obi wan or similar and use a different left hand. It make s world of difference.
The old man left hand from TFA Han works awesome.

Back