1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though this Luke always seems to look like he's at a Health Spa Retreat to me (maybe the wet hair, new age bathrobe and ugg boots?,) I just love seeing old Han and Luke together.

Here is a quick shot of mine.

IMG_3473_zpssnk5jb66.jpg

This pose is brilliant, good way to hide the huge hand and ugly joint, I think I'll be copying this pose ;D

This pose is brilliant, good way to hide the huge hand and ugly joint, I think I'll be copying this pose ;D

Thanks. I also swapped out the left hand with one of my Bespin Luke's hands which are much smaller. It looks a lot better.

This sculpt seems to be one that looks better with more light on it. I have to figure out some way to get some more lights in my detolf.

03338d401d2b4086edc109b788b06f55.jpg

afb24681ffd15ef08eb6ce1c9782534d.jpg

Here is a quick shot of mine.

IMG_3473_zpssnk5jb66.jpg

I am totally stealing that pose.

I still can't help but wish that the outfit colouring was more accurate, and that they gave him some accessories, even if they weren't strictly accurate to his brief appearance so far. Hell, even just a the lightsaber that Rey hands him, and a legacy RotJ lightsaber, and a few more hand options would have been enough.

I went through several poses before I settled on that one. Once I got to the that one I thought, "yep, that's the one". It looks good hood up or down.

Made a tiny addition, two joined staples bent make a good lightsaber clip.
e0c5513510093c639c3d7518c11ea992.jpg
750c444623cba3dfa4d3ac7fb9d7a54a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

they look great Ian. I cant get into these newer figures money wise is to much specially with the OT stuff and custom stuff.

Thanks, Ed! Yeah it's hard to delve too far outside the OT. Had to draw the line and not do any Rogue One figures despite some cool looking figures there.

I'm liking this Luke figure quite a bit. Not perfect by any stretch--arms too long, belt seems cheap as hell. Moved the tabards inward after the first photos (outdoor) to make him a little less barrel-chested.

Likeness isn't perfect, but it's much better than old Ben. Putting them side by side it seems night and day and I can't even tell who old Ben looks like exactly.

DSC_0314.jpg
DSC_0333.jpg
DSC_0360.jpg
DSC_0362.jpg

Last edited:
This sculpt seems to be one that looks better with more light on it. I have to figure out some way to get some more lights in my detolf.

That is a positive.

I remember with ANH Luke and Han where the consensus was to turn off all the lights in your house and then light a small candle in the corner of the room whereupon squinting in the half-light "really brings out the likeness."

I want an Old Luke but I like the early shots of TLJ outfit. Maybe HT will fix the proportions on the next release.

Likeness isn't perfect, but it's much better than old Ben. Putting them side by side it seems night and day and I can't even tell who old Ben looks like exactly.

View attachment 364761

"Can someone tell me who this elderly Asian gentleman standing next to me is?":lol

Awesome pics, Ton!:clap

The paint on Luke's face looks so lifelike in that final pic.

I love the look of this figure, I prefer the darker clothing TLJ version for the toy mainly because it'll be a nice contrast to the ROTJ Luke coming, but as an overall figure I really dig this.

Writing a review on Old Luke right now for Exclucollective.com. Started doing some photos and despite the huge mitts and the somewhat sub-par quality of the robe, I'm starting to really like a figure I thought I'd just put on the shelf and forget. Lighting is kind of key to this sculpt.
5fc65dab68deeb07a36ff276e871aff2.jpg

I have this ordered but I have waffled about whether or not to keep it a few times. I like the sculpt well enough but the proportions appear a bit wonky and he looks too clean to be a hermit on an island with rugged terrain. In the end I feel obligated to buy it as an accessory to Han and Rey, despite the fact that I know I will be picking up the dark costume from TLJ :gah:

I remember with ANH Luke and Han where the consensus was to turn off all the lights in your house and then light a small candle in the corner of the room whereupon squinting in the half-light "really brings out the likeness."

:rotfl

I want an Old Luke but I like the early shots of TLJ outfit. Maybe HT will fix the proportions on the next release.

I love the look of this figure, I prefer the darker clothing TLJ version for the toy mainly because it'll be a nice contrast to the ROTJ Luke coming, but as an overall figure I really dig this.

Yeah, I'll have to decide later on which old Luke figure I want. My hope is I only need 1 young Luke and 1 old Luke, but that's easier said than done with the OT Lukes.

"Can someone tell me who this elderly Asian gentleman standing next to me is?":lol

Awesome pics, Ton!:clap

The paint on Luke's face looks so lifelike in that final pic.

:duff The skin tone is a huge improvement compared with Ben too. I think TFA Luke lost a little bit of the fullness in the face that the prototype had, we all know the real Hamill was all sorts of sloppy looking at the end of TFA and even the prototype probably looked a bit too refined. I have him next to old Han and it highlights how great that sculpt is.

Writing a review on Old Luke right now for Exclucollective.com. Started doing some photos and despite the huge mitts and the somewhat sub-par quality of the robe, I'm starting to really like a figure I thought I'd just put on the shelf and forget. Lighting is kind of key to this sculpt.

Nice shot, Comatoast! :clap

Thanks, Ed! Yeah it's hard to delve too far outside the OT. Had to draw the line and not do any Rogue One figures despite some cool looking figures there.

I'm liking this Luke figure quite a bit. Not perfect by any stretch--arms too long, belt seems cheap as hell. Moved the tabards inward after the first photos (outdoor) to make him a little less barrel-chested.

View attachment 364767
View attachment 364758
View attachment 364761
View attachment 364762

Great pics! :clap

Excellent futzing job with the cloak as well.

View attachment 364767
View attachment 364758
View attachment 364761
View attachment 364762

Donald Sutherland

Back