1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize this had already sold out at BBTS. I wonder if it's safe to wait on pre-ordering from Sideshow or if I should lock in my order. I've got a $50 coupon code that I want to use but wasn't sure if I wanted to put it towards this or something else.

It's always an annoying crap shoot when ordering from Sideshow. Potentially miss out on an item, or deal with higher prices (sometimes marginally higher, but ten bucks is still ten bucks), NRDs, ridiculous shipping charges. I know they are playing fast and loose with the coupons and discount codes lately, but only when they are of the $25 or better variety am I even tempted these days.

It's also a frustrating calculation to add up your reward points and know that you're flushing a significant portion of them down the drain with the issues above to the point at which it feels like you're most likely just braking even or maybe doing a bit worse than that for all your loyalty.

Flat rate shipping and about $10 off per figure (and reward points too!) have me hanging around Alterego and BBTS a LOT more often than I used to. I wish Sideshow would table the discount code sideshow (pun intended) and just commit to lower prices and reasonable shipping fees.

But maybe that's just me...

It's always an annoying crap shoot when ordering from Sideshow. Potentially miss out on an item, or deal with higher prices (sometimes marginally higher, but ten bucks is still ten bucks), NRDs, ridiculous shipping charges. I know they are playing fast and loose with the coupons and discount codes lately, but only when they are of the $25 or better variety am I even tempted these days.

It's also a frustrating calculation to add up your reward points and know that you're flushing a significant portion of them down the drain with the issues above to the point at which it feels like you're most likely just braking even or maybe doing a bit worse than that for all your loyalty.

Flat rate shipping and about $10 off per figure (and reward points too!) have me hanging around Alterego and BBTS a LOT more often than I used to. I wish Sideshow would table the discount code sideshow (pun intended) and just commit to lower prices and reasonable shipping fees.

But maybe that's just me...

I totally agree with you. I decided to not order the TFA Finn in Stormtrooper disguise because I was certain "I'd get it for less down the road". Well that didn't work out too good for me, lol. In regards to this figure, I still think this will encompass both films. When was this thing due out anyway? I think it will be released as close as possible to the Last Jedi and come with extras from that film.

I know the answer to this is potentially a spoiler to some people, but does anybody know if Luke will have short hair in TLJ? Because I really like his look in TFA and would get this figure, but it'd be pretty annoying if in less than a year there's a new figure with the same look but with a lot more accessories. If he has new wardrobe and different hairdo I won´t mind having both. But I find suspicious the whole, diorama preorder bonus so people buy before we see TLJ Luke and simply decide to wait for that figure.

I know the answer to this is potentially a spoiler to some people, but does anybody know if Luke will have short hair in TLJ? Because I really like his look in TFA and would get this figure, but it'd be pretty annoying if in less than a year there's a new figure with the same look but with a lot more accessories. If he has new wardrobe and different hairdo I won´t mind having both. But I find suspicious the whole, diorama preorder bonus so people buy before we see TLJ Luke and simply decide to wait for that figure.

I try to avoid spoilers but i recall someone earlier in the thread mentioning he will have different clothing in the new movie. Not sure for sure though.

I try to avoid spoilers but i recall someone earlier in the thread mentioning he will have different clothing in the new movie. Not sure for sure though.
The Vanity Fair pictures and the image shown at the Celebration panel shows his hair still long, maybe longer in TLJ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've noticed that the release date was changed from JULY to AUGUST of 2017.
I was really hoping to get that 2 week notice email from Sideshow in a couple of weeks.
Hopefully, this new release date will stand.

Budget Stark estimated release day in Hong Kong. Prefer this Luke outfit in TLJ than the all brown get up shown in the behind the scenes reel.
8a5f547882d52279ea8e21d09eb876ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nothing official but i would expect Luke to turn up in Hong-Kong any day now. Beside Ripley from Alien and Marvel's Iron Man Hulkbuster, Luke is their oldest PO.

Budget Stark estimated release day in Hong Kong. Prefer this Luke outfit in TLJ than the all brown get up shown in the behind the scenes reel.

Funnily enough the behind the scenes look made me want to hold off on this

His body seems weird compared to prototype photos. Like he has an hourglass figure. Bad futzing?

This fig always reminds me of Hot Toys Kevin Flynn after a few months of being homeless, but looking forward seeing this one FINALLY in-hand. It's been way too long.

Back