1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a chance to open mine up today. Besides the metallic looking hair that they use, i think he is great. Looks great posed taking his hood off.

Got a chance to open mine up today. Besides the metallic looking hair that they use, i think he is great. Looks great posed taking his hood off.

Agreed. Hide the hair and swap out the pimp slapping hand for a different one, and he looks pretty nice.

Man, I freakin love that new shot of Hamill. I wasn't totally sure about the new outfit at first, but seeing it here I think it could grow on me quite a bit.

And also interesting that he's got a similar kind of asymmetrical, beaten up cape as Kylo in TFA.
I definitely am fighting back the idea of having a Luke in this dark getup posed in combat side by side with the new Jedi Rey. At least in my head it sounds like one heck of a badass detolf cube.

Just got him so these are some straight outa the box with minimal futzing pics.

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2610.JPG

Very nice. Mine should be here Thursday. I can't wait to find "the pose" for him.

Man, still a huge shame they made Rey so tiny. Makes it really hard to pose her next to anyone you'd want to, whether it be Han or Luke or Kylo.

Have we seen a pic of TFA Han, Luke, and Rey all lined up to compare height? If anyone could do that I would appreciate it!

To me, there's really no need to get it if you don't have ROV Rey and don't plan on recreating the final scene (which was my plan all along and is why I got this). Some I'm certain will disagree, but I personally don't see any other reason to have this figure outside of that. To me, it's a case where ROV Rey can stand on her own without this, but this to me doesn't stand too well on its own without ROV Rey to complement him.

I've seen you say this a couple times, and I cannot agree. I would agree if you were just saying this about Resistance Rey as that outfit would be pretty useless to me outside of recreating that scene.

But Luke in TFA is bigger than just that final scene. The whole movie is about the new Rebel Alliance searching for him and ultimately finding him and not necessarily just about Rey giving him the saber. There will be other ST versions of Luke that may be more interesting to own, but I would guess that the same could be said for every single TFA figure outside Han and maybe Scavenger Rey.

Agreed Ton. I have no plans of purchasing Rey but am looking forward to luke arriving tomorrow.

I think the previewed Luke costume is much cooler but this along with TFA Han make a great bookend to the OT. I wonder if they will make General Leia, I struggle with whether or not I would want that one...

I've seen you say this a couple times, and I cannot agree. I would agree if you were just saying this about Resistance Rey as that outfit would be pretty useless to me outside of recreating that scene.

But Luke in TFA is bigger than just that final scene. The whole movie is about the new Rebel Alliance searching for him and ultimately finding him and not necessarily just about Rey giving him the saber. There will be other ST versions of Luke that may be more interesting to own, but I would guess that the same could be said for every single TFA figure outside Han and maybe Scavenger Rey.

Yeah that's true, I can see your point.

Some people got the ROV Rey because they think it'll also be her look for parts of TLJ as well, at least in the beginning. So it would kind of serve both films. However, I suppose the same could be said for Luke with this outfit.

I suppose you could indeed make the case that Luke would stand better on his own without ROV Rey than vice versa, because he's obviously more of an iconic SW character than what Rey is and this figure would be essential if you were going for an evolution of Luke display.

Looks my Luke will be here today instead of tomorrow like it originally said. Sweet!!!

As someone who's thinking about getting Resistance Rey simply because I love Rey, I'm the opposite of this. I'm not impressed with this figure of Luke, but even if I were, I don't think I would get it. I'm not much of a Luke fan. I am, however, a big Rey fan. My primary focus of collecting with SW is actually Rey and Kylo (followed by some Poe, Finn, and BB-8, with a little bit of Han & Leia).

Any figure of Rey to me can stand as alone as a figure of Luke.

Back