1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine today, and damn is that relaxed left hand huge. :lol

As is the norm with most figures, he does look better in hand than I was expecting based on pictures. It has its inaccuracies, but eh, I mean it's a pretty straight forward figure being that he had a 30 second part in the film. I put mine in a pose where he's taking off his hood. To me, there's really not much else you can do with it being that's pretty much all he did. Looks good in that pose.

To me, there's really no need to get it if you don't have ROV Rey and don't plan on recreating the final scene (which was my plan all along and is why I got this). Some I'm certain will disagree, but I personally don't see any other reason to have this figure outside of that. To me, it's a case where ROV Rey can stand on her own without this, but this to me doesn't stand too well on its own without ROV Rey to complement him.

image.jpg

In any event, my TFA collection/display is finally complete:

image.jpg

image.jpg

As is the norm with most figures, he does look better in hand than I was expecting based on pictures. It has its inaccuracies, but eh, I mean it's a pretty straight forward figure being that he had a 30 second part in the film. I put mine in a pose where he's taking off his hood. To me, there's really not much else you can do with it being that's pretty much all he did. Looks good in that pose.

To me, there's really no need to get it if you don't have ROV Rey and don't plan on recreating the final scene (which was my plan all along and is why I got this). Some I'm certain will disagree, but I personally don't see any other reason to have this figure outside of that. To me, it's a case where ROV Rey can stand on her own without this, but this to me doesn't stand too well on its own without ROV Rey to complement him.

View attachment 362975

View attachment 362976

View attachment 362977

Nice collection but why clutter them up?

Shortened the neck and modded the fat suit. Hair and beard definitely need to be repainted. Overall though pretty happy with this guy. :)

Futzing the robes took me back to when I modded and futzed my SS Ben Kenobi all those years ago. :lol Material is almost the same.

36141752553_f5acef18b9_b.jpg
36810427291_d45d15bcf7_b.jpg

Uh. Sure. I can try.

The fat suit was cut so all that was left is the front and the "underwear". This allowed the robes to overlap. The neck adaptor was removed and the smaller piece inside the adaptor was inserted a little deeper in the sculpt....if that makes sense. :/

That's basically it. Took me a while to achieve this because I started by cutting away at that fat suit little by little. But in the end, the front of the torso is all that needs to be padded.

And the waist as well. So the pants would stay on properly. Help that all makes sense.

View attachment 362975

View attachment 362976

View attachment 362977

Now onto TLJ? :D

I'm so eager for them..

Uh. Sure. I can try.

The fat suit was cut so all that was left is the front and the "underwear". This allowed the robes to overlap. The neck adaptor was removed and the smaller piece inside the adaptor was inserted a little deeper in the sculpt....if that makes sense. :/

That's basically it. Took me a while to achieve this because I started by cutting away at that fat suit little by little. But in the end, the front of the torso is all that needs to be padded.

And the waist as well. So the pants would stay on properly. Help that all makes sense.

Yeah, and then you'll hand yours off to Nathan and post final pics that will leave us all crying on the floor! :slap:rotfl

Really like the hood reveal look, just wish the sleeve was long enough to cover that wrist peg. It's distracting and unsightly!

Are the hands the exact same ones that came with Ob Wan? They look bigger but slightly different.

Now onto TLJ? :D

I'm so eager for them..

Nope. :lol

Only possible two would be a Rey and/or Luke, but more likely not. Will likely pass entirely on TLJ.

Really like the hood reveal look, just wish the sleeve was long enough to cover that wrist peg. It's distracting and unsightly!

My sentiments as well. It's a bit distracting, but not much you can do about it if you want it in the taking-off-hood pose, which many seem to feel is the best pose for this figure.

Back