1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to summarise:
- Most people are idiots except you. The rest of us can't recognise facial features because we don't know how to SEE.
- Your mate shaved off his facial hair after years and no one could tell what happened, followed up by the contradiction that people only look at the superficial, such as facial hair.

Well , no you mis-understand....people see in other people a character of what they are......they see what they expect to see....not always what is there....

And I do not recall calling anyone an idiot...I said "But MOST people are happy with characterization cause that's all they really see, in other word most people look but do not SEE." How that translates into Idiot...I am not sure.

Similar to an old couple still seeing each other as young versions of themselves to each other...while the rest of the world sees 2 old people.

The analogy to my buddy's missing beard was to illustrate that people still SAW him as they expected.....beard or no beard.

Sorry Guys.... One of the photos a few pages back looks radically different then the most recent photos. Maybe its the paint up.

image.jpeg

I know it's a different expression but there's a loooong way to go before we get near this guy.

798698f47172f9c379a35ba477386677_zpsuawz2vkc.jpg

GREAT shot!

This clearly shows the major issues with the sculpt; his shaggy hair and bushy beard - the HT looks too slick/shiny/greasy/clean-cut.

And, as many have said, he doesn't have enough wrinkles/character in his face.

GREAT shot!

This clearly shows the major issues with the sculpt; his shaggy hair and bushy beard - the HT looks too slick/shiny/greasy/clean-cut.

When have they ever done a wind-swept hair sculpt? Is going to be a neutral look with maybe a few hairs out of place, not the messy, standing-on -top-of-a-hill-over-an-ocean look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When have they ever done a wind-swept hair sculpt? Is going to be a neutral look with maybe a few hairs out of place, not the messy, standing-on -top-of-a-hill-over-an-ocean look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're not saying that. Simply pointing out the hair is not full nor messy enough no matter how you look at it.

I was using that shot to primarily show how off the face is.

You guys are being babies.

This is by far the best Hot Toys likeness since their Obi- Wan Kenobi and ANH Han Solo, which were the best of the best . . . until now. Luke is PERRRFECT.

Any time I look at this figure, my heart swells and I'm transported back to December of last year where I was bawling because Luke was back on the big screen.

It is interesting that they captured the wrinkles and age of TFA Solo but this Luke looks very "un-weathered", for lack of a better term. To me, that's the biggest gap as I don't expect them to pull off a wind-blown hair look. I'm still getting it because on a shelf next to Kylo, Rey and Finn, he'll clearly be "Luke" :)

This is by far the best Hot Toys likeness since their Obi- Wan Kenobi and ANH Han Solo, which were the best of the best . . . until now. Luke is PERRRFECT.

Any time I look at this figure, my heart swells and I'm transported back to December of last year where I was bawling because Luke was back on the big screen.

giphy.gif

The tousled hair I don't think is feasible, especially with the hair being sculpted. Nothing you can do about that I don't think.

I think the main thing for me is just the lack of weathering on his face, in terms of detail and wrinkles. Add that and I think they'll have already made a big improvement. The bushier beard and eyebrows are minor details. As mentioned before, the actual facial likeness I think is fine.

A big :lol to those uptight about the sculpt. Relax, there will be another Luke with another head to complain about, likely more than one version of Luke, and that figure will actually have accessories and be able to do more than hold a robo hand in the air.

I dunno how anyone is defending this piece of ****! It's likeness to Mark Hamill is just non existent! I think this is one of their worst head sculpts to date, unless Jeff Bridges now plays Luke Skywalker!

I dunno how anyone is defending this piece of ****! It's likeness to Mark Hamill is just non existent! I think this is one of their worst head sculpts to date, unless Jeff Bridges now plays Luke Skywalker!

Whaoa, take it easy bro. It's just collecting. Collecting dolls. And btw I've seen better sculpt bashed and inferior sculpt praised...it's just matter of tastes.

Whaoa, take it easy bro. It's just collecting. Collecting dolls. And btw I've seen better sculpt bashed and inferior sculpt praised...it's just matter of tastes.

Pretty much sums everything up. :lol

resized_dwight-schrute-meme-generator-incorrect-your-opinion-differs-from-mine-005bee.jpg

I think likenesses are subjective, some people see the likeness in sculpts while others don't and that's perfectly fine because at the end of the day, the only opinion that should matter is yours because ultimately, you're the one that's going to be purchasing the figure and putting it into your collection. If you like it, then purchase it. If they don't like it, then nobody is forcing them to purchase it to put in their collection. However, there are some things that are objective. Such as the lack of detail and wrinkles in the paint for the skin of the sculpt, for instance. I think everyone can agree that it's lacking in that detail because it's just visibly not there.

Back