1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

This head the new hoth liea have reversed the trend of garbage likenesses in Star Wars From hot toys.

I'd also give ANH liea and Rey a pass but the rest were pretty piss poor.

I agree and my problem with Luke and Han from ANH were that the sculpts look really soft and featureless.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

For those who own both Chewbacca's. Which of the two has the more accurate fur color in hand?

For those who own both Chewbacca's. Which of the two has the more accurate fur color in hand?

New one is too orange for my taste (especially under detolf lights), but it's lighter, which is more accurate to TFA. In natural light though I'd say the TFA wins, so maybe consider how you have your figures displayed. I still think the body on the ANH one is pretty accurate to the OT films but the face is just too dark.

New one is too orange for my taste (especially under detolf lights), but it's lighter, which is more accurate to TFA. In natural light though I'd say the TFA wins, so maybe consider how you have your figures displayed. I still think the body on the ANH one is pretty accurate to the OT films but the face is just too dark.

Yeah under white LED lighting TFA version looks a tad shimmery! But the ANH version is just too dark, especially that monkey face lol.

Mines on the slow boat from China. Literally.

Just finished filming my review and comparison against the original ANH version. I don't think this TFA version is any worse than the original. My original ANH version is equally bad, so in my eyes this TFA version is not a step backwards. In fact, I'd argue the likeness is worse on my particular ANH version! Both would benefit from a good futz by someone who knows what they're doing though.

The biggest negative for me with the TFA version is not the likeness, but actually the colour of the fur! The hands, forearms, and lower legs are far too light, and come across as orange. So much so that if you didnt know it was a Chewie figure, you'd think it was an orangutan!! I think the fur on the TFA is far too light/orange, and the fur on the original is far too dark.

In the end, I was happy enough with my ANH version, and I can honestly say that I am happy with the TFA version too! I actually think the likeness is better, at least on the two versions I have in hand in my collection. Shame the fur colour is pretty bad. But on display, I think both look pretty damn good. More pics and vid review to come soon! :)

So here's a comparison pic between the Hot Toys figure for the new TFA Chewbacca and the previous ANH Chewbacca.

For me with the particular figures I received, I can honestly say that I am not upset nor overly disappointed with the TFA version. Nither likeness is perfect, but I would say I prefer the likeness of my TFA version over the ANH version!

The biggest flaw I think in both figures is in the fur. The ANH version is far too dark to the point that it almost hides the flaws in the head sculpt. The new TFA version is far too light/orange to the point the hands, forearms, and lower legs look like he's an orangutan!!

In the end, I'm actually happy enough with either figure, and I think on display they actually look pretty damn good!

IMG_3756b.jpg

So here's a comparison pic between the Hot Toys figure for the new TFA Chewbacca and the previous ANH Chewbacca.

For me with the particular figures I received, I can honestly say that I am not upset nor overly disappointed with the TFA version. Nither likeness is perfect, but I would say I prefer the likeness of my TFA version over the ANH version!

The biggest flaw I think in both figures is in the fur. The ANH version is far too dark to the point that it almost hides the flaws in the head sculpt. The new TFA version is far too light/orange to the point the hands, forearms, and lower legs look like he's an orangutan!!

In the end, I'm actually happy enough with either figure, and I think on display they actually look pretty damn good!

View attachment 340112

You know, I have the ANH Chewie and am without a doubt getting TFA Han and Chewie, and personally I think TFA is so much better. The ANH Chewie's head is way to dark and you can barely even see the eyes, and I rather have the whole muzzle thing than whatever is going on in the other. Still its really awful Hot toys allowed TFA Chewie to ship while he looks nothing like the prototype.

BTW as for the orange thing it doesn't bother me since thats film accurate, but in person is it more of the orange/brown color or yellow? I've seen a lot of pictures where it just looks super yellow.

You know, I have the ANH Chewie and am without a doubt getting TFA Han and Chewie, and personally I think TFA is so much better. The ANH Chewie's head is way to dark and you can barely even see the eyes, and I rather have the whole muzzle thing than whatever is going on in the other. Still its really awful Hot toys allowed TFA Chewie to ship while he looks nothing like the prototype.

BTW as for the orange thing it doesn't bother me since thats film accurate, but in person is it more of the orange/brown color or yellow? I've seen a lot of pictures where it just looks super yellow.

Whether it's black cat or tabby, I think we can all agree we love our cats.:lol

Here's part 1 of my review of the 2-figure set, starting with Chewbacca.

I actually dont think it's all that different from the prototype. I've looked at the prototype pics, and the only main difference I can see in the head is that the fur in the gap between the nose and upper lip is a lot darker, so it gives the illusion the gap is smaller. Much like the way the very dark fur on the ANH version gives the same illusion.

For me, the fur is more orange than yellow. I actually think the fur is more orange in hand than it appears in pics. The swap out hands in particular look like orangutan hands. I go through all that in my video review.

Got my Solo a few days back and finally unboxed him this morning. Very pleased with this guy.
5826728dc28fcfbfdeef6e2b589913f8.jpg
9ea10dbc02817b7efdf337831d7109ff.jpg
eba48e39683b58cb87d8a8638ee7e01e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

koolkollectibleskhai Hey I just saw your review and your Chewbacca looks so much better in the video than the pictures. Im not sure why, but its looking pretty good. I feel like I've been saying that more recently, and it seems like the more recent shipments have better spacing sometimes. Congrats on them both though and loved the review!

koolkollectibleskhai Hey I just saw your review and your Chewbacca looks so much better in the video than the pictures. Im not sure why, but its looking pretty good. I feel like I've been saying that more recently, and it seems like the more recent shipments have better spacing sometimes. Congrats on them both though and loved the review!

Thanks for checking it out. Yes I definitely think mine is at least passable and nowhere near as bad as earlier pics. I'm not a great futzer though, but am pretty happy with the pose I've chosen for display. I think displayed with Han, Rey, and Finn, they all look pretty damn good.

anyone buy the 2 pack from loonentoys? still waiting on a shipping notification for these and yoda

anyone buy the 2 pack from loonentoys? still waiting on a shipping notification for these and yoda

If you ask him he will just tell you 'not released in Hong Kong Yet'...I got that for War Machine until last week...apparently he released in the US a week before Hong Kong....

I tried a second shot at Chewie's fur...still not right...
IMG_5671.jpg

Back