1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

The big upper lip definitely brings on too much "cat" vibe to me.

Yes haha. I see it too. He's like Lion-Heart Chewbacca.

b0560e2096a7e567c1ae25506057c6f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

If I can get mine looking like your I'll be happy!

When you say water treatment what did you do exactly?

Enzo???

Please explain the water treatment!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Gonna order a Han from Timcent. Price isn't outrageous and I'm getting too old to look for canceled orders like I used to. Just want the figure since I had the 2 pack on order and canceled after seeing Chewie but Han was already gone everywhere.

Got an email from Sideshow saying my Solo will ship soon. Anyone else get notification? My last flex payment is on 25th April too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just sprayed his face down and head with water, especially around the upper lip. The hair on his upper lip is very thick and puffy out of the box. Once the water is on it i was able to pull and press it down and rework it like you would clay. It's not perfect but helped out a lot. I want to do the mod its just I'm chicken Honelsty. Maybe one day

I got a wait list conversion email for the two pack yesterday. I was kind of hoping it would take longer. Not sure my wallet can take the $550 hit right now. My local comic shop should be getting theirs in next week as well, but the added sales tax more than negates the price of Sideshow's shipping. I'm having trouble deciding what I should do. I really want the Han, but the Chewie I could go either way with.

Just sprayed his face down and head with water, especially around the upper lip. The hair on his upper lip is very thick and puffy out of the box. Once the water is on it i was able to pull and press it down and rework it like you would clay. It's not perfect but helped out a lot. I want to do the mod its just I'm chicken Honelsty. Maybe one day

Personally and I mean no disrespect to anyone but I don't think any of the mods are that great either! I think all of them have taken too much off the upper lip so he still looks strange!!!

Personally and I mean no disrespect to anyone but I don't think any of the mods are that great either! I think all of them have taken too much off the upper lip so he still looks strange!!!
That's why its so scary to do, I am afraid I would take to much off and there is no goin back after that. I'm not in love with it but it will do for now. Again it looks a lot better than the cotastraphy that came out of the box. And that is just my option upon opening the box. Like everyone else says Han is prob one of my fav hot toys Star Wars relaeases. He looks very real with the right pose. HT did a tremendous job on Han all that is left is to add your own realistic pose. It's frustrating cause Han is done so well that you start looking at your other human Star Wars HT faces like Luke and OT Han and Ben and they just aren't up to par with the new Han.

That's why its so scary to do, I am afraid I would take to much off and there is no goin back after that. I'm not in love with it but it will do for now. Again it looks a lot better than the cotastraphy that came out of the box. And that is just my option upon opening the box. Like everyone else says Han is prob one of my fav hot toys Star Wars relaeases. He looks very real with the right pose. HT did a tremendous job on Han all that is left is to add your own realistic pose. It's frustrating cause Han is done so well that you start looking at your other human Star Wars HT faces like Luke and OT Han and Ben and they just aren't up to par with the new Han.
This is too true. I have Rey who is fully covered up, Ben, Leia (who came out great), Stormtrooper Luke (helmet on), and ANH Han (with a custom sculpt).

6816814df82495c95b4acb1a6709d251.jpg

Listen I really like it. And I know it isn't close to perfect, or even correct. I'm not like "this looks sooo much like Chewie". But I really really like the look of this figure. I won't be getting any other Chewbacca, so I'm making the best of it.

Has anyone tried putting the TFA head on the OT Chewie body?

6816814df82495c95b4acb1a6709d251.jpg

Listen I really like it. And I know it isn't close to perfect, or even correct. I'm not like "this looks sooo much like Chewie". But I really really like the look of this figure. I won't be getting any other Chewbacca, so I'm making the best of it.

Looks like a cross between a dog and the lion from The Wizard of Oz.

On the right is the better figure. Though I much prefer the OT bandolier.

Edit: if the bright spots on the new chewie were slightly less orange and a smidge darker that would be perfect.

Edit edit: yes I realise this one is modded.

Last edited:

This is too true. I have Rey who is fully covered up, Ben, Leia (who came out great), Stormtrooper Luke (helmet on), and ANH Han (with a custom sculpt).

Agreed with your set up ton ton as i may be doing much of the same. However with these new releases announced of Luke and Han i will be replacing Hans head with the stormtrooper head, but in addition to the old ham sculpt the body they used is bad, it's not like the other bodies on the other HT figures, so when i get him in hand the old Han may go if the the stormtrooper Han trumps him. But I'm looking forward to the new Luke to have a great sculpt as wouldn't mind replacing my farmboy with him. As new ones come out of the Sam characters and are more accurate like Han TFA the others will be replaced

dupe posting

Has anyone tried putting the TFA head on the OT Chewie body?

The fur colors are so different.

On the right is the better figure. Though I much prefer the OT bandolier.

Edit: if the bright spots on the new chewie were slightly less orange and a smidge darker that would be perfect.

Edit edit: yes I realise this one is modded.

As a "generic Chewy" the TFA fur just seems too bright orange, though I realize that's how he is in TFA.

I do like how you can see more of the face on the modded TFA one though, as Chewy's face is nowhere near as dark at the ANH comes out of the box, but lightened with paint, the ANH can achieve that onscreen Chewy look.

The TFA version at least has a bit more "two tone" fur color on the body like Chewy does in the OT, though my ANH Chewy has a bit more visible two-tone than the ANH one in Matrix's pic does (maybe it's just the lighting.)

The fur colors are so different.

As a "generic Chewy" the TFA fur just seems too bright orange, though I realize that's how he is in TFA.

I do like how you can see more of the face on the modded TFA one though, as Chewy's face is nowhere near as dark at the ANH comes out of the box, but lightened with paint, the ANH can achieve that onscreen Chewy look.

The TFA version at least has a bit more "two tone" fur color on the body like Chewy does in the OT, though my ANH Chewy has a bit more visible two-tone than the ANH one in Matrix's pic does (maybe it's just the lighting.)

I think the tfa head in anh body *might* be interesting. I agree though, I prefer the more face on tfa, but some might prefer the more accurate anh body.

Anyone planning to cancel their Han from BBTS?

Got an email from Sideshow saying my Solo will ship soon. Anyone else get notification? My last flex payment is on 25th April too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got an email from Sideshow saying they will charge my CC for the figure tomorrow, April 18.

Back