1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

That modded tfa is definately better than the anh. Shame hot toys dropped the ball on it. I'll be modding it too, seeing it doesn't look too difficult.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

The first Chewie was perfect bar the colour! Why they had to **** with the sculpt I don't know! :(

First Chewie was a little bit cross-eyed looking. This one seems improved in that department. This one is lighter in color but more orange, which I'm not crazy about.

First Chewie was a little bit cross-eyed looking. This one seems improved in that department. This one is lighter in color but more orange, which I'm not crazy about.

In between both colors would be perfect. That said i prefer this one's color.

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

As everyone has already stated Han is incredible. Chewie on the other hand was atrocious right out of the box. I have been messing with him, even gave him the water treatment on his face which seems like it has helped. It looks better but I'm still debating on doing the mod as I don't think I'm 100% happy with him

Attachments

• IMG_8306.jpg
    IMG_8306.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_8307.jpg
    IMG_8307.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 287

That looks great!

Exactly how did you go about trimming the fur?

Did you trim it at the bottom towards his lip or some how where it attaches to his face so that it wasn't so bulky?

Thanks!

Thanks! I trimmed where the upper lip meets the fur cutting away/folding underneath roughly 1/3 of the fur between his nose and mouth.

Decided to go ahead and weather my Han's leather jacket trying to make it look more like how it did in the movie. Put a matte coat over it to lower the shine and painted a bit to give it a more dirty/worn look. Also decided to repaint his hair a more gray color. Camera couldn't pick it up but attempted to give the hair some subtle tones mixing in a light brown, grey and black. Think it turned out pretty good.

33977874956_edcf25a9c4_b.jpg

33977873256_a077cfcfa3_b.jpg

33977874046_19a6348d10_b.jpg

33977872016_491d3e518e_b.jpg

33977872636_5c8d32c1a8_b.jpg

Excellent job on that Han. The hair looks a lot better.

Still wish there was two separate threads for these figures in the way there is for their ANH versions.

Still wish there was two separate threads for these figures in the way there is for their ANH versions.

Same. We have separate threads for all 3 Deathtroopers and separate threads for all the different Rogue One stormtroopers. But Han Solo can't have his own thread?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the wonderful custom jobs in this thread, i think i'm gonna have to try it myself. Totally satisfied with my ANH Chewy having only comb-futzed him but i'm afraid this TFA Chewy will be a completely different story.

Wonderful job on chewie guys. Han looks amazing as eveyone is saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Chewie looked surprisingly good today at Sideshow's booth at SW Celebration.... Here's some pics but most are posting wrong position

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Great work! With the grayer hair I'm definitely getting more of a TFA Han feel from the figure now. And it no longer looks as weird or off to me as it does in every other pic.

Amazing work on this, he feels like a whole new figure with the gray hair.

View attachment 335871View attachment 335874View attachment 335875

As everyone has already stated Han is incredible. Chewie on the other hand was atrocious right out of the box. I have been messing with him, even gave him the water treatment on his face which seems like it has helped. It looks better but I'm still debating on doing the mod as I don't think I'm 100% happy with him

If I can get mine looking like your I'll be happy!

When you say water treatment what did you do exactly?

Thanks! I trimmed where the upper lip meets the fur cutting away/folding underneath roughly 1/3 of the fur between his nose and mouth.

Decided to go ahead and weather my Han's leather jacket trying to make it look more like how it did in the movie. Put a matte coat over it to lower the shine and painted a bit to give it a more dirty/worn look. Also decided to repaint his hair a more gray color. Camera couldn't pick it up but attempted to give the hair some subtle tones mixing in a light brown, grey and black. Think it turned out pretty good.

33977874956_edcf25a9c4_b.jpg

33977873256_a077cfcfa3_b.jpg

33977874046_19a6348d10_b.jpg

33977872016_491d3e518e_b.jpg

33977872636_5c8d32c1a8_b.jpg

:clap hair and jacket both look terrific!

6d1991106b59ae306bd19ec78d09b1fc.jpg

93a5e4c857d2bc25ebfc2467812f642f.jpg

a0ace77fffcc25a40369260d8a77e6e0.jpg

I don't know. I like it. I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big upper lip definitely brings on too much "cat" vibe to me.

Back