1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Agreed. I also think the eyes are too far spaced from the mouth, making the face look elongated and not compact enough. So even if you succeeded in moving the nose closer to the mouth, you'd be left with a huge gap between his eyes and nose.

attachment.php

ted2jpg-8dd8f3_1280w.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Nice of Hot Toys to release this Rainbow 2 pack of Bungle and Jeffrey. When are Zippy and George coming?
45ca657ed505c4ec03f761118dae312b.jpg

*Rainbow was a kids TV show in the UK in 70's and 80's.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I really like the Han sculpt, and was really looking forward to getting him, but I don't know if I can bring myself to buy it now. I just hate that hair colour so damn much, and frankly I'm sick of paying high end prices for pieces that need repaints right out of the box (which not being an artist myself, means significant additional money spent) just to get them to a place where, by rights, they should have been to begin with. It happens way too often. Particularly at this price range. If I come across a decent bargain I might still get him, because everything else about it looks good to me, but right now I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, all because of that damn hair. And that will likely stop me, short term at least, from pulling the trigger.

From the neck down Chewie looks pretty great in my opinion, unfortunately his face is full of derp. I'll wait and see what the master futzers can do before I write him off completely, but that head is really rough looking straight out of the box, so, if I'm being honest, I don't have my hopes extra high right now.

I suspect the non-grey hair was Disney-mandated for some reason. All of the old Han Solo merch that went up for order last year has it, and Hasbro has never even been allowed to release their repaint of that old Han Solo figure with grey hair that they showed last summer. The only Han toy I can remember coming out with grey hair is the LEGO minifigure.

Darn. I just went onto SSC to chat and BEG them to reapply my deposit on this two pack to a single Han and they are all waitlisted. I'm not happy with this Chewie. I have two ANh and don't need this trouble. Han looks good though once I reverse the just for men effect Disney mandates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect the non-grey hair was Disney-mandated for some reason. All of the old Han Solo merch that went up for order last year has it, and Hasbro has never even been allowed to release their repaint of that old Han Solo figure with grey hair that they showed last summer. The only Han toy I can remember coming out with grey hair is the LEGO minifigure.

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Sounds eerily plausible, too.

Still frustrates me, though. :lol

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Honestly...if it were not for the extended upper lip, it would look very good. There was a pic on page "66" where someone edited the picture so the figure had a better look.
At this point we have to recognize that the upper lip is a definite flaw to the figure. It's objective at this point.

But I think it looks stellar for me nonetheless and I can't wait to have it. I really Really like the fur colouring. It will be my Chew/Lion mix. I do like lions haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, I think this is definitely a Han pose I'll need to use at some point. :D

gffffs.jpg

Gotta say I'm not really crazy about the brighter shade of blue on the coat though. Hopefully it'll appear a bit darker in hand, as it does on the protoype and in the movie.

ddgg.jpg
dds.JPG

You have got to remember the first pictures of the ANH chewbacca looked shocking.
View attachment 326237 View attachment 326238

Of these two I think the new version looks a lot better. Both horrible pics tho. I'll have to wait to see him in hand! I prefer the more highlights in this one though. Reminds me of the ROTJ look!

I can't be the only one wishing they'd added some grey streaks to the furball in TFA movie! He looked so out if place next to old solo! Plus side about this is that he works well enough for any movie version.

Chewie's gonna be fine.... and Han is a masterpiece. Easily one of the best, if not THE best proto to production transition we've ever seen.

IMG2535.jpg

IMG2536.jpg

IMG2537.jpg

Last edited:

I like this one

This picture looks great! I wonder if the mouth looks better with the mouth wide open. Also I think this is one of those releases where you can have better or worse figures. Kind of like with the spiderman figures where you could have a perfect seam of it could be just off a bit.

Just watched a video that budget stark has up on YouTube of the 2 pack open inside the tray. The paint on Han looks pretty amazing.

For every good professional picture like the one above, you get others like this:

16864167_10154236742992344_1540379597683824535_n.jpg

16903540_10154236744902344_3642444029142445341_o.jpg

Futzing Chewie correctly is definitely an art form.

Anyone already thinking of modding Chewie's nose to be a bit bigger so it'll look to be closer to the mouth?

star-wars-episode-vii-han-solo-chewbacca-disney.jpg

Anyone already thinking of modding Chewie's nose to be a bit bigger so it'll look to be closer to the mouth?

View attachment 326337

It needs more than a nose mod IMO I think this blogger was thinking of your scene when they set this pic up

Just compare :slap

Where are the KO heads that person mentioned earlier in a post..I don't see it on ebay :dunno

Bigger would only make it worse.

Really? But by comparison, HT Chewie's nose does looks too small. I dunno, I might give it a try if I can find a suitable nose from a toy dog or something... XD

Back