1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

This is old Han head to toe and the expression is Ford as signature as you can get

HT you have the blueprint now ..please build on it with a ESB, ROTJ version

Hell I want to see an old Indy with this sculpt design from the KOTS

Perfect pants design for an ESB version IMO

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Chewy looks horrid just as I expected since it was announced. Han looks slightly different to me than the proto but still really great. HT always does amazing sculpts with older actors so I bet it looks even more impressive in person!

I really don't think Chewie is that bad. The only thing really throwing it off is the gap between the nose and the mouth but he's not awful like some people are making him out. Other than that it seems like a good representation of the character in The Force Awakens. Honestly I kind of like the aged look with the different fur colors.

Yeah there were a few early shots (like on the Vanity Fair cover) where Han's hair did have a slightly tannish look to it, but certainly in the movie itself it was pretty damn gray. And I can definitely see how repainting it would improve the likeness even more.

This seems to be a pretty good match for the expression btw:

gd.JPG

I'm done with TFA figures but if the pair go to bargain bin sale prices, I may think about adding them to the collection.

I actually just started getting into the line. Picked up Resistance Rey when she released, then Sideshow discounted Finn to a price where I couldn't pass. I have Han on pre-order at BBTS and am also debating getting Kylo. I'll get Luke with a coupon eventually. Chewbacca is a maybe at this point. I don't think I need any Troopers.

Yeah, it's an easier mod to do IMO but it's aggravating how we have too. Plus it becomes a challenge to see how much of a tint of whitish grey mix should cover the paint that HT did because I like the tones and shading they did on this sculpt.. :gah:

Also using your pic above I enhanced the blogger shot..man did HT nail the expression

Last edited:

Maybe chewies nose can be detached and set lower because it looks like it is too high, close to the eyes also.

Other than that, it looks good. And Han does not look awful, maybe not the best likeness but that sculpt is definitely old Han. But I agree the hair sculpt seems to be too thick.

Maybe chewies nose can be detached and set lower because it looks like it is too high, close to the eyes also.

Other than that, it looks good. And Han does not look awful, maybe not the best likeness but that sculpt is definitely old Han. But I agree the hair sculpt seems to be too thick.

When you mix gold and tan tones it makes the light add weight to the object being painted, the solution is to make it more dull with a whitish grey mixture that makes the body of his hair in this case less pronounced and contrasts to the light making the hair more subtle

In other words, the hair sculpt is just balanced right in thickness IMO but the paint makes it appear to thick, also they didn't add the darker patches of the shaded points of his bangs :lecture

Well on the ANH Chewie if you heat it up you can actually push the mouth up a bit to decrease the gap (and then wet down and push in the mustache), and it's possible you might be able to do that with this one too. But hard to say for sure with the new articulated mouth they gave it....

I really don't think Chewie is that bad. The only thing really throwing it off is the gap between the nose and the mouth but he's not awful like some people are making him out. Other than that it seems like a good representation of the character in The Force Awakens. Honestly I kind of like the aged look with the different fur colors.

I dunno, I feel like if a human figure had a head sculpt that was this inaccurate then people would be up in arms about it. But we kinda tend to give Chewie a pass because of the impressive engineering with the real fur.

When you mix gold and tan tones it makes the light add weight to the object being painted, the solution is to make it more dull with a whitish grey mixture that makes the body of his hair in this case less pronounced and contrasts to the light making the hair more subtle

In other words, the hair sculpt is just balanced right in thickness IMO but the paint makes it appear to thick, also they didn't add the darker patches of the shaded points of his bangs :lecture

Yeah you definitely don't want to paint it just solid gray (or solid tan like they pretty much have it). It needs to be more salt-and-peppery with darker layers underneath the gray.

I liked Han. Chewie is terrible, tough.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Glad I resisted the early temptation to switch from ANH Chewie and wait for TFA. What a dumpster fire.

raw

I really like the Han sculpt, and was really looking forward to getting him, but I don't know if I can bring myself to buy it now. I just hate that hair colour so damn much, and frankly I'm sick of paying high end prices for pieces that need repaints right out of the box (which not being an artist myself, means significant additional money spent) just to get them to a place where, by rights, they should have been to begin with. It happens way too often. Particularly at this price range. If I come across a decent bargain I might still get him, because everything else about it looks good to me, but right now I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, all because of that damn hair. And that will likely stop me, short term at least, from pulling the trigger.

From the neck down Chewie looks pretty great in my opinion, unfortunately his face is full of derp. I'll wait and see what the master futzers can do before I write him off completely, but that head is really rough looking straight out of the box, so, if I'm being honest, I don't have my hopes extra high right now.

Whyyyyyyyyy????
55c0e0dc8fde4733f04dfbe18a1aed3e.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Han came out utterly fantastic, can't wait to receive this. I get of course that everyone has their own opinion and to each their own, but to anyone finding fault with the Han figure and thinking it looks horrible, I'm not sure what you look for in a 1/6 scale figure in that case and what standards you deem to be acceptable? :dunno

As for Chewie, these pictures definitely look a lot better than the initial ones and do the figure more justice, however, I'm going to say that my first impression is that the ANH Chewie is the better one of the two. I already have that one so I wasn't going to get this one regardless of how it came out because I only need one Chewie and my ANH collection is the centerpiece of my SW collection, but seeing how this one came out just gives me even more reason to be happy sticking with my ANH Chewie. As was mentioned by others, I think the biggest thing throwing it off is the large gap between his upper lip and nose.

Back