1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Wow, Chewy looks horrible. I can't wind connection between this cheap looking toy to any version of Chewy in the movies.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I'm really looking forward to getting Han. For Chewie though, indeed there's definitely too big a gap between his nose and mouth. Other than that I think he looks alright. Especially if you give him a good futz. I'll be sticking with my ANH version for now though.

I'm hoping that if they take another crack at Chewie at some point, they get the face right this time. ESB, ROTJ, Ep 8, the Han Solo movie, and likely Ep 9 all feature him. Should give HT more chances for at least one more.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

That ANH Chewie ain't looking to bad right about now.

" Chewie..We're Hoo..

" WTF did HT do to you ? "..
" Wahhhh! "

" Picture Time "

Seriously, complain about chewie.. lol

Im so glad that blue jacket is not made of pleather phew....

Finally! Been a LONG wait...

IMG2530.jpg

IMG2531.jpg

IMG2533.jpg

IMG2534.jpg

I think they both look pretty awful! Chewie is just shocking, and I've never liked that Han sculpt either (Anyone remember Jon Pertwee-gate?!! :rotfl). The jacket looks shiny & cheap too! Standards definitely slipping at Hot Toys...:slap

This Han is great!!! One of the best HT headsculpt.

Do these comes as a set only or can you get them individually?

I think they both look pretty awful! Chewie is just shocking, and I've never liked that Han sculpt either (Anyone remember Jon Pertwee-gate?!! :rotfl). The jacket looks shiny & cheap too! Standards definitely slipping at Hot Toys...:slap

:lol:rotfl:lol

Maybe a sprig of hair in the front will tie Han together for you timeddler.

To each his own I guess, but have a lot of difficulty finding intellectual common ground with the idea that Han looks "pretty awful" :lol.

Jury is out on Chewie. I think I remember that it was at least a few months after the blogger pics came out that Freaks started really making ANH Chewie look amazing. Can't wait to see what DaveJames and Matrix do with this.

I mean, seriously..? Awful...? Seriously?

IMG2530.jpg

Maybe chewie can be saved but I'm not paying almost $300 to find out. Just the old guy for me.

Wow, is that really a production Han? The paint looks amazing! That stubble is particularly impressive!

Yeah, Chewie looks bad in those shots, and that quick photoshop that faststreets did really shows how off they got the proportions of the upper lip. But I think he may be salvageable with some expert futzing.

I only have Han on pre-order and can't wait to get him!

:lol:rotfl:lol

Maybe a sprig of hair in the front will tie Han together for you timeddler.

To each his own I guess, but have a lot of difficulty finding intellectual common ground with the idea that Han looks "pretty awful" :lol.

Part and parcel with the hyperbole which infects many aspects of fandom, I guess.

Han looks great, chewie can probably be futzed like the ANH version.

Why is Han's hair still that weird tan color? I'm sure Hot Toys knows better than me, but I swear it was grey/white in the movie.

So happy these are finally released. Funny how close to perfect Han looks up close but then a bit less so in the pics that are from farther away. Chewie has some elements that are better than ANH (eyes don't look as goofy), and he looks okay in some shots.

These pics of Chewie are actually less of a freak show than the initial ANH pics were (looks closer to prototype at least), but that nose placement is pretty problematic, to say the least, doesn't look as prominent in some photos as it does in others. Could be some variation, though with the ANH it plugged into the base sculpt of the head so it's hard to imagine too much variation.

I don't get the hate for Solo at all, I think it looks pretty great. Chewy on the other hand, yeah tear it to shreds.

Back