1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Looks good but I'm sticking to the ANH one

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Some of us have to ease up on how serious we take our collecting. The comments posted based on the few pics are just that comments that bring up discussion. People talking about what could/should be done nothing more nothing less. Others are just having fun with the pics posted. I don't know how any of this affects our collecting or our lives.

If I had bought the first one, I would also stick with that, but since I haven't and this looks better, I'm getting this

Some of us have to ease up on how serious we take our collecting. The comments posted based on the few pics are just that comments that bring up discussion. People talking about what could/should be done nothing more nothing less. Others are just having fun with the pics posted. I don't know how any of this affects our collecting or our lives.

Yeah, to be fair, the ANH looked pretty awful in many early pics, and yes the dark fur was an issue - but people have been able to bring that Chewy up to look pretty spectacular with the pastels/paints fur retouching and some significant futzing. Fur means the futz is critical.

There just haven't been enough pics yet to prove this is any worse than the ANH one was at this early stage.

Yep. I still have yet to see any fair amount of serious pictures of this figure. Once people start getting it in hand and attempting to futz it, and if it still looks bad, then it's time to call the figure a bust.

What happened to this I found this thread on page two. I thought we were going to see images....

Did the same guy who stole Brady's jersey steal Howard's prototype to sabotage with poor pictures? Why after over a week does it seem like only one in the world exists?

As usual.......first pics are always ****.....cause whoever posts it care nothin for the figure.....

Wait till actual shots come out.......

In the mean time , keep making fun of this guys photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think this chewie bashing is bad - you should see the turds getting spun up over at the bvs batman thread - it's like people magazine and Ben cheated again !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on RS said they got a shipping notice from Sideshow.

What a weird release Chewbacca turned out to be. No blogger pics, and the only pics we've seen seem to be from one guy in Japan, and now he's shipping out of Sideshow on Friday. Head scratcher.

What a weird release Chewbacca turned out to be. No blogger pics, and the only pics we've seen seem to be from one guy in Japan, and now he's shipping out of Sideshow on Friday. Head scratcher.

My sentiments as well.

Just got my notice for this from SS.

I can't wait for the flood of pics to come in, so we can start getting a proper feel for just how this Chewie turned que, and how it honestly compares to the first.

I still think that blogger styled his Chewie wrong I can already tell the out of the box tray pic that it is a better version than ANH because the mouth is a better sculpt

I think the newer in hand pics will put our minds at ease

My notification is for Chewie only. He is going with my OT figures as I thought the old Chdwie looked pretty odd.

I still think that blogger styled his Chewie wrong I can already tell the out of the box tray pic that it is a better version than ANH because the mouth is a better sculpt

I think the newer in hand pics will put our minds at ease

I don't know, that U shaped mouth isn't looking right to me at all, and is a big reason for the dog-like look it seems to have. His mouth should be a lot wider and flatter than that.

I logged on to the forum yesterday to make the exact same point, GG, when I saw you had done it for me... in the immortal words of JT Kirk, this is damn peculiar.

It seems HT released NO early samples of Chewie (or Han of course) to the usual suspects for pre-shipment reviews with the exception of the single piece we've seen. The last time I remember this happening with a company's release, it was Sideshow with the Man of Steel Premium Format Figure. They held onto any and all information on the production piece until it was being shipped out to customers, and anyone familiar with that firestorm will remember that that release was controversial at best. In other words customers were not happy. I sure hope HT is not trying to follow that model.

Odd. Hmmm I wonder when mine is coming in than. Ordered straight from HK.

I cannot wait tho. To have a fully furred/haired chewbacca will be awesome.

Has anyone mentioned we will definitely be getting a Han Solo movie Chewbacca as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back