1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Fig

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Send from my HTC 1 mini 2, 4th edition, running Android 9.06, after counting to 5 for the 3rd time.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I immediately PO'd Han, but I immediately passed on Chewie. Not because the figure looks less than awesome, but because to me, characters like Chewie and Vader, you only need one representation of. Vader is Vader and Chewie is Chewie. Unless you're a devout fan of the character. Same with C-3PO and R2, for instance.

That's where I'm at as well. I really want to limit my figures and Chewie, R2, 3PO, Vader are fine to have one of for me.

Han and Luke are where I'm very conflicted. My thoughts for now are that I'll sell off my ANH versions if a substantially improved one comes out that somehow puts the current versions to shame. Bespin Han will be very interesting.

I think with the ST it's easy to imagine one Han, and one Luke. But the OT there are so many cool outfits representing important moments and different planets. Will be tough to have just one from each movie.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

That's where I'm at as well. I really want to limit my figures and Chewie, R2, 3PO, Vader are fine to have one of for me.

Unfortunatley.... when Hot Toys finally gets around to making ESB and ROTJ.... I'm going to need three of each character :lol

Han and Luke are where I'm very conflicted. My thoughts for now are that I'll sell off my ANH versions if a substantially improved one comes out that somehow puts the current versions to shame. Bespin Han will be very interesting.

I think with the ST it's easy to imagine one Han, and one Luke. But the OT there are so many cool outfits representing important moments and different planets. Will be tough to have just one from each movie.

:exactly:

Regardless of what else comes out from the OT, even if it's a better version than the ANH version, I think I'm going to stick with the ANH line as my central SW collection for the nostalgic factor, being that it was the first SW film. I wanted to get ESB Yoda, but it's not really worth $200 to me; especially when I think HT missed the mark on him in some aspects. It looks like the only ESB figure(s) I will have is my DX07 Bespin Luke. As far as RotJ, I will probably get a RotJ Luke, and that's it.

As far as the NT goes, I only really see myself getting perhaps one more Rey and one more Kylo Ren. Not sure if that'll be from Episode VIII or IX though. As far as Luke goes, I don't think I'd want a TFA Luke, because of his limited part. I might, but at the moment, I'm leaning more towards an Episode VIII or IX Luke, presming he'll have a larger part.

PT, I'd be interested in only a RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Getting Han for sure! Chewie looks...meh. It looks like he has a puppet mouth.

Hot Toys didn't increase the price. It's Sideshow who wants to make more bucks on this set. Well, FU Sideshow. I'm buying from Asia then since it's still cheaper even with the shipping factored in, and I will get the figures sooner.

Thanks for the link (didn't realize it was a video.) That really does look amazing there. Way better than the official pics - you have to wonder if it's some lens distortion in those pics.

While Chewy I'm passing on, I'll be grabbing Han - my first TFA figure.:horror

If they announce TFA Luke at SDCC, I'll be getting my second.

It really is incredible. I showed a bunch of people who don't collect or ever even look at figures and were amazed.

Yeah might wait till I see them up close at SDCC, but probably will order them.

mlhvn9.jpg

The headsculpt on the right looks amazing, but the headsculpt on the prototype figure on the left was either physically altered, or the photos were altered. I want to believe that the photos were somehow stretched horizontally, this would explain why chewie's and han's heads look a little wide.

But this is still the one of a kind, master work of Mr Hong. Remember Farmboy Luke? Remember Finn? And a hundred other jaw dropping works of art by JC... I just hope we're not getting set up again...

But this is still the one of a kind, master work of Mr Hong. Remember Farmboy Luke? Remember Finn? And a hundred other jaw dropping works of art by JC... I just hope we're not getting set up again...

True. Thats why I think the hs on the left is production piece (since its about to be released) and the one on the right, proto (incredibly beautiful). Which makes me sad cuz I see alot of problems with that hs.

Yes I did...used what points I had left. Think they'd change it to the two pack?

Sideshow give you one opportunity to upgrade an order to another order of a higher value without forfeiting the NRD. Contact customer service. :)

You may not get the points back though.

I noticed that the head and neck adapter are all one piece. I saw that with inigo's Anakin sculpt. Is this the first time HT is using that technique??

It will never be as good looking as a Jc painted head, but it is what the sculpt will look like. It won't be as well painted, but still will be the same otherwise. (Typically, a few cases they are slighted altered but out of 500 heads that happend to less then ten)

If you want to negate the amazing paint job just turn it black and white and look at it that way.

True. Thats why I think the hs on the left is production piece (since its about to be released) and the one on the right, proto (incredibly beautiful). Which makes me sad cuz I see alot of problems with that hs.

Jc uses production pieces for master paint. The ones he does are used by the factory as a master or guide on painting the production pieces. If it's not the same head it defeats the purpose.

Jc uses production pieces for master paint. The ones he does are used by the factory as a master or guide on painting the production pieces. If it's not the same head it defeats the purpose.

Yeah, I know. Dont get me wrong, I'm still POing it. Its an awesome set. The thing is, when I see that proto I want it and it makes me sad to know that it will be close to it but not as perfect,of course. Anyway, I'm used to it already and I'm okay with that.

Back