1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Love that head sculpt.
I want a HT 1/6 Bono of U2 ...seriously.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

True. Thats why I think the hs on the left is production piece (since its about to be released) and the one on the right, proto (incredibly beautiful). Which makes me sad cuz I see alot of problems with that hs.

Eh I still think they're the same exact head myself. One is just distorted from being taken a lot closer to the sculpt (which explains why you can barely make out his ears on the side on that one).

I noticed that the head and neck adapter are all one piece. I saw that with inigo's Anakin sculpt. Is this the first time HT is using that technique??

Kenobi, Luke Bespin to name a couple.

Huh, hadn't seen that. Well if the actual production head ends up with that narrower shape, I'll be ordering one immediately. Because it looks incredible compared to the other one.

Same here. I hope they keep that shape, cuz I love that old space pirate feeling of ep VII Han and I need that two pack.

But this is still the one of a kind, master work of Mr Hong. Remember Farmboy Luke? Remember Finn? And a hundred other jaw dropping works of art by JC... I just hope we're not getting set up again...
You posted how much you loved the Farmboy Luke figure, so what are you complaining about?

I think I posted that I'm a fan of the production Farmboy Luke sculpt, and I am. I think he looks very good in hand on display. but I don't think anyone can deny that it's several steps back from the proto. And while that happens all the time, FB Luke was a breathtaking proto. So even if it's the same few steps back off of the proto, just like 99% of the pieces we actually get to take home, when the expectations are set this high, the disappoint is magnified that much more. That's why I used the Luke and Finn examples. Both of those protos were close to perfect, IMHO.................Just like this Han.

Chewie just looks god awful..with that ventriloquist dummy mouth! The lack of the hairspray treatment on this one really makes it more toy-like in my opinion (like that big electronic furry Chewbacca toy they sell at Toys R Us). Also reminds me of the Kenner 12" one from the 90's. It just looks like a plush toy/cute little doggie/muppet. Han on the other hand is excellent. If you can't have one with out the other just put that metrosexual looking wookie in the background behind Han's shadow.
crap 2.jpg
crap 1.jpg

We said almost these exact same words when ANH Chewie's promotional shots were released. A few months later, a very large percentage of the collectors who received him were nominating him for figure of the year..........lets see what develops.

I should have added..yes, it is a decent representation of Chewbacca from that film. But you have to take into account that Chewie has looked like three completely different wookies. You have the original trilogy look, Revenge of the Sith look and now The Force Awakens looks. I just am not a fan what-so-ever of the other two Chewbacca incarnations that don't bear resemblance to the original (in fur color and facial structure). I mean, unless it's totally normal for wookies to change appearance every 20 or 30 years. Plus the new Chewie just isn't Chewbacca for me. Since he was mostly played by Joonas Suotamo. Probably 99% of the film was him in the costume - even scenes were Mayhew could have sat in the cockpit, but it was Joonas. I know I'm just ranting off subject now - but it just comes down to not being a fan of the other two Chewbacca looks. Even with the flaws (which can be fixed mostly with some futzing) of the original trilogy Chewie, it still looks better at 80%. Better that than a 100% perfect ROTS/TFA Chewie.

I should have added..yes, it is a decent representation of Chewbacca from that film. But you have to take into account that Chewie has looked like three completely different wookies. You have the original trilogy look, Revenge of the Sith look and now The Force Awakens looks. I just am not a fan what-so-ever of the other two Chewbacca incarnations that don't bear resemblance to the original (in fur color and facial structure). I mean, unless it's totally normal for wookies to change appearance every 20 or 30 years. Plus the new Chewie just isn't Chewbacca for me. Since he was mostly played by Joonas Suotamo. Probably 99% of the film was him in the costume - even scenes were Mayhew could have sat in the cockpit, but it was Joonas. I know I'm just ranting off subject now - but it just comes down to not being a fan of the other two Chewbacca looks. Even with the flaws (which can be fixed mostly with some futzing) of the original trilogy Chewie, it still looks better at 80%. Better that than a 100% perfect ROTS/TOA Chewie.

Amen brother. I feel exactly the same way. Chewbacca changed way too much from OT to TFA. ROTS change was bothersome to me, but not as bad as episode VII. Not the same look or character to me. That is why I can't hurry up and order the 2 pack. I want to focus on OT characters and those who appear in the new movies in their older form. But I just can't pull the trigger on the new Chewbacca. Just my opinion, but I am and always have been a purist, especially with star wars since 1977. Don't even get me started on the special editions of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ.

Amen brother. I feel exactly the same way. Chewbacca changed way too much from OT to TFA. ROTS change was bothersome to me, but not as bad as episode VII. Not the same look or character to me. That is why I can't hurry up and order the 2 pack. I want to focus on OT characters and those who appear in the new movies in their older form. But I just can't pull the trigger on the new Chewbacca. Just my opinion, but I am and always have been a purist, especially with star wars since 1977. Don't even get me started on the special editions of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ.

I appreciate that man! The special editions use to not bother me one bit. I mean I loved the extra scenery details of Mos Eisley & Cloud City/the new wampa footage....but LOATHED the changing of Jason Wingreen's voice and the goofy ass new dance number at Jabba's. But I had no clue that so much of the dialog (especially Vader) was changed..and multiple times at that! Now with Disney owning the brand, perhaps the fans will finally get a digitally remastered and PURE ORGINAL version of the OT.

Chewbacca's dramatic change in TFA was a subtle device to inform us that they aren't in Kansas any more.

It was all a dream.

Ergo, Han does not die; Carrie Fisher does not have a nightmare time trying to act; and Artoo does not go to sleep in order to give a cuter Disney droid more airtime than his crusty old self.

JJ just wanted to let us know that the future is not written. It's whatever we make it. :wacky

Kenobi, Luke Bespin to name a couple.

No, that's not what I mean. Not just a necked head.

The neck is sculpted longer with the adapter inside the neck, so you plug the whole head onto the neck peg. This hides the neck joint even more on necked heads.

Heads.jpg

I'm absolutely getting this Han but not sure on the Chewie yet. I'll wait to see Secret Base/con pics and in-hand pics before deciding. I might wait for the Chewie from ESB with the destroyed C3PO on his back. But I'm thinking I'm probably gonna want the Han/Chewie set from the Han Solo anthology film because I think we're gonna see them meeting for the first time which could make for some pretty cool figures (especially if that Alden guy gives a solid performance as young Han).

...............Pre-ordered Chewie without pause today. I think he looks great. To me, the ANH version looked very off in the face sculpt, this looks much better to me for some reason. I will be displaying him with my re-issue ANH Han. I can't wait.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

No, that's not what I mean. Not just a necked head.

The neck is sculpted longer with the adapter inside the neck, so you plug the whole head onto the neck peg. This hides the neck joint even more on necked heads.

I think I see what you mean. Just browsed JC Hong's pics. Maybe Stan Lee?
12190908_992989654098684_636551773079083328_n.jpg

Maybe they just do it for old man sculpts - sagging face and a low hanging sack kinda sums things up.:dunno

21ni4wp.png

Back