1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

A little mouth joint and an inch of cloth equals the $30 increase? :lol

C'mon guys.

ugly dogs.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

The price increase is not on Hot Toys, they are the same price as the ANH set in HK.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

The price increase is not on Hot Toys, they are the same price in HK.

It's Sideshow yet again trying to make extra money off it's collectors. They are getting ridiculous with their prices... :( They need to show their subpar figures are just as good as Hot Toys and cheaper...:lol

There are things I like on each Chewie. The more I see them side by side the less kneejerk I am about feeling TFA is better.

ANH Chewbacca's face is too dark, but TFA goes too far in lightening it. Overall the coloration is much too bright on TFA and I feel much better about ANH.
I like ANH bandolier belt and bowcaster with metal finish more.
I like the idea of an articulated jaw but nervous about the durability of such a thing.

Old Han is unbelievable. Anyone who thought Leia was sculpt of the year (including me) - guess again.

Here's a comparison off promo shots

HT Chewbacca comp.jpg

Both have their flaws.... I do like the lighter color though.

Hmm, starting to think that Han pic everyone has been using for comparisons is a bit deceiving. It was clearly taken with a camera phone much closer to the sculpt than all the others, making the head look a lot narrower than it really is.

I was wondering why the head looked so different in all the other shots, and I think that was the reason why. Shame, because I was finally starting to come around on this one. :(

ford1.jpg

Focal length playing mind games with us is nothing new. I think Old Han is going to be amazing in hand. Some things are meant to be seen in person.

The first likeness of Harrison Ford I've ever seen in a toy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may have read that in the TFA thread. That was my mistaken impression.

Keeping the myth alive. :lol

I read that too... and then when I watched the film again I saw that it was untrue, although I would have liked it to be.

Here's a comparison off promo shots

View attachment 272648

Both have their flaws.... I do like the lighter color though.

Well the fur looks alot better on the TFA Chewie but I don't like the color. I think the head looks better aswell.

Damn I would be in for the set if it wasn't due to be released so soon. I was expecting Han & Chewie to be a early 2017 release as Yoda is. With Phasma, Finn & trooper due all in the UK shortly and Rey also around Sept, its far too many items within a few months of each other and I'm playing catch up on the OT line. Just yesterday received my Leia & one payment to go on Chewie; which only leaves Obi Wan & a OT Stormtrooper to pick up now.
Probably have to miss the twin set & pick them up individually.
Luvin the Han sculpt and Chewie has a few niggles is an improvement on the ANH version.

I really like the anh chewy face!!looks much much better. Also the anh duo set to me is more iconic. Although I am very very tempted to buy Han. What I plan to do is keep one Episode 4 iconic Han and chewy set - but I will buy a Han from each movie just to represent the various looks. However I don't need so many chewies ... That's for sure so best case scenario I am buying a Han. Also I do like episode 4 chewie more - unable to pin down exactly why though. This one actually while may be accurate to the movie does look a bit carpetish.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

The ANH Chewie is enough for me. Ordered Han though. Please don't change the sculpt HT's. Minor tweaks are one thing, but please no major changes.

The difference between the JC Hong photos and the proto pictures are pretty stark. Did an overlay of one of the Hong photos. The Hong ones look like they could be screen shots in comparison.

han-hong.jpg
star-wars-the-force-awakens-han-solo-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902760-06.jpg

And one more:

han-hong-2.jpg
star-wars-the-force-awakens-han-solo-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902760.jpg

This set is great but the ANH set is the one to have, especially if one is Gen X(like me). I grew up with only the OT so as good as this set looks it's not ANH(even with the figures' issues).

Last edited:

I think TFA production piece will look fabulous but I only need one Chewie in my collection and I don't think I would be comfortable in myself at 42 that it's from a movie I have only know for a year as opposed to all my life.

The difference between the JC Hong photos and the proto pictures are pretty stark. Did an overlay of one of the Hong photos. The Hong ones look like they could be screen shots in comparison.

View attachment 272671
star-wars-the-force-awakens-han-solo-sixth-scale-hot-toys-902760-06.jpg

And one more:

View attachment 272672
star-wars-the-force-awakens-han-solo-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902760.jpg

Maybe Proto x Production piece? Since this figure is about to be released... :huh

Yeah, could be the casting process squeezed the sculpt a bit (along with factoring in the lens distortion mention in the Hong ones).

Maybe I'll wait for in hand pics to order. By then a coupon will work or I'll have enough rewards.

This thing looks beautiful. I'll wait til SDCC and then PO it.

Back