1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Pretty much exactly how I feel about TFA too. I can still sit down and thoroughly enjoy watching it.

Yep, same here. I enjoyed the film personally. I didn't think it was utterly spectacular, but I can also sit down and enjoy watching it. Unlike TPM and AotC, which are pretty much unwatchable for me.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

^^ Is that with the undersuit removed?

Hair doesn't look to bad there at all. It's the bright artificial light that seems to bring out the metal.

These pics show that shot just right, this fig could almost pass for screen captures from the movie.:clap

Padding is still on. It's not ideal as it does sort of look like he's packing a pillow in his shirt if you look too closely. but don't feel like messing around with it as once you do one thing you're tempted to do more and more.

In even natural light you don't get that metallic sheen on the hair. I think the only bad part of the figure is the shirt collar, I think they stitched it tight in part so you wouldn't see where the neck meets the body. But they did a really good job on the jacket (despite it looking brand-spanking new).

Does that neck joint look really bad and obvious, TonTon? I think I'd probably be able to live with it on mine regardless tho, since I'd rather see the collar open more.

It's nearly impossible to see with the shirt the way it is. But it isn't far below the surface.
549bd015fdf6db03d660aab146bda4ae.jpg

Was the beginning sequence on Jakku supposed to be Finn's first mission/outing as a Stormtrooper? I can't recall if he stated at one point in the film if it was or not.

Correct--That was Finn's first time on an actual mission. Prior to TFA, Finn had only been through training, and was already pegged by Phasma as being potentially "defective".

It's nearly impossible to see with the shirt the way it is. But it isn't far below the surface.
549bd015fdf6db03d660aab146bda4ae.jpg

Wow. Not even looking at the shirt collar thing. That sculpt just looks so good.

Are you still going to part this out?

It's not like the actor decides how the character is played though, so your central argument would still be the same.

Luna played the conflicted rebel assassin perfectly, but that's how the character was likely written, wasn't just his spin on it. I'm really not sure the Skywalker saga really has the tone for a character quite like that. They try to keep things somewhat black and white outside the force users who are pulled one way or the other.

Oscar Isaac is a much better actor than John Boyega though. Even with the exact same lines and direction, he would have been way better as Finn.

I just found Boyega's performance to be so golly-gosh goofy from start to finish and didn't buy him as a former trained killer bad*ss for one second. The whole aspect of whether they could trust Finn and how he might betray them (a possible nice tension) was in the dumpster pretty much immediately, like everything else that could have given him even a whiff of edge.

How on earth they are going to expand that character in the next one I have no idea. Boyega's pretty limited as a performer, the character had no real weight to him other than a fairly generic (stormie-on-first-outing-who-never-killed-nobody-turns-good!) Wookiepedia backstory, and he came across as Rey's goofball brother more than as a potential romantic match-up. Maybe he turns out to be an android.:dunno:lol

That rumored gay Poe-Finn from a while back could have actually finally made him interesting, but after the Cinderella backlash, I'm sure Disney knows better.

Much better without the fat suit, and it was already incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Wow. Not even looking at the shirt collar thing. That sculpt just looks so good.

:lol Yeah, this is the first of their SW human figures that actually wowed me. A sculpt like Jnix Han and this are good reminders of all the other misses that are on my shelf. Even Leia, which is such a nice head sculpt, is brought down a couple notches by that dress. Here's hoping the Yunsil dress is ace or the HT Hoth Leia is a home run.

I'll part out this Han if my original order goes through. It's from a place I haven't purchased from in a few years and their site seems all glitchy now. Could still cancel that but I'm happy to check out another set of parts if they fulfill the order.

Oscar Isaac is a much better actor than John Boyega though. Even with the exact same lines and direction, he would have been way better as Finn.

I just found Boyega's performance to be so golly-gosh goofy from start to finish and didn't buy him as a former trained killer bad*ss for one second. The whole aspect of whether they could trust Finn and how he might betray them (a possible nice tension) was in the dumpster pretty much immediately, like everything else that could have given him even a whiff of edge.

How on earth they are going to expand that character in the next one I have no idea. Boyega's pretty limited as a performer, the character had no real weight to him other than a fairly generic (stormie-on-first-outing-who-never-killed-nobody-turns-good!) Wookiepedia backstory, and he came across as Rey's goofball brother more than as a potential romantic match-up.

But that's what they were going for, for whatever reason. I just don't buy that inserting a different actor automatically solves anything. Does Poe come across as edgy or badass in any way? No, because he wasn't written or directed that way. Just seems like wishful thinking.

I think Isaac is great but nothing I saw from Poe tells me that him playing Finn really would have been all that different. The only serious lines they give him are his speech at Maz's castle. I guess I agree in principal that they could be easily reversible. I have no reason to think Boyega as the hot shot pilot wouldn't have been believable.

I did think Daisy had good chemistry with Boyega, and even the stuff with Chewie and Han--"Big Deal"--seems to be playing on that lighter/silly nature of the character.

Maybe he turns out to be an android.:dunno:lol

One of my early thoughts after the end of TFA was that they would make him the opposite of Vader and start being more man than machine. But they already stole that idea for Saw.

:lol Yeah, this is the first of their SW human figures that actually wowed me. A sculpt like Jnix Han and this are good reminders of all the other misses that are on my shelf. Even Leia, which is such a nice head sculpt, is brought down a couple notches by that dress. Here's hoping the Yunsil dress is ace or the HT Hoth Leia is a home run.

I'll part out this Han if my original order goes through. It's from a place I haven't purchased from in a few years and their site seems all glitchy now. Could still cancel that but I'm happy to check out another set of parts if they fulfill the order.

But that's what they were going for, for whatever reason. I just don't buy that inserting a different actor automatically solves anything. Does Poe come across as edgy or badass in any way? No, because he wasn't written or directed that way. Just seems like wishful thinking.

I think Isaac is great but nothing I saw from Poe tells me that him playing Finn really would have been all that different. The only serious lines they give him are his speech at Maz's castle. I guess I agree in principal that they could be easily reversible. I have no reason to think Boyega as the hot shot pilot wouldn't have been believable.

I did think Daisy had good chemistry with Boyega, and even the stuff with Chewie and Han--"Big Deal"--seems to be playing on that lighter/silly nature of the character.

One of my early thoughts after the end of TFA was that they would make him the opposite of Vader and start being more man than machine. But they already stole that idea for Saw.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge Isaac fan (almost as much as Ben Mendelsohn):lol

And yeah, I'm thinking about some parts of the Han for customs - the gauntlets are interesting and I'm curious about the gun (looks a bit ROTJ.) The head will be a $$ generator: perfect for a KOTCS Indy, among others.

Disclaimer: I'm a huge Isaac fan (almost as much as Ben Mendelsohn):lol

And yeah, I'm thinking about some parts of the Han for customs - the gauntlets are interesting and I'm curious about the gun (looks a bit ROTJ.) The head will be a $$ generator: perfect for a KOTCS Indy, among others.

Agreed on the KOTCS Indy with this sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How on earth they are going to expand that character in the next one I have no idea. Boyega's pretty limited as a performer, the character had no real weight to him other than a fairly generic (stormie-on-first-outing-who-never-killed-nobody-turns-good!) Wookiepedia backstory, and he came across as Rey's goofball brother more than as a potential romantic match-up. Maybe he turns out to be an android.:dunno:lol

That rumored gay Poe-Finn from a while back could have actually finally made him interesting, but after the Cinderella backlash, I'm sure Disney knows better.

I think the whole point to Finns character though is that you can take a person like that from a child and raise them to be evil, but if it's just not in their nature you cannot tarnish them!

Regarding the gay thing haven't they made LeFou officially gay in the new live action beauty and the beast? And what Cinderella backlash do you speak of?

I think the whole point to Finns character though is that you can take a person like that from a child and raise them to be evil, but if it's just not in their nature you cannot tarnish them!

Regarding the gay thing haven't they made LeFou officially gay in the new live action beauty and the beast? And what Cinderella backlash do you speak of?

You'd just think a guy like that wouldn't have made the first cut, let alone made it all the way to actual combat. He makes Gomer Pyle look like Sgt. Rock.:lol I just never saw a single inkling that Finn was raised to be evil. Not one. He's a perfectly well adjusted, goofy and sweet Mr. nice guy.

Ms. Phasma must be a complete idiot for keeping him in that long. If there was a reality TV show "Project Stormtrooper," Finn would have gotten cut in round one.

And sorry, yeah I meant B & the B, not Cinderella. There were news stories about it getting banned in Russia and Malaysia (and Disney had agreed to cut the scene) and some theaters in the South were refusing to play it.

You'd just think a guy like that wouldn't have made the first cut, let alone made it all the way to actual combat. He makes Gomer Pyle look like Sgt. Rock.:lol I just never saw a single inkling that Finn was raised to be evil. Not one. He's a perfectly well adjusted, goofy and sweet Mr. nice guy.

Ms. Phasma must be a complete idiot for keeping him in that long. If there was a reality TV show "Project Stormtrooper," Finn would have gotten cut in round one.

And sorry, yeah I meant B & the B, not Cinderella. There were news stories about it getting banned in Russia and Malaysia (and Disney had agreed to cut the scene) and some theaters in the South were refusing to play it.

It's like the outrage over Finn being a black storm trooper all over again *rolls eyes*

This is why we're doomed as a race lol!

It's like the outrage over Finn being a black storm trooper all over again *rolls eyes*

This is why we're doomed as a race lol!

giphy.gif

I popped my collar. The neck joint is unsightly, but you need to view from a high & close angle for it to be a major distraction. I can definitely live with it, as it is more screen accurate. IMG_0026.JPG

Here's another picture closer up. The shirt can be futzed to hide the joint from all but the most close or high angles. image.jpg

Awesome shot, Rudimus! :clap
Thanks TonTon! Seeing all the great shots you post of this figure makes me want to contribute some as well.

You'd just think a guy like that wouldn't have made the first cut, let alone made it all the way to actual combat. Ms. Phasma must be a complete idiot for keeping him in that long. If there was a reality TV show "Project Stormtrooper," Finn would have gotten cut in round one.

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_o2uglrM7pC1stbz1g_500.gif

Back