1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V2 has become a dirty word for V1'ers. :lol The V2 batch should now be known as V1-b. Takes a bit of the sting out.

BTW, I'm so pleased to have a V2. :lol

So I've been out of the loop on this figure as I wait for Popcultcha to finally get it in stock, but I just want to clarify that we now know there was definite variations in the paint applications on this figure right?

Where he compares two Yoda heads. One is definitely more green right? Am I crazy? At the very least its surely as "Big" a variation as there was between the Han Solo heads.

I am purposefully avoiding saying "V2" lol.

Geeez I hope the hair on my Yoda doesn't look like that on his eyes open version. (currently on the way to me). I think I'd prefer the painted hair underneath.

but he will be one of those rare and hard to find figures one day i just know it.

There's no way HT made a special body for Yoda without intending to reuse it. My guess is they'll do a Dagobah Training Luke one day with a Yoda that goes in the back pack and he'll be this one but minus the extra sculpt and all the flying rocks etc.

Play with dolls you do ?

e90828390df404f376a4d489a4760ef5.jpg

I think it looks great man, they eyes make huge improvement on the Hasbro figure! Paint looks much better than your earlier pics too, excellent work.

The only criticism I could give would be that the eyelids look a little rough sculpt-wise. Maybe smooth that over a bit if it's possible? Keep up the great work dude!

The only criticism I could give would be that the eyelids look a little rough sculpt-wise. Maybe smooth that over a bit if it's possible? Keep up the great work dude!

Thanks buddy. Yes, I agree. I'd like to tidy up the bottom eyelids, but I've found it quite tricky working with the Sculpey I've been using. It looks a lot more apparent in photos than it does in-hand though, and I'm a bit concerned about trying to re-work them again and risk ruining the work I've already done!! So I may just stop here. I'm happy with him and from normal viewing distances you really don't notice the rough edges.

Right on, yeah sometimes close up shots reveal things you dont notice at normal viewing distance. And honestly how it looks at normal viewing distance is what really matters :)

Anybody else have trouble putting the open eyed sculpt onto another HT Yoda Body? I bought an extra body from TA to have two full figures, but the open eyed head or doesn't go all the way down the neck peg or it sits really loose. Is this a common issue?

I've noticed that no one is fixing the robe. The right side is suppose to overlap the left. But Hot Toys did it in reverse; but no one seems to notice? Just like how they put Chewie's bowcaster sling on backwards. But some ppl did notice that and fixed it. With a lot collectors being OCD and sticklers for accuracy, I figured most would fix this easy to fix error.

Just needs some PS wizard to make Obi-wan translucent....

IMG3092.jpg

Loving these pics.

Maybe this is a pre episode IV scene :) Saves on all the effort with Photoshop ;-)

Obi Wan : "Do I really need to go back to that dust bowl ? It's your turn to sweat it out on Tatooine Master Yoda".

I called Sideshow and asked if they would allow me to use my $50 code on this one. It was only off by a penny, but couldn't do it online. CS rep got the ok and pushed it right through for me. Got Yoda yesterday and he is amazing! HT did an excellent job on this one. Do not judge him by his size.....the Force is his ally!
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg

Be careful not to use the cane as a third leg support. I just had mine bend far enough under ALL THAT WEIGHT and tumble Yoda right to the floor. Just like the old Medicom cane. Stupid rubber/plastic.

Back