1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just involves cutting away a little of the hump/shoulder area behind the head peg. Obviously, the more you cut the farther back you can go. It doesn't affect the way the clothes sit at all. I had an idea to do this almost as soon as I got it out, but i have to credit Cocoboloboy with doing it first.

yoda-1.jpg yoda-2.jpg

Thanks guys! I love this guy. My one complaint is that the cane seem too short (and no orange snake of course)

Great use of the lighting for both Yoda and Ben.

:clap

Ummm I need to see more pics like that ASAP. It looks great! Excellent use of warm and cool colors especially making Ben look like Force ghost! 

Comatoast that is a great mod! I was running into that same issue with the head articulation! Love your pics always

Great composition in that shot Comatoast. Bravo :clap

It just involves cutting away a little of the hump/shoulder area behind the head peg. Obviously, the more you cut the farther back you can go. It doesn't affect the way the clothes sit at all. I had an idea to do this almost as soon as I got it out, but i have to credit Cocoboloboy with doing it first.

View attachment 347404 View attachment 347405

thank you, Sir! :clap

I don't understand the hesitancy on this figure - I think it's great. Perfect? No, point to a HT SW fig that is though. I modded the hump/neck area to allow him to move his head back more - he was looking up in more scenes than not - they should have allowed for more movement. I like the closed eyes sculpt but I think the open is great too.

Here's a force ghost Ben...
"There is another..."

45aa107d74e6e1ad1b72d0c95b919b6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of the best pics, if not thee best, I've seen in this thread. Fantastic! :clap

Finally got mine from my local store in Canada. I think I have version 1. I might light wash the puppy nose as it's a bit too dark in person. I do see that there is a bit too much muddy red/brown in the creases of his head. Not too big of a deal for me though.
7170597b3d2ce0f4918b8d8c4099b262.jpg
fa381b3fcedf53e6757c595d76690728.jpg
64e2dff527bffedfe81cbe9345b0d3e9.jpg
0a913ccd2b4a5ec60be32e9871191870.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Hot Toys Shanghai store has a great life-size Yoda on display ! Was there this week. Great store !

Attachments

• Yoda+R2.jpg
    Yoda+R2.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 325
  • Yoda.jpg
    Yoda.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 326
The closed eye HS might be one of my favorite HT's sculpts ever! It is so good. Everytime I pose and re-pose this figure I smile. To me that's what this hobby is all about...

Ok, after looking at these pics Hoody, the pic you posted in the Leia thread makes more sense now as far as the display cabinet. I wish we had stores like that around where I live.

Ok, after looking at these pics Hoody, the pic you posted in the Leia thread makes more sense now as far as the display cabinet. I wish we had stores like that around where I live.

Yes, it's a very cool shop. There were a couple of people walking into the shop and they were saying "oh my god this is so amazing" !!

I bought a couple of figures, and one chinese girl wanted a photo taken with me. Said I was "So Cool" :) Maybe it was just because i'm pretty tall. Either way it was a pretty amazing shop experience :)

Maybe I am just cool ;-) who knows :)

Back