1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont miss out on this one guys!

To me, Yoda is absolutely required for an OT collection. He's pretty much as universally recognizable as Vader, and I'm betting will be hard to come by when he dries up (unless HT does another run, that is).

Plus its a fantastic figure. I was happy with the SSC Yoda, but the HT completely blows it out of the water in hand.

image.jpg
YODA FACEPALM

When a 900 year old 2 feet tall green guy gives you a facepalm, you know the fail is epic.

I know, I'm having a real hard time pulling the trigger on this guy.

I know I'll regret it, but... excitement level at 0.

Trust me, you won't regret it. He's one of my favorite star wars hot toys, and trust me I have a lot. No regrets here.

Dont miss out on this one guys!

To me, Yoda is absolutely required for an OT collection. He's pretty much as universally recognizable as Vader, and I'm betting will be hard to come by when he dries up (unless HT does another run, that is).

Plus its a fantastic figure. I was happy with the SSC Yoda, but the HT completely blows it out of the water in hand.

Totally agree!! He is a must have for any star wars fan that collects hot toys. I seriously am surprised he is not sold out yet.

I know, I'm having a real hard time pulling the trigger on this guy.

I know I'll regret it, but... excitement level at 0.

That's the benefit of collecting, we get to pick and choose what we want to get. I know I've not cared about some figures that other people were absolutely ecstatic about.

Yoda is a great figure and one of my favorites in my collection, but if you're not feeling it, then that's fine too. My advice is to go for it but don't want you to waste your money.

If I have one major complaint about this release, it's that damn screw for the battery compartment on the lamp, it's just too tight. I have a nice set of tiny screwdrivers but struggled to get the screw to move. I thought I was going to completely strip the screw. Once I got the screw out, I tossed it, I'm never going to try and put it back in again.

I have the same problem but can't loosen the darn thing. I'm afraid of stripping the screw but it's getting to the point that I've thought about forcing it open anyway.

I really wanted to get this figure, but it just doesn't look right to me. I'm pretty sure it's the eyes. They're too small and don't have depth...
yoda-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg

I really wanted to get this figure, but it just doesn't look right to me. I'm pretty sure it's the eyes. They're too small and don't have depth...
View attachment 351489

This is not a good figure and you are right it does not look like yoda.. he is too cute

And the hair.. kills it for me

I'll admit it's topped my customized medicom in my eyes but again... this is not a good figure.

I just can't find where Yoda works in my display. No matter where I put him he seems out of place. He's so small... and unless you have an epic dio for him.. he just doesn't seem to work anywhere.

View attachment 351489

Pop the closed eyes sculpt on. Problem solved with the eyes.

I really like this figure personally, but I do think HT tried to make him a little too neat and symmetrical. Still the best version available in my opinion and probably will be for quite some time.

For anyone still after this, KG Hobby have this down to £137, postage from Hong Kong to be added.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip, after a couple of days deliberation I decided to go for it... tho after postage & customs I'm probably not saving a great deal on buying from a UK supplier... anyway he's on his way from China! [emoji106]

Thanks for the tip, after a couple of days deliberation I decided to go for it... tho after postage & customs I'm probably not saving a great deal on buying from a UK supplier... anyway he's on his way from China! [emoji106]
If you ask them they can mark it as a gift or under value it[emoji6] avoids customs. I've not bought from there but another poster on here has. I've used Timcent on ebay and he did the same.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I said it before but this was THE figure to have PERS. Have the capability to move the eyes independently, too.

I currently have Yoda with Bespin Luke and am thinking of adding my extra R2 to the display but that would mean dirtying him up a bit.

My Yoda arrived today love him except my open eyes hair hs hair pretty much falling out after barely touching. My closed eyes was fine even thick hair but again open eyes barely posed and felt like just had kemo on him wtf.:gah: I'm hoping sideshow will replace for me not a credit . I def dont want go thru sending him completely back. I'd post pics but photobucket sucks now and still searching for free photo host site easy to use.

I said it before but this was THE figure to have PERS. Have the capability to move the eyes independently, too.

I currently have Yoda with Bespin Luke and am thinking of adding my extra R2 to the display but that would mean dirtying him up a bit.

if they did do the pers system for yoda my question would be where would they hide the rod to control the eye system at. it`s not like they did with there luke where they could hide it underneath the hair with the magnet and could get away with it. I think it would look silly to do the same with yoda It would have a noticeable seem I don't know.

Good point but I could see where the hair in the lower back of the head could connect/disconnect via a magnet. This was before they added the faux hair, which is too sensitive to be constantly touched.

Good point but I could see where the hair in the lower back of the head could connect/disconnect via a magnet. This was before they added the faux hair, which is too sensitive to be constantly touched.

yeah that`s what I mean I don't think there would be a good place to hide it for a realistic look to him.

Back