1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the statues better for sculpts. This one is my favorite and it goes well in my display. Comes with two heads.

6834120e861f7326b998598ae95e1baa.jpg

be359b3853c1ddf793f5ee549b158873.jpg

e042172afbd62b39bd5d146e7a1e8428.jpg

I also have the Kotobukiya Yoda in my collection, great sculpt, really captures the likeness of Yoda.

Anyone notice the size of the lantern compared to Yoda? The ARTFX statue has the size correct - HT has it only a little larger than Yoda's hand.:slap

And see the little tiny pouch on the ARTFX statue's belt? That's the size it's supposed to be, not the saddle bag the HT one has.

I like the statues better for sculpts. This one is my favorite and it goes well in my display. Comes with two heads.

6834120e861f7326b998598ae95e1baa.jpg

13138906_1024471457637089_9025718874845570022_n.jpg

The pouch really isn't that big of a deal to me. Lantern either I guess but after comparing the two photos, the Hot Toys version is so teeny tiny. Why would they do that?

:lol Hmm... Too big the pouch is. Too small the lantern is.

The pouch is quite a bit too big. Note the flutes are sized the same in the pic below - flute is supposed to be taller than the pouch.

As I said before, this is all about the headsculpt (every other 1/6 Yoda has done a decent job with the rest) but between the double-sized pouch, the half-sized lantern and the GG Jumbo vintage fig's robe - totally unweathered/distressed - frankly, it's not a very promising start from Hot Toys, even for an early preview pic.

yoda_zps988ftxox.png

Dunno.. the Medi looks good with a bit of work? Body is crap alright and he is ball-less.
I suspect this HT version will be knock out though, hopefully with a version of working PERS.
This character was made for bulgy posable eyes.
:lol

1-97_zpsc24394bf.jpg

Do Hot Toys generally do this kind of figure well - figures of non-human characters?

Nice pic Rory!

I'm looking certainly forward to seeing the specs for this HT version, & the PERS feature would work well for a figure like this as mentioned.

Dunno.. the Medi looks good with a bit of work? Body is crap alright and he is ball-less.
I suspect this HT version will be knock out though, hopefully with a version of working PERS.
This character was made for bulgy posable eyes.
:lol

I'm not as big a pers hater as a lot, but not sure pers would work well with this figure only for the potential seam lines to access the rolling mechanism.

This is still my favorite Medi/SSC Yoda pic. Kind of "tolerating" each other.:lol

IMGP9644.JPG

Back