1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a sweetness to Yoda's face - that Stuart Freeborn kindness I guess - that I don't see with this figure. Looks a bit like a green banker. There may be changes before release but I've got a feeling Hot Toys is feeling pretty good about this one... or not. Unexpectedly sitting on the fence with this one.

I'm new, didn't want to start out on the negative side. Sorry.

I'm okay with the price. Yoda is an essential character and he comes with a decent set of accessories plus the extra sculpt.

Ordered from bbts, may change to sideshow when my points come in. Really looking forward to this release and $199 is a really good price I'd say

Where are people seeing it has no NRD? I just got an email from SSC advertisting this and it's got a 20 dollar NRD. Are you telling me SSC had it with no NRD for only an hour or two? That's nuts.

Shouldn't be surprised with the $200 price, GotG Rocket was $160 and didn't include anywhere near the extras and unique stand Yoda has. Gonna pass on preordering and see if I can get this at a discount through certain channels once it arrives stateside, highly doubt this will sell out.

Where are people seeing it has no NRD? I just got an email from SSC advertisting this and it's got a 20 dollar NRD. Are you telling me SSC had it with no NRD for only an hour or two? That's nuts.

Nuts but true, ordered mine without one. Added shortly after.

SS must have posted the preorder page without NRD for a little while and corrected it. There's an NRD now.

I thought that no NRD applied for anything UNDER $200???

No preorder for me. Will wait for the NRD to go away, or go coupon eligible.

Gonna be $18 in shipping fees too.

I'm sure it'll look good in hand. However, I also think there's considerable room for improvement. The features are really close, but slightly too fat-faced. Also, just as Farmboy Luke had a good sculpt that was undone by the hairpiece, I think the ears and the shape of the head let it down.

Does anyone else think his top lip looks a bit like the ROTJ Yoda, which was sculpted with an 'einstein' moustache?

I hope they carry on with it and improve it. All that said, of course I'll get it. I always hope for a 3d version of a film still but at the end of the day it's an action figure not a prop replica.

Shouldn't be surprised with the $200 price, GotG Rocket was $160 and didn't include anywhere near the extras and unique stand Yoda has. Gonna pass on preordering and see if I can get this at a discount through certain channels once it arrives stateside, highly doubt this will sell out.

Agreed, not surprised at all. Take what you imagine it's worth to you and add 25%, the never-fail HT MSRP formula.

There's a sweetness to Yoda's face - that Stuart Freeborn kindness I guess - that I don't see with this figure. Looks a bit like a green banker. There may be changes before release but I've got a feeling Hot Toys is feeling pretty good about this one... or not. Unexpectedly sitting on the fence with this one.

I'm new, didn't want to start out on the negative side. Sorry.

I actually think it suffers from the same problem as all their other SW sculpts-- just way too idealized and symmetrical. It's really missing the character and slight asymmetry of the puppet (where one ear always hung a bit lower than the other, or one eye was open a bit wider than the other, etc).

Is it safe to pre-order this now, or is there a chance Hot Toys will announce a set of two with Dagobah Luke?

Not sure what some people here were thinking but there was absolutely no way that the jedi master was going to be the same price as the wet rat. None. Especially when yoda comes with 2 heads and the diorama stuff. Sure I wish it was cheaper but the price is as expected.

If you ordered early you got lucky. They won't go back and start charging NRD to people who got in first.

But the real question is: what's the rule now with NRDs? Apparently its not just for items above $200.

Back