1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here go some comparison pics.

Have a look at the movie Yoda with Hot Toys and Sideshow proto pics.

View attachment 265505

We don't have the final Hot Toys Yoda yet, but here is the same comparison pic with my in hand Sideshow Yoda:

View attachment 265506

Wrinckles on the nose area and top of the head area look better on sideshow... I rather SSC sculpt so far.
Colour and clothes, hands, cane, look much better on HT.

The added "rooted" hair also helps find SSC better, IMHO.

I thought the nits were a little overboard at first, but this does pretty much validate all of them.

The better paint does make it look night and day better than SS's, but the sculpts themselves do share a lot of aspects. Some things like the ears are even better on SS's

I have faith that HT will tune this up and give us something better than what's shown, but what's shown so far is still pretty good!

Hottoys did a much better job with the proportions of the face than sideshow though IMO. I don't see why it would come with a light saber since puppet Yoda never had one

And what about ssc yoda master versus this HT ? of course not same episode,but i speak about hs quality compare to true hs..

Looks good but as others have commented, price will dictate a purchase from me.

Should have come with a pen-light holding arm that can replace the regular arm...

Also, a sound feature where we push a button and hear a long Yoda laugh. Make sure that the electronics are just as bad as the Vader setup so that the laugh mocks us...
:wink1:

Hottoys did a much better job with the proportions of the face than sideshow though IMO. I don't see why it would come with a light saber since puppet Yoda never had one

it's true!

not only paint apps are far better, head proportions are better in HT prototype.

I guess we will have to wait till final Yoda comes out!

If only they tweaked a bit that sculpt... less jowly.... it reminds me of...

image.jpg

image.jpg

He seems a bit too chubby and jowl-y - and the open eyes expression doesn't really capture Yoda's vibe - but I like it. I really love that they did the closed-eyes sculpt. Not sure that's the key display option, but I'll use it. And just like with HT Bespin Luke, it's the alternate "specific scene" head that looks best. Very nicely done.:clap

Certainly the best 1/6 Yoda we've gotten, but I wouldn't call it a home run. More of a "definitely more positives than negatives" for me. I've bought every 1/6 Yoda available - and then resold it. But I'll definitely give this a shot.

Hate-hate-hate these teeny-tiny accessories HT puts beside these releases. That lantern and crate you could fit in a 1/6 scale figure's pocket. They join the teeny-tiny club of HT's mouse droid and interrogation droid. Why not just put a sticker on the box - "with bonus Black Series scale accessories!":slap

Hmmm... not feeling a strong need to buy him at $200. I was hoping he'd be more like $150 or $175; similar to Rocket's pricing.

Holy crap! Didn't see that coming. I was thinking $179.99.

Funny, I was thinking $219. Although if it was Sideshow's it would probably be $279... so it's a bargain!

Anyway, one additional pic from Sideshow (free of charge)...

star-wars-yoda-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902738.png

Attachments

• star-wars-yoda-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902738.jpg
    star-wars-yoda-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902738.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 290
Fine with the price. Nov-Jan release. Hope there is a chance that it ships out from SS before x-mas, but not holding my breath.

I want to use the sleeping head to plant Yoda around the house so my wife can keep finding Yoda sleeping in odd places.

:rotfl

I was hoping for PERS and rooted hair (both pipe dreams for this figure, I know) but I'm satisfied with the portrait. I think it'll look even better as a final product. Keeping my fingers crossed on the price.

This would have been great with the single PERS system

Yeah, out of all the 1/6 figures, this one would have been pretty great with PERS. That being said, Yoda is almost impossible to nail likeness-wise, so maybe it would have been too much

If I recall, in one of the earlier drafts of the film, they do! :)

Yeah, they use the steel bars in lightsaber training in a cut scene in ESB.

Too bad he doesn't come with an old-school Kenner snake.

Yeah, the snake is a pretty glaring omission to me. Yoda and snakes have gone together since 1980. Also, the log that the SSC came with was the best part of that set.

Back