1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yoda does look best in natural light.. pose him close to a shot in ESB, light it similarly and especially the closed eye sculpt is imo spot on.. as is any good figure, our eyes are made for sunlight so that is when you will see how detailed or lack thereof an item really is.

I kinda wish people doing reviews online would show figures and statues especially two ways - natural sunlight and how they were lighted in a scene/movie to really give people an idea.

I find newer hot toys figures next to say other versions of the character really shows their quality when you put them in sunlight together.

Couple recent pics.

665B1F16-41B9-4CFB-8D5F-7C0493CEF604.jpeg

75F39A66-7E62-44C9-AF4A-B375E848BA29.jpeg

Yod1.jpg
Yod2.jpg

FINALLY picked up this guy NIB from a HK seller at the original price and I couldn't be happier. Shipping from HK to Australia is so much cheaper than the US, and takes only about 5 days too.

The pictures don't do the figure justice. Despite some obvious errors, it is a great iteration of ESB Yoda.

That said... some of the basic errors suggest that the Hot Toys team don't do a simple screen-capture review of the source material at the designing stage. Back of the head for instance bears no resemblance to puppet's head as seen when he's rummaging around in Luke's eskie. Anyway .

Back