1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think from the sharply above angle (like I was going for in the first pic) the open eyed sculpt is pretty good. It de-emphasizes the jowly face. But yeah, the closed eyed sculpt is definitely better. I think adding PERS and having ONLY the rooted (glued on) hair would improved the sculpt a bit -- as is the eyes don't seem recessed quite enough.

I must be the only one that believes the open eyed sculpt is actually better than the closed eyes one. :slap

The closed-eyed definitely looks better to me, but I still can't not see those huge jowls on him. The puppet had them too, but they angled back a lot more. The larger problem with the HT sculpt I think is that the face is just too flat and doesn't jut out quite as much as it should.

yoda2 (800x442).jpg

But then when I look at a comparison there seems to be a whole lot that's off about it, and the entire shape seems to be wrong...

yodas.jpg

The problem is that the HT Yoda is too idealized. The puppet is imperfect where the right side doesn't match the left side. It's the epitome of Star Wars props.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back