1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Ep.VII - Finn (Stormtrooper Ver.) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
86bc5d0fc9cd2eacd24f3101ca628f2a.jpg
d95558bffd3a7f7d7070e449f072754f.jpg
c13beb0e1db049550b9b75b9ec05cf63.jpg
016121bb2f2d434202d4ffbc3e9c325a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics Creasy .. Mine is at the post office awaiting pic up.

What's your thoughts?

Cheers,
First thought is I need a new detolf as this guy has to be displayed on his own [emoji846]
The weathering is really well done, I thought it would be less but it's really accurate & looks great on a stormtrooper.
Without a doubt my favourite trooper

Cheers,
First thought is I need a new detolf as this guy has to be displayed on his own [emoji846]
The weathering is really well done, I thought it would be less but it's really accurate & looks great on a stormtrooper.
Without a doubt my favourite trooper

Good to hear....the weathering is difficult to pick up in the pics nice to know it's present

They might not have any internal detailing to go off of--i haven't seen any at least. The OT helmets had 30 years to define what the interiors look like before SS first did them. I haven't seen that same thing for the TFA helmets. Maybe in that cross sections book?

This figure (a plain non-blood streaked version) should have been the first Finn released in all honesty, should have come out shortly after the movie since they had tons of stormtroopers in production already. This gets more screen time than Resistance Rey so it's a little odd if they really just keep this as a Disney Shanghai exclusive.

Is it guaranteed that they'll get him or are we actually not sure at this point?

Some people say it's not happening. I don't think Sideshow has gotten any of the other Shanghai store exclusives (two Iron Man figures that came out in June/July, but a caveat on those is that one was a straight re-release and one was close to a re-release in a sort of chrome gold version of a figure that had already seen a gold release). I emailed them a few weeks ago and this is what they said. I wasn't convinced by this answer that they would be getting it so I just ended up buying it on eBay--the lowest price just came down last night by $20 to $309 now.

I emailed and said I saw Finn Stormtrooper in their coming soon section and that it was released in China but there was still no pre-order and asked if they were getting it. This is what they said:

"Because Hot Toys is located in Hong Kong, they will always release to their area first and there is always a delay in when it will arrive to us. At this time we do not have any updates as to when we will be placing this figure up for pre-order. We generally get this information at the exact same time that it is updated on our site. I do apologize for any inconvenience this causes!"

"For information on current, upcoming and future products, please sign-up for our newsletter via the homepage on our website, www.sideshowcollectibles.com, if you have not already done so."

Ugh. Canned corporate responses. I understand why they have to issue them but it doesn't make them any less transparent.

They answer your question without actually giving you an answer.

I don't see why this, of all figures, wouldn't see a wide release. Every piece has already been produced.

Ugh. Canned corporate responses. I understand why they have to issue them but it doesn't make them any less transparent.

They answer your question without actually giving you an answer.

I don't see why this, of all figures, wouldn't see a wide release. Every piece has already been produced.
Exactly. :lol It was almost like they were answering a different question. And I'm in total agreement, it would make no sense for this not to get a wide release. It is strange though as I can't think of another time where the "pre-order" photos were shown but then weeks went by without a pre-order, so I just bit the bullet.

If I ended up losing out that's okay. I've been pretty frugal with other purchases, either always using a $20 coupon or scoring good deals from other retailers.

Back