1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Ep.VII - Finn (Stormtrooper Ver.) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you'd still miss the exclusive sweaty Finn HS :monkey3

:lol That's what I was thinking too. I actually think the effect is perfect for Finn but unnecessary for Luke.

Oh there is sweat on the sculpt? I didn't know, well that changes everything then. Changes everything then, $250 me! :monkey1

:lol Yeah for some reason this is like the SS Snowspeeder Luke and they made about 45 of them. My only thinking is that they realized how much the regular Finn figures were about to shelf warm so they drastically cut production numbers to force people to buy that one or make their own custom stormtrooper versions using the regular and also shelf warming Stormtroopers.

Last edited:
This was also an exclusive though so that might have played into why there were less. Couple that with the fact that Finn didn't sell well and there was an over abundance of First Order Troopers in stock it's a tad surprising they made it at all.

True, but it was a strange exclusive at that. Was first available only as a Disney Store exclusive in Shanghai. Then it sold out in a weekend after it first became available at SS. Only similar Star Wars example of something selling out that fast was that first black hole stormtrooper.

I made mine, bought parts from Toy Anxiety over time and took advantage of a sale they were having. I painted the helmet myself. I think overall it cost me about $175? The head is not sweaty , but I can live with that. I can't see the sweat from a distance anyway,lol.

IMG_2163.JPG

Screen_Shot_2018-01-04_at_10_06_51_PM.png

That's a nice job, I may be nitpicking but my biggest gripe was they didn't make the stand say FN 2187.

That's a nice job, I may be nitpicking but my biggest gripe was they didn't make the stand say FN 2187.

Thanks! The under suit is actually the one that was on the new executioner figure, it's much less padded and its in two parts so it can hold poses much easier.
You'd think the name plate would have made sense, right? I just used any stand I could get, I might see how I can make one that says FN2187. I'm sure someone here on the boards has the skill to do so.

Thanks! The under suit is actually the one that was on the new executioner figure, it's much less padded and its in two parts so it can hold poses much easier.
You'd think the name plate would have made sense, right? I just used any stand I could get, I might see how I can make one that says FN2187. I'm sure someone here on the boards has the skill to do so.

That's interesting they changed the undersuit. I didn't know that. For these guys the fat suit mod was a must. But I appreciate how hot toys actually learns from missteps and their figures are always evolving. Can't think of many companies that make anything that do that. Not just toys. I think the FN name plate would have been a nice touch but I guess it just wasn't thought of. But yea itd be cool if someone did a run of those.

That's interesting they changed the undersuit. I didn't know that. For these guys the fat suit mod was a must. But I appreciate how hot toys actually learns from missteps and their figures are always evolving. Can't think of many companies that make anything that do that. Not just toys. I think the FN name plate would have been a nice touch but I guess it just wasn't thought of. But yea itd be cool if someone did a run of those.

See the link below, it's three parts , the padded vest, the shirt and the jumpsuit with elastic crotch, it's really a whole new design and the padding is inside, but it's much more flexible.

https://toyanxiety.com/search.php?search_query=executioner

I just bought one of these from eBay for £130 delivered.
Meant to be brand new and sealed-slightly suspicious but il wait and see what I get, always got PayPal protection to fall back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it arrived, it was posted ems fast shipping apparently
d7caff2d5d63faa6e0900080dbcc7cc6.jpg

Took just over a week too-still wasn’t sure It would be the actual exclusive Finn
But lo and behold
fcf9a25f9197e5baa7eac8fd58ccf810.jpg
0f17cada77465659890d492c99835036.jpg
e6f1facc7bb9ff268822c705de3ebd4a.jpg
463d0472e3d4d9d428f202b49cb96ec7.jpg

I can’t believe I managed to snag a brand new and sealed exclusive stormtrooper Finn for £127 delivered via ems!!!
I’m stoked-you can find bargains on eBay too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow is this is a long dead thread! I just picked one of these up for dirt cheap due to a couple issues on the figure. For one, the socket inside one of the boots is pretty broken so the ankle peg doesn’t stay in too well. The boots on these stormtroopers seems like a fairly pliable rubber, has anyone ever tried to pull the inner clear socket piece out of one boot to replace into another? I have a spare boot already but it’s not weathered like the boots on this figure.

Update: yes, possible with the trusty boiled water method.

Attachments

• 020211A7-F20F-4EBE-BBDE-0EC2BF2604EF.jpeg
    020211A7-F20F-4EBE-BBDE-0EC2BF2604EF.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back