1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m getting extremely nervous with all these QC issues ..they made us wait all this time, you’d think things would be better..fingers crossed mine is fine :pray:

Maybe they aren’t shipping these the right way

For what it's worth mine had zero issues. I think people tend to post when something goes wrong rather than when not having an issue to report. The main thing is the seam on the head. Everyone has one and some are better than others and only a few are truly bad. You're odds are in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since i cant keep Spidey in a dynamic pose, might as well gear him up. Very happy with the deluxe version. A shout out to Timewalker Toys for their understanding, flexability and shipping.

Attachments

• 20180619_121725.jpg
    20180619_121725.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 197
For what it's worth mine had zero issues. I think people tend to post when something goes wrong rather than when not having an issue to report. The main thing is the seam on the head. Everyone has one and some are better than others and only a few are truly bad. You're odds are in your favor.

Let’s hope so, my string of HT have been excellent over the years, only a few nitpicks but nothing major in the long run and these are from all different kind of vendors I purchased from..jeez, I bought a lot of HT, all from different sources.

Since i cant keep Spidey in a dynamic pose, might as well gear him up. Very happy with the deluxe version. A shout out to Timewalker Toys for their understanding, flexability and shipping.

I’m still trying to figure out where in the film did he wear those huge headphones. Seen the film over and over and haven’t seen it . Ned had those headphones :dunno

Waiting for the replacement head now but he’s on display, just waiting for a crotch grabber to materialise for his perspex stand and I’m happy.
db7135d11b3081e2b61a837f56072d1f.jpg

Waiting for the replacement head now but he’s on display, just waiting for a crotch grabber to materialise for his perspex stand and I’m happy.
db7135d11b3081e2b61a837f56072d1f.jpg

Do the white dots on his forehead look that bad in person, looks lika rip in stitching :panic:

Re-circled it to avoid people thinking I mean the seam. Keep an eye out for this too, don’t leave it too late to notice it
30e3dc39c42f6c81232d98a079d20afc.jpg

That's exactly what I have on mine, though on the other side of the head. Sideshow surprisingly already responded that they're sending a replacement. I usually have to wait days for a response, not hours. Even then I usually get offered a credit instead of a solution.

This is the same exact issue I have with mine as well, although yours isn't nearly as bad as mine. The damage to mine has caused the braille pattern to shift so there's actually a small gap between the bumps.

This QC issue could have been avoided had HT just put plastic wrap around Spidey's head...which they usually do for all their other figures. I dunno why they didn't with this one. Whoever is in charge of their QC should be fired. They overlook such simple solutions to these issues that could have been easily avoided. :slap

Was it nerve-wracking at all to get the hoodie and coat on? This is how I want to display mine as well, but with the hood down and headphones around the neck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was it nerve-wracking at all to get the hoodie and coat on? This is how I want to display mine as well, but with the hood down and headphones around the neck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was, the hoodie was not bad but the yellow jacket is tight at first. However after adjusting and twisting it sits well on the body. I left the web shooters off, it felt to tight with the layers.

This is the same exact issue I have with mine as well, although yours isn't nearly as bad as mine. The damage to mine has caused the braille pattern to shift so there's actually a small gap between the bumps.

This QC issue could have been avoided had HT just put plastic wrap around Spidey's head...which they usually do for all their other figures. I dunno why they didn't with this one. Whoever is in charge of their QC should be fired. They overlook such simple solutions to these issues that could have been easily avoided. :slap

Is there anyway you can futz with the fabric such as pull it or knead it so the stitching doesn't look as a bad as that situation since it's a fabric mask or is it too tight, that stiching is bothering me more now than the seam :slap

Is there anyway you can futz with the fabric such as pull it or knead it so the stitching doesn't look as a bad as that situation since it's a fabric mask or is it too tight, that stiching is bothering me more now than the seam :slap

You can def do that to help smooth out the seam, but the way mine came it was damaged due to clam shell pushing down on the actual mask where it shouldn't have been, thus leaving the mark and warping the braille pattern.

Got my tracking information :blissy

My first HT from BBTS

At the same time I’m :panic: praying that I don’t get that Braille issue of the forehead, the seam I can live with but of course don’t want a bad seam :pray:

I think BBTS has none to sell, eventhough they are shipping, it still says sold out :lecture

What happens when there is a damage problem , does BBTS replace ?

You know I wonder if they can still use this tech suit in the sequel film because if anyone noticed in IW the IS armor went on top of this suit , this suit never got damaged despite what happened to Peter . So this suit might be perfectly fine underneath

Last edited:
You can def do that to help smooth out the seam, but the way mine came it was damaged due to clam shell pushing down on the actual mask where it shouldn't have been, thus leaving the mark and warping the braille pattern.

:slap does he look as good and vibrant in person like the videos and pics in standing museum pose

I luckily had no issues like a black mark on my MMS 244 asm2 and my bbts will be shipping when I pay them on Thursday
I hope I have no issues either. I'll report in once I get it. Anakin just came in but I gave not opened him.

:slap does he look as good and vibrant in person like the videos and pics in standing museum pose

He looks fantastic in person, the colors pop! And he looks great in a static pose cause the suit looks so flush and form-fitting. You will be pleased.

Back